The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Green's situation is different than other US born players mentioned like Jones. First & foremost, he has more talent. Enough that Pep brought him up to the first team at 18 which says something.

He'll also be learning from one of the greatest managers ever while also playing on an immensely talented team where he will learn from the best. If he's earning his stripes for Bayern & Pep, there will be no doubt he'll get to play on the NT.

Also, not sure if his ambition is to play this WC or not. That may of course change things.
It's not only Pep.With Gerland they have a great youth coach.

The black dudes I meet in college (mostly African and Caribbean) liked Arsenal and then Chelsea. I'm guessing that had to do with Drogba and Henry's influence growing up. So yea that's kind of true lol. The Arsenal dudes wear there jerseys all the time, sometimes with football shorts too on campus. Sometimes they look like total tools and I break there balls about it. Lol
full kit wanker :pimp:

Looks like Zaha won't be going out on loan this month. I was curious to see how he would perform given regular playing time
stupid question, but where do players like this get playing time if theyre not in the starting XI? Obviously Zaha is still young so I guess he's been playing in the U21 Premiership. How about Anderson? Isn't he too old?

If he was smart, he would play for USA. USA is starved for a superstar player in europe. Imagine if he becomes a world class player. Instantly becomes an elite name over here
yup

Green's situation is different than other US born players mentioned like Jones. First & foremost, he has more talent. Enough that Pep brought him up to the first team at 18 which says something.
Agreed

thats basically what I was trying to say 
tired.gif

@samuelj29060 Inter clearing their squad; Ranocchia in talks with Dortmund, Pereira joining São Paolo: http://bit.ly/1gX5EdA
@ArsenalMail Arsenal set to replace Liam Brady as head of youth academy with Dutch boss Andries Jonker http://dailym.ai/1jaSpal
- @AFCAcademy Andries Jonker as Brady replacement makes sense, with Arsenal moving towards the whole German thing. DB10 was never going to happen. Ever. Jonker is worrying, yes he’s worked at Bayern, Barca, Wolfsburg and Holland National team. Succesful? No. Domestically He’s seen as a joke. Arsenal don’t pursue to try and get who they want (Dinamo’s Romeo Jozak) and only take whats available. Which they’ll regret, big time.
@Bundesliga_GOAL BREAKING: South Korean attacker Dong-Won Ji to play for @BVB from July onwards. More shortly on http://www.bundesliga.com/en/
Stoke City: Juan Agudelo expected to join FC Utrecht on loan

Shane-Long-Hull-3032174.png

Shane Long from WBA.

When he's having a good day, can really produce the goods as seen here...

Long.gif

Problem is, those days don't come often enough.

Overall a good signing for the Tigers.

big shane long fan, he belongs at a club like palace though

The problem with Palace is that their dead last.

When you look at their next fixtures, matched with their current form (1W, 1D, 4L), you can't have too much hope on them getting out of that relegation zone for a while...

BPL 18 Jan 2014
v Stoke (H)

BPL 28 Jan 2014
v Hull (H)

BPL 2 Feb 2014
v Arsenal (A)

BPL 8 Feb 2014
v West Brom (H)

BPL 12 Feb 2014
v Everton (A)

BPL 22 Feb 2014
v Man Utd (H)

Didn't get a chance to comment on A.Madrid-Barca from last week: it was an entertaining draw, more or less an even contest on basis of play, but Courtois was the busier keeper. Pique was immense as he usually is in big matches.
I'm not a fan of Atleti's style, but it really is an incredible feat to be as good as they are on their budget. The way they control space and maintain organization has been matched by very few sides in recent years - Mou's first Chelsea side comes to mind. Lack of depth may cost them as the season wears on, but they're a team to watch.

Unfortunate news about Neymar being sidelined, but it could have been worse. He and Leo have yet to build an understanding with each other in attack due to all the injuries, which isn't an ideal situation before City in Feb.

Speaking of Messi, I didn't see a mention of his midweek goal:

iziw4viUAXss0.gif

In terms of quality, a career highlight goal for just about every other footballer. Beats two, nutmegs one, and past the keeper to score. Certain others would have gone to ground after the first challenge.

Sui generis.

Last edited:
Sometimes when I watch the goals Messi scores like that I say to myself "How the hell didn't a defender at least step up and deflect the ball, you know he' cutting left 705 of the time". Messi's foot becomes part of the ball, it's just so damn amazing. It's so easy to say that about the defense but the way he controls the ball just puts defenders in freeze mode.

is it ever possible we'll see a tall footballer with that kind of touch? Or is that a gift for the short man? The closest big man I could think of is Zidane but it's not even close to the way Maradona or Messi control the ball.

Last edited:
Na Zidane had a better touch than fat Ronaldo.

Speaking of Ronaldo's, did anyone just see the bullet shot he just scored from 30 yards out. Oh God :x

Eiddy, gif that!

Seeing Ronaldo and Bale 25 yards out setting up to take a free kick and not knowing whose going to blast it must be the scariest/intimidating thing in the world for a goalkeeper lol.

Beautiful goal by Bale.

Last edited:
Great composure by Modric to feed it to Benz, he's had a great half. You can also tell Modric and Bale have good chemistry. Great way to start the morning, beautiful goals by Real.

Speaking of Messi, I didn't see a mention of his midweek goal:

iziw4viUAXss0.gif

In terms of quality, a career highlight goal for just about every other footballer. Beats two, nutmegs one, and past the keeper to score. Certain others would have gone to ground after the first challenge.

Sui generis.

He only scores these kinds of goals against the crap defenses of La liga though. He's not skipping past 3/4 defenders against good CL teams or for country.

monaco are just buying players it seems, so far this window theyve bought Elderson and that tall striker from anzi traore or something like that

Back
Top Bottom