the thread about nothing...

Favorite Golden State Warrior of all-time next to Baron Davis.

Warriors were a 17-win team but always watched to see J-Rich throwdown a windmill or 360-dunk. Loved that he expanded his game with a jumper too.

Hated the fact the old management traded him away.
warriors had a lot of heartbreaking terrible trades when i was growing up...tim hardaway for bimbo coles, losing spree, the gilbert arenas rule were terrible...

but jrich for brendan wright...right after a very rare playoff appearance and run was the worst!

I don’t know if I should apply to this job opening.

I like my job now. Small company and can take off anytime I need and is super laid back.

job opening is at a big company but is like my dream job pays more, but I will have to work more and I won’t be able to take spur of the moment Vacations like I can now.

my wife is also really good friends with my bosses daughter and the dude loves me. I’d honestly feel horrible quitting. Idk what to do. :lol: dude has given me anything I ever needed.

I like my job now. Small company and can take off anytime I need and is super laid back.

job opening is at a big company but is like my dream job pays more, but I will have to work more and I won’t be able to take spur of the moment Vacations like I can now.

my wife is also really good friends with my bosses daughter and the dude loves me. I’d honestly feel horrible quitting. Idk what to do. :lol: dude has given me anything I ever needed.
I feel like as you get older, the benefits and quality of life matters more than money....unless of course the new job is a crazy amount more :lol:. At the end of the day, you gotta do what best for you and the family

jrp44 jrp44 it’s only like two dollars more per hour but the pension is much better than my current one. But it would be much stricter. Like I can take off a week in our busiest time and my boss will say have fun. I couldn’t do that there. Also once I am more experienced my boss will switch me to the same union as the new job and I’d make the same money and have the good pension as well. But I have 4 more years until I can. So if I wait I will be in the same pay and pension as the new job. I might just wait.

アミーゴ アミーゴ moving heavy equipment driving something like this, my current job is at a paving company and so is this. This would be easier work though.

gx1905_34.5cba00905c2dc.png

You should all look at roles in 3 different tiers

Pay
Actual job/am I learning skills to develop for 2 roles away
Work/life balance

When you check 2 of 3 off you take the role

pay at current job is good and will get better.

I learn way more than I would at the other job. My company is small so I do a lot of everything. There I would just be a driver.

work life balance is no contest best at my job. It’s unheard of the work for a paving company and get weekends off like I do. The downside is I make less money but I can make up for that in the winter when I’m laid off.

what did your wife say?
im in a similar situation and my fiancé wants me to leave

what did your wife say?
im in a similar situation and my fiancé wants me to leave

she doesn’t care really, but I think she’d be sad because she’s close with the owners they come into her restaurant all the time and we all hang out outside of work but if I wanted to leave she’d be fine with it.

the money isn’t end all be all to me because I’m laid off every thanksgiving regardless of the company and can make up for working less in the summer by working in the winter but at least I enjoy my summer vs work 70 hours a week.

is the new job gonna pay better you’re looking at with added stress?

she doesn’t care really, but I think she’d be sad because she’s close with the owners they come into her restaurant all the time and we all hang out outside of work but if I wanted to leave she’d be fine with it.

the money isn’t end all be all to me because I’m laid off every thanksgiving regardless of the company and can make up for working less in the summer by working in the winter but at least I enjoy my summer vs work 70 hours a week.

is the new job gonna pay better you’re looking at with added stress?
yeah for sure. its going to be more money but less time on call...so essentially less work but the work is more challenging
and i have to commute about 30-40 minutes a day as opposed to the 15 minute commute now.
but i won't be working with kids anymore (health care)
it's such a tough decision. im coming on my 5 year mark with the hospital and it feels like if i want a new challenge the time would be now.
it's just hard to tell if im being complacent or if i'm not realizing how good i have it cause i do like it here.

keep the thread updated with your decision and how it turns out. it's very interesting. i don't plan on moving soon with coronavirus going on but im looking more towards next year i will know if i want to or not.

yeah for sure. its going to be more money but less time on call...so essentially less work but the work is more challenging
and i have to commute about 30-40 minutes a day as opposed to the 15 minute commute now.
but i won't be working with kids anymore (health care)
it's such a tough decision. im coming on my 5 year mark with the hospital and it feels like if i want a new challenge the time would be now.
it's just hard to tell if im being complacent or if i'm not realizing how good i have it cause i do like it here.

keep the thread updated with your decision and how it turns out. it's very interesting. i don't plan on moving soon with coronavirus going on but im looking more towards next year i will know if i want to or not.

I feel you man, I feel like if I leave I’ll regret it and then I won’t get to go back right away because they will fill my spot and I’ll have to wait to get back at my old job if I hate the new one. Then I have to deal the with the pain of switching health insurances with the new union etc etc.

I’d stay at your job if you like it. Plus that commute is nice especially if you work long hours. I don’t feel like you’re being complacent if you like the job and it’s a good place to work. Especially if you’re only going to make a little more for a bigger headache.

I don’t know about your job but no one quits at my job. We have three people who have been there since 18 and are retiring soon. It’s crazy.

Back
Top Bottom