the thread about TWOs

Maison Château Rouge x Air Jordan 2 “United Youth National”

aj2.png

I feel like they (JB) feel like they have to go "extra" on the 2. To me its a simple design and should be presented in its original form. I would like to think the Off Whites and a few of these newer pics are gonna lead to the Originals coming back. I mean my daughters favorite shoe in my collection is my 2. She 17. They have a chance. lol.

I feel like they (JB) feel like they have to go "extra" on the 2. To me its a simple design and should be presented in its original form. I would like to think the Off Whites and a few of these newer pics are gonna lead to the Originals coming back. I mean my daughters favorite shoe in my collection is my 2. She 17. They have a chance. lol.
Always

Those new black low - ruined by the elephant print
Anniversary - ruined by that random grey on the toebox
White/concord - ruined by the elephant print
Union - great colorway, dislike that patch on the tongue.

Maison Château Rouge x Air Jordan 2 “United Youth National”​

aj2.png
I'm really liking these. My main issue with 2s has always just been the boxy az toe shape and profile (which isn't how they were originally, but all the Retros have criminally done IMO), and that rubber/plastic wrap around heel counter thing. All of these newer releases seem to be fixing the shape/profile issue, and these along with the other upcoming 2s that I love (the Unions) have removed that heel counter, more akin to the Decon 2s, which I think makes them look so much better.

Always

Those new black low - ruined by the elephant print
Anniversary - ruined by that random grey on the toebox
White/concord - ruined by the elephant print
Union - great colorway, dislike that patch on the tongue.

i super like those low 2s but if the eleprint bothers why not brush it with a dye. at least it'll blend.

those chateau are dope, reminds me of n7s. i hate the idea of paying a msrp of $200 for 2s though

A quick refresher on what JB has done to the 2.
Kids today don't realize what we've been through, and why this is half the reason the 2 gets its hate.

21.jpg

2.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg
Thanks for sharing this. I’ve admittedly NEVER been into 2s (just one day want an AS CLOSE TO OG AS POSSIBLE LOOKING Chicago 2 Highs, as that’s the pair MJ won his first Dunk Contest here in Seattle), but other than the toe shape and profile (which I prefer on the OGs, and was one of the main reasons why I’ve never been into Retro 2s), I never realized some of the other glaring changes that are so obvious in side by side pics like this. Especially the side panel with lining/piping. Never realized it stops at like the second to last eyelet on the OGs (like the 11th perforated holes) but has been changed to go damn near all the way to the toe now (like the 15-16th perforated hole). That’s super glaring, and IMO look much on the OGs. The rubber/plastic heel counter thing (which I’m not a fan of either way) is bigger (and better I think) on the OGs too. And the collar being straighter on the OGs looks so much better IMO.

A quick refresher on what JB has done to the 2.
Kids today don't realize what we've been through, and why this is half the reason the 2 gets its hate.

21.jpg

2.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg
Great post comparison! It’s like whoever was in charge of the retros made them from a faded memory instead of ACTUALLY LOOKING at the 2. The retros are just an abomination. Especially the low. The low is literally another shoe with cues from the AJ II lmao

The Maisons, and both the Unions are the only 2s I’m after. Everything else is a super pass for me. I’m not sure if anyone saw the most recent Full Size Run on YouTube, but it featured Chris Gibbs, and it sounded like there might actually be differences between the leaks we’ve all seen and the FINAL Union 2s that actually release. He was understandably cryptic about them, but it just sounded like there might be some finishing touches that aren’t quite complete. I imagine it’d be minor, but who knows. Either way, I’m still in on them.

Back
Top Bottom