the thread about TWOs

By far my favorite 2 low.... Sleepers!!!
1000005207.jpg

I mean, they did give us a lot. But only 1 OG colorway in the entire run? They gotta know that the people that do rock with 2s wouldn’t be satisfied
I think this group is few and far in-between.

In fact, Air Jordan 2s are one of the few (if only) retro models where their retail price for GR releases actually DROPPED from $190 retail in the past ten years. I think that speaks volumes to the demand for the model.

I think this group is few and far in-between.

In fact, Air Jordan 2s are one of the few (if only) retro models where their retail price for GR releases actually DROPPED from $190 retail in the past ten years. I think that speaks volumes to the demand for the model.

I should have been more clear. When said “people that rock with 2s” I mean enthusiasts, not casuals, or cost opportunists. Clealry the broader makert isn’t head over heels for 2s But I do know that the chicagos are still going for retail in sizes~ 10.5+ 2 years after drop. Thats the enthusiast market supply meeting demand. I don’t see why that wouldn’t be the case for the other OG models which only consists of 1 other high and 2 lows.

The Market is never going to be huge on 2s. Keeping the OGs in the vault when they’ve already rolled out the new shape serves no purpose other then make enthusiasts arbitrarily wait longer. They could have atleast dropped one of the OG away models

I should have been more clear. When said “people that rock with 2s” I mean enthusiasts, not casuals, or cost opportunists. Clealry the broader makert isn’t head over heels for 2s But I do know that the chicagos are still going for retail in sizes~ 10.5+ 2 years after drop. Thats the enthusiast market supply meeting demand. I don’t see why that wouldn’t be the case for the other OG models which only consists of 1 other high and 2 lows.

The Market is never going to be huge on 2s. Keeping the OGs in the vault when they’ve already rolled out the new shape serves no purpose other then make enthusiasts arbitrarily wait longer. They could have atleast dropped one of the OG away models
Yeah I agree with this, they should have just dropped all the OG cws of the 2s and called it a day.

Instead they dropped a bunch of failed collab cws to try and move the needle on moving GR AJ2s at retail but the strategy failed and they ended up moving them all at significant discount (aside from the OG Chicago 2s). Even with the collabs, only the O-W 2s maintained any hype (for the record, I love my Rattan Union 2s and wore them extensively).

The model just doesn’t resonate with ppl on a wide level as you mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom