The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

37mm but quartz though but that also makes it quite thin

but for around $1k and probable ~30%-40% off disco in about a year from now, its not too bad

1726641737567.jpeg

1726641757838.jpeg

1726641773086.jpeg

Credit where credit is due - quartz is an easy pass for me, but I think they’re smart to omit a seconds hand so you won’t even notice the tick vs sweep.

There’s something majestic about black dial moonphases imo.

I changed from a bracelet to a NATO strap on one of my beater watches for the first time. Absolutely had me in hell. Glad a I practiced on a cheap watch. Does a spring bar tool make it a lot easier?
How did you even do it without a tool??

Crispy. How long was the wait for the call?
Hard to say, honestly. About 6.5 years ago, when they brought it back on jubilee, I walked into our local AD and requested one the day it was announced. I was in gym shorts, a t-shirt, and sneakers. I'm 99% positive the lady blew it off. About 2.5 years ago, I went to the same AD, different location, with a friend to pick up his Daytona. I talked to his rep that day and told her the story. She somehow spun that into me spending way too much on a ring for my wife that day. Didn't plan on that at all but we had a few drinks before we went and it sounded like a good way to get my name on their list for real so yolo. So 6.5 years or 2.5 years, however you want to look at it.

It's my all time favorite watch. Before I knew anything about watches, that's what a nice watch looked like to me. Didn't matter if it was a Seiko, a Tag, or a Rolex. The red/blue bezel just did it for me. My dad's mentor wore one when I was a kid and I've always remembered it bc I looked up to him bc he did so much for my dad and in turn me. I barely knew the guy but I always remembered that watch.

I think I'll still daily my JC Deep Sea bc I'm used to it but this piece will always be special to me.

yes, finally, a smaller reverso... might be a bit late as they have raised their prices to an insane amount but if they release a duoface in that size, i might finally add a JLC to the watch box

this monoface at $8900 though...

yes, finally, a smaller reverso... might be a bit late as they have raised their prices to an insane amount but if they release a duoface in that size, i might finally add a JLC to the watch box

this monoface at $8900 though...

About time. I found I didn’t like how the large reversos wear at all.

These monoface are prime for some graduation/other major life event gifts, where you can engrave a full message on the reverse side. (For the wealthy at least - nearly $9k retail is a farce).

Back
Top Bottom