THE THREAD ABOUT SKATEBOARDING.

I barely started skating an 8, I stayed at 7.75 my first 8+- years of skating then went to a 7.9 but those are nearly impossible to find.

I do want an old school shape board on the side, I'm trying to learn how to skate pools but haven't found the balls to actually go 100%
haven't heard the name Danny Sargent in a long long time, read a bit of his interview, thanks for posting, can't wait to read the rest.
the K1's are easy to find on ebay all day, the cheapest I saw a pair go was about $40, the K3 is what I wish I could find more often. 

those Sal re-releases were dope, I wish I'd jump on those, the white/baby blue ones though 
nthat.gif

damn, Angel Cardenas rips. 

I wish Danny Garcia was out there filming more, definitely one of my all time favorites. style, switch mongo pushing. going to try to stock up on a few of his Habitat shoes, I heard they were pretty good.

The fact that Element basically forgot about Jeremy Wray is another reason that it's a mere shell of the company it used to be. I think the last time I actually considered buying anything Element was when back in the Element World Tour days. Mostly downhill after Billabong bought them out and Bam became a household name IMO. More stuff in the Muckmouth interview. Also bummed on Thunder/Spitfire dropping him and his brother.

Regardless of how sick Jeremy might think his brother Jonas is, he's FREAKING JEREMY WRAY! There's no competing with that body of work! What's Jonas gonna do, do everything Jeremy did switch? Found this little edit of old footage on Paul Luna's YouTube channel. Kind of reminds me of Huf or Donger.

As much as I think it's lame when board companies make shoes, I heard a lot of good things about Habitat shoes. Maybe the best-looking shoes made by a board company since Vision Street Wear? I remember when Element and Zoo York came out with shoes and feeling bad for anyone on the board team that got convinced to give up their legit shoe sponsors to wear those.

Guys like Brent Achtley. Haven't kept up with his more recent stuff, but he was killing it in those SBs!

Jeremy Wray 
nthat.gif
 one of the best Adio shoes ever and that Carlsbad roof/tower gap will live in skateboarding forever. I did see somewhere that he will try to have a part out.

tumblr_lsnqnl8kbD1qfcjs0o1_400.gif

also good to see Pat Channita is still on a skateboard.

Big-Brother-June-2001--73-Interview-Pat-Channita-part-1-high.jpg

I came across this cool video of Dennis Busenitz and his ledge making, wish I had one so bad, all I want is a chill spot to skate and having a portable ledge that I can take to a basketball court would be a dream come true.

Unlike some other pro skaters who mess with woodworking, Busenitz makes things that are skateable, and skates them!

As far as randomly edited videos with skateboarding in them go, Bill Murray wins!

No artsy crap, just random weirdness and lots of skateboarding.

One of the (only?) sickest Thai born German-transplants to ever step on a board!

Last edited:
I skipped through "Bill Murray" it looks so good! I'll watch it later.

Lem is tight, I love his nollie heels, wish I could keep them as straight as he does.

Geoff Rowley got hurt, sucks to see him down.

4111d9eabe6d11e39c450002c99c271a_8.jpg

also this cool little thing on Alex Olson, I definitely dig his view on skateboarding.

so is prods new board just gold foil hidden under the graphic of the deck? I want the all gold one

Primitive Skateboarding is official!!!

PROD'S new board company.

5b93b0a0c0f111e3994f0002c9df21fc_8.jpg

hope I called it in this thread, only made sense to have his own skateshop and skate his shop's skateboards.

10261029_452124044890558_1938344429_n.jpg

bffb55eec0e111e3b6f60002c9def0d6_8.jpg

Last edited:
want to see a really really good part be ruined by the choice of music? peep the new Walker Ryan part.

they bombed on this song, Thrasher is really good at choosing the music but the noise in this video was so annoying 
sick.gif

but I understand why they did that.

Last edited:
First thought on hearing the sitars was Rick McCrank's part from Menikmati, but at least the sitar riff didn't keep repeating like it did for Walker Ryan's part.

I remember not being sure if I hated the song they used for McCrank's part in Yeah Right, but after watching it again, I think I dislike it. The cheesy editing to the music doesn't help either.

Remember that the music/editing for Luan Oliveira's Thrasher part was pretty bad too.

Last edited:
I knew that Walker Ryan song sounded familiar, that McCrank part is so good.

made my first gif, and what better than one of my favorite images in skateboarding. I remember seeing Mike Carroll smoke at the beginning and being the coolest thing I ever saw 
nthat.gif

Thrasher just put this up on their channel. I kind of forgot how amazing Caballero is even though I follow him on Instagram.

As if it wasn't enough to:

Invent the Caballerial
Have one of the first pro model shoes ever, and what might be the best selling pro shoe ever (Half Cab)
Be a member of several known punk bands
Be an original (and only remaining) Bones Brigade member
And a whole bunch of other stuff I have no time to list....

Caballero reinvented himself and killed it on street back when a lot of vert pros dropped out of the scene and waited for skating to get popular again. And he still skates a lot! Meanwhile, a lot of kids half his age are whining about not being motivated to produce footage, getting a lot of awful tattoos, or flooding social media with party pics and piling out. I should see if I can get a picture with him when he comes to Japan this summer.

Conversely, I watched that Shake Junt Stevie Perez video and am still wondering how he got fully on Chocolate and Lakai. And then I rewatched this.

But then again, EVERYONE is good now! The next generation of Crailtap have a tough act to follow so maybe I'll never think that they're good enough?

Last edited:
that Steve Caballero part was amazing, I watched it and got so hyped up to skate. 

I think all the trunk boys are good and deserving of a pro spot. Cory skates everything and Vincent skates with so much heart. I wish the older guys had full parts though on Pretty Sweet, aside from Guy and Marc.

Sk8Mafia just posted this 
laugh.gif

437814d0c38e11e3b49224be05967300_8.jpg

^^^ that's dope, his right arm 
nthat.gif

a cool PROD piece I've been wanting to post. I know that feel when a spot you grew up skating gets destroyed 
tired.gif

Transworld just posted this. Lee Yankou's shoe.

86289c86c41b11e3b05b24be05959cd0_8.jpg

If the prices weren't gonna be crazy, I'd definitely get them and skate them. Way better than the first ones that came out. Lance Mountain is a legend and one of the goofiest guys in skateboarding.

Video proof that he still kills it.

Lance kills it on a pogo stick as well.

Had a few pairs of his adidas pro shoe back in the day after finding them at ROSS.

I'd be curious to see what he would come up with if Nike gave him the opportunity to design a pro shoe. Then again, they don't seem to give out as many shoes for skateboarding. So far we have P-Rod, Koston, Janoski, Salazar, and BA? It's probably better than a lot of these other companies who seem to give pro shoes to a lot of guys who are less well known?

what do you guys think about the aj1 sb's they just previewed?
from what I've seen in the SBxAJ1 thread, I'm not liking the crease problems, I saw a guy here in my city with them and with the exact same ugly creasing on the left toe box. the color is amazing and will buy a pair and as well as the new Lance pair.

dope shot for a Levi's ad

Screen-Shot-2014-04-10-at-4.24.05-PM-600x396.png

Clint Walker, BS Lipslide 
sick.gif
nthat.gif

f2fcf70cc41c11e38c2a0002c9d3c792_8.jpg

wonder how one would prepare for this.

THAT BS LIP LOOKS CRAZY :x :x :pimp:

and yes i do want a pair of those white JB x nike SB's and most def use em for skating.

if only i could get a pair |I

Tempted to loosen up the trucks again after seeing this part. Koichiro Uehara rocking both trucks as loose as Daewon's front truck! Already riding Bones soft bushings so unless that gets "too easy", I'm not gonna mess with the no top bushing set up just yet.

Back
Top Bottom