the thread about nothing...

You know sometimes…..sometimes….young relationships work out. I’d at least see how they interact as a family unit before I’d tell someone to jump ship. If they mess around and work out its going to take a written letter signed by your wife, Jesus and Beyonce to get rid of that ‘bitter *****’ label. Ijs.

I know three people who married their high school sweatharts. All three of them are still married to this day with kids and are presumably happy.

Everybody is different.

You know sometimes…..sometimes….young relationships work out. I’d at least see how they interact as a family unit before I’d tell someone to jump ship. If they mess around and work out its going to take a written letter signed by your wife, Jesus and Beyonce to get rid of that ‘bitter *****’ label. Ijs.

Oh of course anything can happen....If I had to bet my money though?

I know three people who married their high school sweat harts. All three of them are still married to this day with kids and are presumably happy.

Everybody is different.

If you had to compare those 3 to the number of high school relationships you know that didn't work out what would the percentages be?

If you had to compare those 3 to the number of high school relationships you know that didn't work out what would the percentages be?
giphy.gif

Not very high, but not everybody in high school even gets involved in a serious relationship. A lot of people just mess around.

I think that makes a difference.

Not very high, but not everybody in high school even gets involved in a serious relationship. A lot of people just mess around.

I think that makes a difference.

I wouldn't consider any relationship between teenagers serious. It didn't become serious until the pregnancy. That's the only difference between them and a non serious teenager relationship.

I don't think you told them anything wrong.

Two 19 year old's having a child sounds like a disaster. You should've told them their lives as they know it is now effectively over and everything they do this day forward the child now has to be considered.

Your 22 year old friends going on a random road trip? Nope can't go, you have a child. Moving to another city just because? Gotta make sure it works out with the other person and you have a child. Want to make a career change? Better be ready to work/go to school at nights cause you still have a child.

I don't think enough people are honest with these young adults and place too much emphasis on "love" and "how they feel". Love falls apart real quick once them bills start hitting.
No lies told.

Then no one considers the resentment that will more likely build. Can it work out? Sure.

But odds are not favorable.

it depends how long of a view you take. there is a lot to be said for having kids at a young age. When they are in high school you’re still young enough to be very active and go do stuff with them. We’re missing a lot of that in society today. And if you’re two 19 year olds with a lot of family support it’s even better. Because younger grandparents can help out a way lot more than older grandparents. You can always work, go have fun, etc but raising a child takes an insane amount of energy. Obviously not saying this is the right way i’m just saying there’s more than one way to look at this in the long run.

it depends how long of a view you take. there is a lot to be said for having kids at a young age. When they are in high school you’re still young enough to be very active and go do stuff with them. We’re missing a lot of that in society today. And if you’re two 19 year olds with a lot of family support it’s even better. Because younger grandparents can help out a way lot more than older grandparents. You can always work, go have fun, etc but raising a child takes an insane amount of energy. Obviously not saying this is the right way i’m just saying there’s more than one way to look at this in the long run.
I think you’re right— that family support is key, though. Any challenge, with a good network of loving folks, can be made into a good life.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people without that support.

Back
Top Bottom