The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

so your telling me during the season she follows the sport? I've never once heard about rihanna supporting any club

Wasn't making fun of him. Just saying if he loved his country so much he wouldn't have done what he did to give Columbia the second goal
I never understood why athletes or anyone in general get made fun of for crying during National Anthems.

Last edited:
ill digress though.. don't want this turning into a "defend rihanna thread"

anyway thought gerrard and henderson were very poor today.. so was the defense.. typical England i suppose

I don't do Twitter but she's been Tweeting about the WC from jump... She Tweets during the season too...

Where you been?

I was waiting for a [COLOR=#red]WAZZA!!!!!! [/COLOR]post from you earlier. :lol:

I'm really trying to focus on the games.. especially the bigger ones.. i even stopped drinking so much during.. got pretty lit during the spain/holland game i had to go back the next day cuz i forgot most of it..

I feel you man

Growing up many of my coaches were Brits and they always made us play a 4-4-2

I was always a striker in my latino leagues but the brit coaches i had when I was 13 always wanted me to play middle cuz i wasnt a giant kid (im 5'11 now). They always made the tallest guy on the team the striker or sweeper.
I wanted to be the Kun Aguero but they preferred the Peter Crouches and Heskys of the world. LOL

On one of my brit coached teams I wanted to wear the #9 shirt like Batistuta and they told me in England the #9 was the worst player on the team and bad luck so they didnt order one :frown:.

Im still scarred

Last edited:
Next year, watch England slowly but increasingly be talked about as being a contender for winning Euro 2016. And when they choke there, watch them being talked about as a contender for the 2018 World Cup. And so on, and so on. For ever and ever and ever. Or until:

A giant meteorite strikes earth and wipes out man kind.

Nuclear holocaust happens.

An outbreak of a deadly incurable virus takes place and kills off humanity.

Global warming melts the polar icecaps turning the globe into a water world, not too different from the movie of the same name.

The Yellowstone mega volcano erupts, covering the earth's atmosphere with ash.

Various other global catastrophes take place, which either kill off humanity entirely or put it in a spot where surviving is the highest priority, and thereby preventing humans from organizing international football tournaments.

Next year, watch England slowly but increasingly be talked about as being a contender for winning Euro 2016. And when they choke there, watch them being talked about as a contender for the 2018 World Cup. And so on, and so on. For ever and ever and ever. Or until:

A giant meteorite strikes earth and wipes out man kind.
Nuclear holocaust happens.
An outbreak of a deadly incurable virus takes place and kills off humanity.
Global warming melts the polar icecaps turning the globe into a water world, not too different from the movie of the same name.
The Yellowstone mega volcano erupts, covering the earth's atmosphere with ash.

Various other global catastrophes take place, which either kill off humanity entirely or put it in a spot where surviving is the highest priority, and thereby preventing humans from organizing international football tournaments.

LOL

Goodnight Greece.

Captain with the double yellow...and JPN has already had 70% possession and attacking with intent...

Oh man Greece cant catch a break. Not sure if the 2nd card was worthy, but those are the risks you take when you go in for a challenge. Japan needs to capitalize before the half and carry the momentum.

Inglin... :lol:

Only watched the final 25 minutes of Japan/Greece and even that was too much. Awful.

On another note...both AS in Spain and Twellman say Kaka to Orlando City is official. He'll be loaned to Sao Paulo until next year.

Last edited:
Carlos is deafblind, but he was hoping to experience the World Cup and support Brazil. Fortunately for him, his two friends found an incredibly creative way to let him follow the first game of the tournament.

Hélio Fonseca de Araujo posted a thorough video of the process to help Carlos "watch" Brazil-Croatia last week. Hélio and Regiane Pereira fashioned a small pitch with bumpy line markings and two goals for Carlos to feel. During the match, Hélio led Carlos's hands and used signs while Regiane drew out other information on Carlos's back. It's a truly impressive process.

Since the internet's too impatient to watch a long video, here are the notable parts to jump to:

1:30 - The construction of the miniature pitch.

3:30 - The little goals are added.

4:09 - Hélio and Regiane describe the World Cup's opening ceremony.

5:56 - A closeup of some of the signs Regiane draws out on Carlos's back.

6:11 - Brazil's national anthem is played; Hélio performs the lyrics for Carlos.

7:18 - The match starts. Hélio guides Carlos's hands over the pitch to follow the ball, even when it goes out of bounds.

8:03 - Marcelo's Own Goal . Right after Hélio plays it out, Carlos is baffled. When he realizes what happens, he covers his face in shame.

9:04 - A near miss. Maybe it's just me, but Carlos's reactions are remarkably quick in response to the description of the play.

10:00 - GOOOOOOOOOOL! Regiane even blows a vuvuzela into Carlos's back.

10:41 - Another goal, another celebration.

11:24 - I can't understand sign language, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say Carlos was very happy for the opportunity to experience the World Cup.

Back
Top Bottom