The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Becks
pimp.gif

Cool to see my favorite athlete ever owning a team here. MLS gonna be an elite league by 2025 imo.
laugh.gif
 shots fired by Orlando 

View media item 785544

Becks :pimp:

Cool to see my favorite athlete ever owning a team here. MLS gonna be an elite league by 2025 imo.
:lol:  shots fired by Orlando 

:lol:
I agree with the statement about the MLS. Also, Stan Kroenke bought 60 acres of land last week. Most reports are saying that he wants to move the Rams back to LA but some are saying that he wants a LA Gunners team. The former is most likely, the MLS already has three new teams. Idk if they would be looking to add more. It would certainly make things interesting

I think it will take longer then 2025 to be elite. I am assuming we consider D-1 in france, England, Italy, Germany, and spain as elite leagues? But maybe by 2025 we will be in the conversation with some of the second tiers.

It just doesn't seem like the quality of play has gone up fast. And if we don't get some quality talent, the play won't get that much better. I think we are moving in the right direction.

Last edited:
What happened with the New York Cosmos joining the league? Is that not happening now?

La Pulga had a nice nutmeg on a defender yesterday but the gif I wanted to use was too big a file...

Last edited:
This video was presented to the FA on Monday to prevent the name change of Hull City to Hull Tigers...

I've been wondering. Is a player allowed to wear a shooting sleeve (think LeBron, Carmelo) during a match? If so, I would definitely wear one if I were playing.

I think it will take longer then 2025 to be elite. I am assuming we consider D-1 in france, England, Italy, Germany, and spain as elite leagues? But maybe by 2025 we will be in the conversation with some of the second tiers.

It just doesn't seem like the quality of play has gone up fast. And if we don't get some quality talent, the play won't get that much better. I think we are moving in the right direction.

Its gonna take longer than 10 years i think.. the english, french, german, etc leagues have all been around for 100+ years.. it takes time

Its gonna take longer than 10 years i think.. the english, french, german, etc leagues have all been around for 100+ years.. it takes time

100% agreed, and one could argue that those leagues that you just mentioned are only getting bigger every year.

I don't see MLS being elite any time soon. I made a point to watch a more MLS this past year. It's still behind Liga MX by a wide margin.

MLS teams (as a whole) badly lose form on the pitch & compared to Euro leagues or Liga MX, it honestly looks like kids running around chasing after the ball at times. A lot of players lack great dribbling skills & the kind of first touch you see in the better leagues.

The big thing lacking in MLS is creative players, specifically midfielders that came control the game either defensively or in an attacking sense. MFers in the MLS as glorified forwards or centre backs/full backs.

It says something about MLS if they hail Omar Gonzalez as one it it's best young stars. He's above average at times (I stress at times) in MLS play but his inabilities really come to light in international play. He's a "worser" version of Pique if that's possible.

His play against Korea not too long ago was a prime example. Defensively he was ok, but his link up with the midfield was consistently bad the whole game.

He made terrible/careless decisions with the ball in his attempts to pass it to the MFers which led the Koreans to counter very quickly, they just couldn't convert into goals.

That's not going to fly in the US's group of death. He's gonna get the US team killed with play like that...

Having said all that, this summer's WC will be a good measuring stick for US soccer & where we are. Signing Klinsmann long term & also making him technical director was a great step forward into making the US a better footballing nation...

Edit - Also, our athletic culture is vastly different than other countries. We tend to celebrate talent, physical atttributes, & ability over developing skill & helping to build intelligent athletes.

Last edited:
Today would've been Bob Marley's 69th birthday. Not sure if anyone knew this, but he was a Spurs fan because of one his favorite players was Ossie Ardiles who played for them from late 70s to the middle or late 80s... His 1978 Kaya tour schedule was designed so Bob could make it to the WC in Argentina... Happy Birthday....

View media item 787289

"Football is a part of I. When I play the world wakes up around me" - Bob Marley

Last edited:
The MLS on the whole does not have an identifiable "style" of football. It's like the players and coaches sit around the TV and study La Liga, Seria A, Bundesliga and above all the EPL and try to incorporate bits and pieces of those specific styles into the american melting pot, and always end up with Sloppy Joe's on the pitch.

The MLS on the whole does not have an identifiable "style" of football. It's like the players and coaches sit around the TV and study La Liga, Seria A, Bundesliga and above all the EPL and try to incorporate bits and pieces of those specific styles into the american melting pot, and always end up with Sloppy Joe's on the pitch.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I don't think the Miami franchise will work. I've said this before. It's a stupid idea by Becks. Maybe he just wants to live in South Beach, idk.

Orlando will be good tho.

word aside from the heat (which weren't successful until recently) the miami franchises never seem to capitalize on the local population

I don't think the Miami franchise will work. I've said this before. It's a stupid idea by Becks. Maybe he just wants to live in South Beach, idk.

Orlando will be good tho.
MLS gonna give Orlando one eventually anyway...they just doing this to see if it works in the Miami market and im sure Becks just there cuz its Miami, he wouldnt be involved if the new team was gonna be in Wichita or something :lol:

Back
Top Bottom