the thread about TWOs

i dont know if its hype or if these are really limited. But there was a bunch of dudes camped outside of modells by the barclays yesterday for guaranteed tix. Either way limited or not these are hideous. im slowly backing away from JB and going more to brons and KDs. less mainstream, better quality, and most of them dont look hastily designed

i dont know if its hype or if these are really limited. But there was a bunch of dudes camped outside of modells by the barclays yesterday for guaranteed tix. Either way limited or not these are hideous. im slowly backing away from JB and going more to brons and KDs. less mainstream, better quality, and most of them dont look hastily designed
you're kidding right? Lebrons and KDS have worse colorways than jordans across the board. They are almost always even cheesier, and they have a decent amount of hypebeast colorways too. not to mention their price is just as bad or worse

how do they not? flower prints, pink, corny *** allover flower prints and sht.... I think it's a pretty obvious statement personally

obviously it's not---I don't see a resounding number of people agreeing with you. So I'mma say....

yea, no. Def not "obvious." Now, it may be your OPINION, but very far from obvious. Extremely even. I mean if you talkin' bout STRICTLY OGs then yea..... but these new Retro + CWs can go to hell in a hand basket.

I see what you're saying but the way I see it, I prefer a ****** Jordan retro+ over a "what the kobe" mismatched ********, neon, flower print with a pink sole. That's pretty much what they come up with over there for 200 dollars 
laugh.gif

I see what you're saying but the way I see it, I prefer a ****** Jordan retro+ over a "what the kobe" mismatched ********, neon, flower print with a pink sole. That's pretty much what they come up with over there for 200 dollars :lol:

you crazy bro!!! :lol: :lol: But hey man do you... just less competition for when these WTL drop

obviously it's not---I don't see a resounding number of people agreeing with you. So I'mma say....

yea, no. Def not "obvious." Now, it may be your OPINION, but very far from obvious. Extremely even. I mean if you talkin' bout STRICTLY OGs then yea..... but these new Retro + CWs can go to hell in a hand basket.
I dunno bout all that man. I mean just this past weekend we had a new retro Jordan colorway with the Barons and they seem to have done pretty damn well for being a new colorway. Theres been plenty of new colorways for the JB retros that have been really fresh. Obviously nothin compares to the OG colorways and the Js that MJ actually hooped in tho but there is no comparing Jordans to KD's and Lebrons. IMO the KDs, Lebrons, and even the Kobe's to some extent are for Performance purposes and for the kids. And Not that some Retro Js are jus as good as the new modern basketball shoes with the new technology of today which is why u see so many NBA and NCAA players playing in Retro Js. If u wanna switch to another shoe besides JB then go with the Foamposites. Lots of new dope colorways releasing later this year. Gotta be willing to drop that $250 tho, but IMO them Foamposites are a helluva shoe and worth the extra money. Im sure ill prob get slammed for this but jus my take on the subject which i know aint worth a hill of beans.

you're kidding right? Lebrons and KDS have worse colorways than jordans across the board. They are almost always even cheesier, and they have a decent amount of hypebeast colorways too. not to mention their price is just as bad or worse

what i mean is...how many black and red sneakers can i possibly wear? atleast with kds and brons they make interesting colorways like aunt pearls, florals BHM ASG. jordans is the same thing over and its starting to get a bit stale. yea lebrons cost more than JB more, but i feel im getting a better quality sneaker at the same time. you cant even ball in a pair of retros. i been in the jordan game since 02 and to be honest not alot of about JB gets me hype. just the same OG color ways and nasty retro + colorway on different models. and a bunch of frankenstien sneakers

@ryanjumpman420 your absolutely right, the baron 1s was a dope shoe and i copped. However this year i only bought 5 pairs of jays vs god knows how many other nike shoes. another thing i dont know about where you guys but in nyc EVERYBODY and their mother wears jordans. I dont like looking like everyone else. its rare seeing someone wearing KDs or brons. And even rarer seeing them wear limited drops. so i like to stand out

And a Retro+ is a Non OG colorway that has been re retroed. Example: 2013 Laney 5s. A brand new colorway is just a "Retro" like the Baron 9s just released.

And a Retro+ is a Non OG colorway that has been re retroed. Example: 2013 Laney 5s. A brand new colorway is just a "Retro" like the Baron 9s just released.

No. A retro+ is a new or non original colorway. The baron ix would be a retro+ as well as the laney v. Neither were original releases. We are in a time now where retros of retro+ jordans are occurring however.

I dunno bout all that man. I mean just this past weekend we had a new retro Jordan colorway with the Barons and they seem to have done pretty damn well for being a new colorway. Theres been plenty of new colorways for the JB retros that have been really fresh. Obviously nothin compares to the OG colorways and the Js that MJ actually hooped in tho but there is no comparing Jordans to KD's and Lebrons. IMO the KDs, Lebrons, and even the Kobe's to some extent are for Performance purposes and for the kids. And Not that some Retro Js are jus as good as the new modern basketball shoes with the new technology of today which is why u see so many NBA and NCAA players playing in Retro Js. If u wanna switch to another shoe besides JB then go with the Foamposites. Lots of new dope colorways releasing later this year. Gotta be willing to drop that $250 tho, but IMO them Foamposites are a helluva shoe and worth the extra money. Im sure ill prob get slammed for this but jus my take on the subject which i know aint worth a hill of beans.

Barons were nice, I'll give you that.... but how much other BS have we seen this year??? And don't get me started on what they are doing to my beloved XI Lows....

retro+ CWs rarely get love from me. These 2s and the powder blue 3s were the only ones in recent memory I thought were worthy of my dollar, and the 3s I wore once and sold on ebay a few weeks back so yea.....

you right... I googled it and back in the early 00s they used the retro + thing, now everything just says retro on the box.

But you know what I mean :lol: I mean all this BS that's coming out that don't make no damn sense. Everything in my closet is a re-released retro, an OG retro, or an OG. That is, unless I bite the bullet and cop these 2s :lol:

No. A retro+ is a new or non original colorway. The baron ix would be a retro+ as well as the laney v. Neither were original releases. We are in a time now where retros of retro+ jordans are occurring however.
So ur saying a Retro+ and a Retro mean the EXACT same thing.

Barons were nice, I'll give you that.... but how much other BS have we seen this year??? And don't get me started on what they are doing to my beloved XI Lows....

retro+ CWs rarely get love from me. These 2s and the powder blue 3s were the only ones in recent memory I thought were worthy of my dollar, and the 3s I wore once and sold on ebay a few weeks back so yea.....
These 2s and them PB 3s were just retros not retro+ again, but i digress, many people hated on them PB 3s and these 2s aint gettin much love either, so everyone isnt gonna like the same shoes.

you right... I googled it and back in the early 00s they used the retro + thing, now everything just says retro on the box.
^^EXACTLY

But you know what I mean :lol: I mean all this BS that's coming out that don't make no damn sense. Everything in my closet is a re-released retro, an OG retro, or an OG. That is, unless I bite the bullet and cop these 2s :lol:
I hear ya man some of these new RETRO Js are pretty wild to me too but everybody likes different things. I for one cant stand these Infrared 2s and will be my first GR Jordan Retro ive passed on this year. I even copped the Venom 10s.

what i mean is...how many black and red sneakers can i possibly wear? atleast with kds and brons they make interesting colorways like aunt pearls, florals BHM ASG. jordans is the same thing over and its starting to get a bit stale. yea lebrons cost more than JB more, but i feel im getting a better quality sneaker at the same time. you cant even ball in a pair of retros. i been in the jordan game since 02 and to be honest not alot of about JB gets me hype. just the same OG color ways and nasty retro + colorway on different models. and a bunch of frankenstien sneakers
yes, a lot of this is true. there are more bad retro+ than good. there are a lot of Frankenstein crap shoes. the quality has gone down. but you can CERTAINLY ball In retro jordans.... frankly I laugh at people who complain like crazy and say you can't. you definitely can just as well as any 200 dollar nike. as for the black/red thing, I would rather wear a bulls cw Jordan everyday for the rest of my life than wear a flower print 200 dollar hypebeast shoe once. or some fruity pebble baby stuff. idk lebrons, kobes, and kd's and now even drose shoes seem like they have IMMATURE looking colorways almost every time. But if you want to be hip and rock the highlighter oranges and yellows on your feet in your 20s and 30s, by all means go for it. As far as I'm concerned that stuff is ok for like highschool ballers/students who are still very young and growing up but some clown in his 20s thinking he's killing it in the latest "fruity pebbels jawns" needs to wake up and realize he ain't tight
laugh.gif
. just my opinion ofc but damn every shoe does not need a theme to be nice. so many ppl out here hyping **** up that we get the "championship pack" with glow in the dark cigar and champagne shoes, fruity pebbles lebrons, flowers, ugly sweater, I mean the list goes on. I fail to see how any of that sht is cool on it's own people only get obsessed with it because it's on a limited shoe that they like. it's so random and corny imho.

Back
Top Bottom