the thread about nothing...

slightly disappointed 2000 wasn't a customizable title or something....
me too, it was uneventful..

no ribbon, no title change. 

mean.gif

Am I getting played? Sold my TV on craigslist. Dude said he wanted to send the check first, have me cash it THEN ask his moving company to come pick it up. Sounds legit. Then he says,

"How are you doing? Sorry i get back to you this late was having a family emergency. Your payment was mailed out already and you should receive it early coming week and the payment will cover the Mover's fee. but I just found out that you were overpaid.. However I want to believe I won't have a problem with you on this. Once you receive the payment, Please proceed to the bank and cash the Check, deduct your money send the remaining via Western Union or Money Gram to the manager of the shipping company that will help me with the pickup. I hope I can fully trust you with this? I will await your response on this so my mind can be at rest."

Is this some type of scam I don't know about?

iLLest!
Sounds legit

ps

I'm Nigerian
It's faker than chicken.

Last edited:
Im used to thug ******

Its too many young ******

Wit too much liqour

Too many drugs in em

Too many cliques

Too much swag now

Too many ****** wearing tight shirts and skinnies

Walking  round wit they *** out

Yall better cash out

-TD

Am I getting played? Sold my TV on craigslist. Dude said he wanted to send the check first, have me cash it THEN ask his moving company to come pick it up. Sounds legit. Then he says,
"How are you doing? Sorry i get back to you this late was having a family emergency. Your payment was mailed out already and you should receive it early coming week and the payment will cover the Mover's fee. but I just found out that you were overpaid.. However I want to believe I won't have a problem with you on this. Once you receive the payment, Please proceed to the bank and cash the Check, deduct your money send the remaining via Western Union or Money Gram to the manager of the shipping company that will help me with the pickup. I hope I can fully trust you with this? I will await your response on this so my mind can be at rest."
iLLest!
sounds iffy to me

It's a scam. Don't know how, but it is.

iLLest!

you're the middle man

WHAT! Foreal? What should I do? And if he sent the check and it DOES get cashed how can he be scammin? Intending to raid my house or something with his "movers." lol... Forgot to mention, when I asked for a number I could reach him at he said he can only text. uh oh. :smh:

iLLest!

Bruh im a craigslist expert(riceboy can confirm) that is a standard craigslist run of the mill scam. Dont ask questions just thank me later

This reminded me my dad was contacted by one of these scams and they tild him thyll give him 1000 dillars in gift cards and im tryna convince mh dad its a scam but hes arguin with me for like 30 min about it :lol:

iLLest!

The check is a fake or stolen.

When he says you were overpaid, he doesn't mean 10 or 20 bucks, he means hundreds.

IF you manage to cash the check and not get stopped right there, count down the days til you get a knock on the door.

You could call the cops and give it to them.

Last edited:
What happened to PB??
Omar=people who hate powerballin

ibm4hDShgjRMmv.gif
Dude put the target on his own back.

He made a bunch a troll threads a couple nights ago. After people started roasting him he got butthurt and started reporting people while still making troll threads.He got suspended. I got a warning as I am sure other people did. Gatzby 
nerd.gif
?
Antwuan Dixon rips stair sets.
there was a recent clip of him skating a ledge, dude kills ledges as well. he said he's going straight now being busy with skating. hope so, he seems like a cool cat and nice person overall
He owes it to himself to get his crap together. I know Deathwish isn't giving him pro models anymore but he is still with them correct? Is he still going to ride for them or is he trying to go somewhere else.

Last edited:
Playing FF7 without a strategy guide is damn near impossible

Same with Legend of Zelda on the original NES.

When he says you were overpaid, he doesn't mean 10 or 20 bucks, he means hundreds.
IF you manage to cash the check and not get stopped right there, count down the days til you get a knock on the door.

****! The checks on the way in the mail. My dads still tryna cash it when it comes and doesn't think it's a scam. :smh:

iLLest!

Its def a scam. They look for people selling items online and usually make very high offers on items and then "accidently overpay". Its a check cashing scam that uses the credit of of the seller instead of the scammer writing bad checks under their own name. Tell your father STAY AWAY and shred that check

****! The checks on the way in the mail. My dads still tryna cash it when it comes and doesn't think it's a scam.
mean.gif

iLLest!
Just show your dad this link. http://www.sid.in-berlin.de/nedkelly-world/craigslistscam.html

Specifically, this passage.
[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][font=#C44405][font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][font=#C44405]Why the scam works?

This overpay scam, and some related wire-transfer scams, work partly because of a float in the banking system. The scammers take advantage of the gap between the time banks are required by federal law to release funds to you and how quickly counterfeit or forged checks are discovered with the federal check-clearing system.

The amounts in these frauds — when reported — are often in the thousands. "Rarely do we see one above $10,000," said Wallace Shields of the Secret Service's Seattle field office.

John Snodgrass, security-risk manager for BECU, said that a bad check's round-trip journey through the Federal Reserve check-clearing system could take 10 days.

"Usually, you'll get it back within that time period, but you're not guaranteed that," he said.

Forged company checks with legitimate account numbers could take much longer than a counterfeit bank cashier's check, he noted, because the company may not discover the fraud immediately. He said months could pass, and the defrauded party could still get its funds back from you via the banking system.

"What the fraudsters are depending on is that you will go ahead and cash that check and send them the overpayment before you realize that check is not good," Shields said.

The overpay scam seems to have spread because it makes the victim feel trusted, given that the other party is giving them often substantial sums of money in trust over the price of the item or service being paid for.

The overpay scam's wire-transfer component makes the fraud seem more credible. A check is sent to cover the fees associated with collecting lottery winnings or other money, and you merely deposit that check and wire the funds to get the full sum, apparently never risking your own money.[/font][/font][/font][/font]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom