The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

I haven’t stopped wearing mine since I got it…Talk up the SA and get yourself the NATO thrown in as well…

A2F400CC-FA3A-4B92-8013-F5F1DA157A8D.jpeg
E8A776D0-B74A-4985-8B5F-86BD9640C0F2.jpeg

It’s my first Omega. Great store experience and being a vintage and James Bond fan this just made sense. I prefer low key stuff but this has gotten quite a bit of comments from people. My wife even approves lol

It’s my first Omega. Great store experience and being a vintage and James Bond fan this just made sense. I prefer low key stuff but this has gotten quite a bit of comments from people. My wife even approves lol

Great first choice for the brand…I’ve had a ton of Omega’s over the years…Aside from my trusty Speedy Pro, which was my daily wearer for years, this is the only other piece I’ve had trouble prying off my wrist…The vintage aesthetic combined with the titanium build just makes it so easy to wear on a daily basis…The one thing that I for sure thought would eventually bug me is the bracelet…Which is why I got my SA to throw in the NATO for me…Haven’t swapped them out yet because the bracelet wears so damn well…

Quick shot from this morning while getting the kids ready for school…Excuse my pale Irish arm…

D8E311E8-AED1-4682-A2A3-CFB34F78C4BE.jpeg

Whats everyones favorite rubber band strap? Or brand for straps in general. Don’t want to buy something that will break. I’m liking leather, rubber/silicone, and nato.

Great first choice for the brand…I’ve had a ton of Omega’s over the years…Aside from my trusty Speedy Pro, which was my daily wearer for years, this is the only other piece I’ve had trouble prying off my wrist…The vintage aesthetic combined with the titanium build just makes it so easy to wear on a daily basis…The one thing that I for sure thought would eventually bug me is the bracelet…Which is why I got my SA to throw in the NATO for me…Haven’t swapped them out yet because the bracelet wears so damn well…

Quick shot from this morning while getting the kids ready for school…Excuse my pale Irish arm…

D8E311E8-AED1-4682-A2A3-CFB34F78C4BE.jpeg

The bracelet was hard to make out in pics. In person it looked amazing. It’s such a light watch. I like that it lacks the date. This really could be a great daily.

In comparison my deep sea feels like it’s 100lbs lol

Any tips on how to pierce through the snobbery at a Rolex AD? I stopped by one today to register my interest for a datejust and was told that they only work with folks with a Rolex purchase history from one of the Tourneau brands. After inquiring about how I go about building purchase history, the rep smiled and said that maybe I should look at other watch brands... The experience makes me second guess about purchasing a Rolex, but I love their models.
Assuming you're in NYC, which location was this? I'm in a similar boat as I finally want to get my sub and i've just been browsing resell price drops on chrono24 instead of dealing with an AD smh.

Assuming you're in NYC, which location was this? I'm in a similar boat as I finally want to get my sub and i've just been browsing resell price drops on chrono24 instead of dealing with an AD smh.

It was the Bucherer near Bryant Park

I'm in the same boat and have also been browsing Chrono24 to see if I can avoid an AD

The bracelet was hard to make out in pics. In person it looked amazing. It’s such a light watch. I like that it lacks the date. This really could be a great daily.

In comparison my deep sea feels like it’s 100lbs lol

I’m “on the list” for a DSSD but I’ve been having second thoughts…It’ll be a game time decision if / when I get the call…

I generally go NATO if I’m swapping off the bracelet…Crown and Buckle is my choice…Fair price (It’s a cloth strap after all) and they all have great quality…

Very solid. I’ve seen good reviews for Barton but they’re hella cheap. I thought maybe quality might be garbage, if anyone has experience with Barton?

quality straps can be had for cheap especially generic ones that isnt shaped to fill the gap of the endlinks

bartons are good value so are longislandwatch and uncleseiko, etc...

most of them arent going to break as there really isnt much force or pressure on the straps unless its getting snatched up every minute because its a rolex :lol:

if anything, the spring bars will likely break before the strap if pulled

damn

was hoping my AD called today for those but i guess i wasnt top priority as usual

damn

was hoping my AD called today for those but i guess i wasnt top priority as usual
I’m going to be honest I didn’t think they would. After my cermit they said it would be awhile before they called me for anything

I like it too, but I’m heavy on the vintage vibe right now…This feels like it came out in the 60’s and I’m here for it…
Yeah it kinda has a omega seamaster 300 feel. I usually prefer a little more text on the dial but this one is perfect to me. The DLC coated bezel is really nice as well.

Thought’s on watch winders? Are they a necessity? Due to the nature of my job I don’t get to wear my automatic that often.

Also anyone own an aquaracer?

quality straps can be had for cheap especially generic ones that isnt shaped to fill the gap of the endlinks

bartons are good value so are longislandwatch and uncleseiko, etc...

most of them arent going to break as there really isnt much force or pressure on the straps unless its getting snatched up every minute because its a rolex :lol:

if anything, the spring bars will likely break before the strap if pulled
Lol. Which one of y’all here gonna make the first unsnatchable strap? Markets open.

Word. Good to know. Barton’s alligator straps look good

Last edited:
Thought’s on watch winders? Are they a necessity? Due to the nature of my job I don’t get to wear my automatic that often.

Also anyone own an aquaracer?
Avoid unless you cant be bothered setting your watch when you come to wear it again.

Like anything a watch is a machine, like an engine, constant movement is constant wear. Move it less, less wear, less youll NEED to service it.

Sit it and set it as per need. Stretch out service intervals.

But if youre cash rich, like bling boxes and dont care, go for it. Fork out that service cash at the suggested time….for the sake of it. Why not.

Back
Top Bottom