The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Australia has potential.

They're fast with the counter, good passes and build up play. But it seems they goof up with communication. Specially their defense and their wingers, but they can do some serious damage if they had a better system set in place.

Always wondered who would suck more if they played each other. The US or Australia :rofl:

Really? The US is one of the worst "big name" teams but is much better than any country in that region and most countries in general. USNT haters are too much :x

Last edited:
I would say start him.

If you put in De Gea, say goodnight to Casillas' little confidence that he still has.

I see where your coming from, and I'd probably keep Casillas in as well, but as you mention with the shortage of time, a loss next game, and Spain is effectively out of the tournament.

And if Casillas confidence is so fickle as to break if benched after a game like this, why even bring De Gea or Reina to the tournament. It's pampering. I'd understand it more if De Gea was not as quality a player he is, but the matter of the fact is Spain can field two excellent WC squads with the group they brought to Brazil, no one should get special treatment.

I think the decision is not so clear cut and am curious to see where Del Bosque chooses to go with this.

This dude i play soccer with told me having a great first touch is something you have to be born with..he also said so many top flight players first touch is still bad no matter how much they work on it.

Random thought

i'm just trying to give Australia the benefit of the doubt with this performance they're having.

They're playing kinda bad, but its not completely terrible, they managed to score a goal.

Chile is playing better.

I'm just hoping Australia can get a tie haha

Last edited:
Sit down. You said "The US is one of the worst "big name" teams but is much better than any country in that region and most countries in general"

Most countries are dirt poor. Football is not a priority. With all the resources that the US has at its disposal including money and talented players that don't get called up because of politics, it has a piss poor team.
Yeah OK. Please tell me which one of these teams in the AFC is better than the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_Football_Confederation

The only decent teams are Japan and SK. The rest are TRASH, so I don't know why you're acting like I'm making some kind of outlandish non-obvious statement

Sit down. You said "The US is one of the worst "big name" teams but is much better than any country in that region and most countries in general"

Most countries are dirt poor. Football is not a priority. With all the resources that the US has at its disposal including money and talented players that don't get called up because of politics, it has a piss poor team.

What? So you're agreeing with me but you're telling me to "sit down"? Either you're illiterate or a troll, or both

Last edited:
:rofl: told you so it must be true LMFAO

Having a good first touch can be taught and it's what you do with the ball after the first touch that can't be taught. You either have it or you don't
This dude i play soccer with told me having a great first touch is something you have to be born with..he also said so many top flight players first touch is still bad no matter how much they work on it.

Random thought

Last edited:
Didn't say anything about believing it. Just posted what he said.

Your trolling sucks man. Go post elsewhere

Last edited:
You can't compare the US with countries that don't make soccer a priority or have the resources like New Guniea or some crap team in Oceania. When you start comparing the US to other developed countries then we can talk,
What? So you're agreeing with me but you're telling me to "sit down"? Either you're illiterate or a troll, or both

thought this Chile Australia match would be the least interesting of the games today but its been fun to watch..pretty competitive match so far, game is so open

#7 for Australia been leaving these Chilean defenders in his wake all game long..probably not saying much cause they seem to have zero desire to play defense..but still dude looks like a player

So at the end of that explanation, the US is one of the better teams if you include everyone. I'll take that.

roll.gif
told you so it must be true LMFAO

Having a good first touch can be taught and it's what you do with the ball after the first touch that can't be taught. You either have it or you don't
laugh.gif

Chile can score all day but they're not very good defensively which will make one get the false impression that Australia is playing well.

Why oh why couldn't the oompa loompas stay in the WC thread...

You can't compare the US with countries that don't make soccer a priority or have the resources like New Guniea or some crap team in Oceania. When you start comparing the US to other developed countries then we can talk,

OK, then you're clearly illiterate, because that's EXACTLY what I was saying in the post you told me to go "Sit down" for

I actually want to see Australia draw or win this game. Bring Spain down to earth thinking they could skate through this group

I see where your coming from, and I'd probably keep Casillas in as well, but as you mention with the shortage of time, a loss next game, and Spain is effectively out of the tournament.

And if Casillas confidence is so fickle as to break if benched after a game like this, why even bring De Gea or Reina to the tournament. It's pampering. I'd understand it more if De Gea was not as quality a player he is, but the matter of the fact is Spain can field two excellent WC squads with the group they brought to Brazil, no one should get special treatment.

I think the decision is not so clear cut and am curious to see where Del Bosque chooses to go with this.

I want to see if del bosque has it in him to shake up the team. This is pretty the same team from 2010, might need to look at Mata, Martinez, and Koke as options right now. Thats going to ruffle some feathers in the locker room, but some of those looked real old and burned out today.

Back
Top Bottom