the thread about TWOs

And lets not forget the white/infrared 6s are an OG colorway that MJ played in.

I love the white/infra 6s (glad I copped them, when I mentioned not copping white/infras, i thought "420" was talking about the infra 2s from last month), and better than the purple 2s.

But I do think the processes that led to relatively slow sales for the white/infra 6s and purple 2s was similar: Both were released on the same day as other, more heavily-hyped shoes (toro 6s, carmine 6s) and this very likely hurt first-day demand for them.

Hey u like what u like, ain't nothing wrong with that. Im just speaking for the masses and for the common JB shoe consumer.

The "masses" may not think the purple 2s are the greatest shoe, and demand seems to back you up on that, but I don't think you are correct that demand for the carmines had nothing to do with their weak first-day sales. The purples have since sold out on many online outlets such as Eastbay and there are only a few sizes left on NDC, so there was some decent demand for them once the carmine hype cleared.

Last edited:
Honestly to me i believe that light shade of infrared on the white 6s ruined it for those.

Maybe so. I didn't have a problem with it because to me, that shade was a true "infra" color and i was glad to get them.

In contrast, I had no interest in copping the Toro 6s at all. Way too garishly orange/infra for my tastes. For me, they'd only have been worth copping to re-sell, because it was clear that demand was so high that you could easily turn a nice profit on them, But I don't re-sell. :smokin

Last edited:
Aight fellas it has begun, jus talked to my guy and locked my pair of the white/red 2s down, stores must have them in already.

saw this on kixandthecity

ay dios mio 
smokin.gif

Man, i just wish the blogs would keep the "previews" of this release to a minimum.
My entire life of buying AJs, the 2s have ALWAYS sat.
Like real "sitting," not 2012-14 "sitting."

Man, i just wish the blogs would keep the "previews" of this release to a minimum.
These will vary depending on your location prob. My city, no retro Js sit. Period.

I agree..Not alot of people like the 2s compared to other models. I used to live in the hypebeast bay area (daly city) from 03 to 06 and when JB retro all those 2s mids & lows, they sat until they were on sale/clearance besides the Melo 2s selling out first day..bought the white/black/red joints and chrome 2 for 29.99...cdp 2s sat and even all those 2s JB released in 2010 around here

^ I get a clearer gauge thru online retail drops.
Regional in-store releases aren't a true litmus test.
True litmus test or not, im just saying i know that these will sell out in every retailer in my city on release day.

I agree w/ you, My city too.
I've watched spots go from secret, to full-blown lines in the last few years.
A low-key spot in 2014 is a true gem.

I agree w/ you, My city too.
I've watched spots go from secret, to full-blown lines in the last few years.
A low-key spot in 2014 is a true gem.
Yeah there arent any of those in Atlanta i can tell u that. And i always hear folks talkin bout how it was 3-4 years ago how easy it was and how everything sat for weeks and thats a nice story and all but has no bearing of how things are gonna go down in 2014 on same style shoes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom