The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

so this is omegas way of being exclusive? just release a carbon copy of their popular watches in swatch guise so people wont buy the actual omega and thus it becoming more rare in the wild?

Honestly, doing the collab with swatch is killing my desire to buy an omega

even if I’m getting a solid discount, why am I going pay at least 5 grand for something that has several iterations with swatch

like i was thinking of getting a speedmaster for my daily and my safe-ish watch for when I go to some questionable places.. but every time I turn around there is a new moon swatch

was already thinking of picking up a moon swatch and then swap out the band.. more inclined to do that rather than actually getting an omega

i am keeping an eye out for what face colors they have for the ploprof thou

It's a Blancpain collab, the tease is the fifty fathoms crown. Interested to see what it looks like, especially if they go with a Sistem 51

Got option to pick b/w Sprite(jubilee) or Batgirl

Honestly I’m torn … I want to punch my weight for a Pepsi but my guy was honest that it won’t be for awhile :lol:

Green is my favorite color but I see myself getting an OP41 green dial in the future so I have no clue what to land on now.

What would you guys go for ? And before I get hit with buy what you like, you have to understand I have a purchase history so when I get hit with opportunities I have to also make sure it’s worth it to me value wise as well for what I dropped at the boutique and access.

if you like both equally, then sprite wins just because it has a higher market value right now plus the green on the gmt only has green on the bezel while the op would have it on the dial, just two completely different look despite both having green

so there definitely room for both in your collection without being redundant

personally, i just cant wear the destro so there's no point in me even trying for it

best of luck

Yea, if it was my only/main watch I’d go with the batgirl

but depending on what you have, then sprite

also what your future plans are collection wise and what you can realistically get

Resellers about to go crazy for the initial drop cause of what happened with the moonswatch but I think they're going to find out that blancpain doesn't hit like omega.

I love the ff though so I'll try to grab one, especially if they do a bathyscaphe version.

Totally something that wasn't on my radar but sold once I seen it in person, very different from anything I own and maybe will hold me over until I get my hands on a root beer. Purchased from an AD while I was out of town (no purchase history). Told us to come back the next day, something may come in so the next day we showed up and this was offered.

watch2.jpg
watch1.jpg

honestly prefer this to the moonswatch but too big at close to 43mm and 14.4mm thick

1694038125705.png

Back
Top Bottom