The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

OH ****! That's the Depay we know! That's the **** we want in our future! **** yeah! Lets ******* gooooooo :smokin :smokin :smokin

memphis
nthat.gif

No way he can stop that. It was bending wide and moving in the air. Helluva strike lucky or not.

Last edited:
Oh boy that was a stressful game. Props to Australia for their showing. RvP and Depay coming through in the 2nd half to all but lock up the group :pimp:

Updates on Ronny?
no cement updates on him, just some hearsay 

[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Portuguese doctor tells Cristiano Ronaldo playing with knee injury could be career-threatening[/h1]
Kyle Bonn

Jun 18, 2014, 12:26 PM EDT

5  Comments

ronaldo1-e1403108208854.jpg
AP
Cristiano Ronaldo‘s doctor is reportedly pleading with his patient not to play in the World Cup.

For the players, the injury must be serious to keep them from playing in the world’s biggest event.  But according to the doctor, it is.

With MRI’s showing serious pressure on the patellar tendon in his left knee, experienced Portuguese surgeon Jose Carlos Noronha  has warned Ronaldo that playing on it could risk tearing the tendon beyond repair.

Dr. Noronha, known for performing top-level ACL repairs and other knee operations for soccer players, believes Ronaldo needs two months off from the game immediately if he wishes to fully repair the injury to his knee.

According to quotes in El Confidential, the doctor told Ronaldo, “let your knee rest, or your future is in danger” to which Ronaldo replied, “I’m the one that says whether I’m playing or not.”

Ronaldo left training early yesterday with his injured knee wrapped in ice, just as he did in the build-up to Portugal’s 4-0 defeat to Germany, in which Ronaldo looked less than healthy.

It remains to be seen whether he’ll start against the United States. If Portugal loses that match, they are eliminated from knockout-round contention.
http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/...with-knee-injury-could-be-career-threatening/

The pressure from an entire country rests on Ronaldo.  I feel for him, but please stop playing if it means your knee will never fully recover.  United States Bias aside, he is one of the greatest athletes i have ever seen play.  I would hate for this world cup (that they don't stand much chance of winning now) to be his undoing. 

I just read that Ronald is walking around with icepacks on his knee in front of media. Saying it wasn't told to the team prior to the WC starting

Back
Top Bottom