The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez on Netflix

Yup same . By episode 3 I was wiping my eyes. True crime is my go to genre and this is easily one of the saddest I’ve seen .

they don’t hold back, they show EVERYTHING, it was hard to look at.
Everybody failed this kid man.

man its so ****ed up how the system failed gabriel.

the sad part about this is, this is only 1 of how many cases going on this very second like gabriel

Just finished this those parents were pure evil!
Damn those parents were eating good in prison cuz they got fat!!!

Work for DPSS out here in LA County. I can see how workers might not give their all to the cases they are assigned to. Poor kid.

Incredibly difficult to watch. True crime junkie and this one crushed me I had to pause several times bc it was too much.

A few episodes in. The part with the teacher not knowing what to do and Gabriel making his mom the mother's day card was heartbreaking. Despite going through what he had already endured, kid just wanted to have a normal mother-son relationship.

Glad I got out of social services work.

RIP to Gabriel. Hope there's something better on the other side.

Soooo many people failed this dude. California failed him.

If you really examine it, the common denominator was the his moms box. Dude was whipped and would have done anything she said.

The real angels are the teacher and the security guard.

Mom needs the needle.

Found it quite interesting that the one veteran social work woman claimed the four social workers were being scapegoated; yet in the very same breath she chastised the teacher, saying if I was her "Gabriel would have never left my classroom and went home."

You can't have it both ways. The teacher did her job and followed chain of command. She reported the abuse and there's recorded proof. The social workers DID NOT do their job in that same structure of chain of command, but some how the blame is unfair. What?!

Back
Top Bottom