THE THREAD ABOUT SKATEBOARDING.

i always loved Bams SSBSTS trick tip in CKY2k (i think it was that one). "Approach the ledge with speed, ollie, turn, slide, ride away clean" :lol:

1999 Pamphlet

Still cracks me up how big inline was back then

20200720_192205.jpg

What the sessions/costs were back then

20200720_191904.jpg

Each days agenda

20200720_191818.jpg

Some of the special activities they had set up for us

20200720_191835.jpg

Pros that camped with us (most of these 98 guys returned)

20200720_191922.jpg

Random pic I snapped of Kenny Hughes. I didn't even know he was gonna be there, but I coincidentally had a Kenny Hughes Element deck with me that he signed. I stayed in the cabin directly behind him

20200720_192321.jpg

Do any of y’all that have a backyard have quarteR pipes, banks, rails or the likes for skating at home?

If so is it better to build your own or buy them?
what are some good resources for diy or companies that sell this stuff? I think Woodward might sell some of this at home stuff

Do any of y’all that have a backyard have quarteR pipes, banks, rails or the likes for skating at home?

what are some good resources for diy or companies that sell this stuff? I think Woodward might sell some of this at home stuff
I don’t. I’ve built a box before. Wanna do it again. Just storage and transportation tough. Space.

I would think DIY videos on youtube + the cost of the lumber would be the cheapest route unless you're willing to splurge.

i wouldnt buy any of the premade stuff. Either build it yourself (with friends) or pay someone who knows what they are doing.

I been wanting a miniramp in my garage or backyard for years now. My friend was giving away his 2' and i passed on it, still regret it. I just dont have time to build it and/or skate it regularly enough though - maybe when my son is older. :lol:

I live in a small apartment in ny but the day I move into a house I always told myself I would get a mini ramp

Found this site with instructions on how to build a mini ramp and others
Mini ramp: https://www.xtremeskater.com/ramp-plans/mini-ramp/

Quarter pipe:
https://www.xtremeskater.com/ramp-plans/quarter-pipe/

Grind box:

1999 Pamphlet

Still cracks me up how big inline was back then

20200720_192205.jpg

What the sessions/costs were back then

20200720_191904.jpg

Each days agenda

20200720_191818.jpg

Some of the special activities they had set up for us

20200720_191835.jpg

Pros that camped with us (most of these 98 guys returned)

20200720_191922.jpg

Random pic I snapped of Kenny Hughes. I didn't even know he was gonna be there, but I coincidentally had a Kenny Hughes Element deck with me that he signed. I stayed in the cabin directly behind him

20200720_192321.jpg

🔥🔥
I wanted to go so bad when I was younger but my mom didn’t want me to go to a sleep over camp

What’s a good skateboard for a beginner? I only know how to Ollie

also do I wax the board if I wanna grind?

Last edited:
You could wax a curb, but its not a surf board so no wax on the deck or trucks in my book.

I’d look at a complete that’s the right width for your feet as a starter.

What’s a good skateboard for a beginner? I only know how to Ollie

also do I wax the board if I wanna grind?

You can build a custom complete or get one of those cheaper budget completes that comes with budget trucks/bearings. How much you looking to spend?

wish I could have went to woodward. im guessing grown men aren't allowed there unless u a pro skater?

Back
Top Bottom