The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

@BBCSporf

BiXamHSCAAAeFHF.jpg:large

Last edited:
#DareToZlatan indeed... :smokin

My son made the honor roll last term (all As & 1 B) so I got him a PSG Ibra shirt. Had to order from their site since no one seemed to carry kids sizes. Should be coming in this week. He's been using the team on FIFA 14 & loves Ibra now so now his 2 favorite teams are Real Madrid & PSG. He doesn't know he's getting the shirt. Can't wait to see his face.

New Nike ads that just hit "the internets".

Last edited:
Reports stating Thibaut Courtois has agreed to run out his current contract (expires June 2016) & then join Real Madrid...

http://www.insidespanishfootball.co...made-a-verbal-commitment-to-join-real-madrid/

A pre-agreement to join a club when you have 2 years remaining on your current contract? Seems legit. :lol:

Don't be so gullible. If this WERE true, he'd be informing Chelsea...not Atletico. And it'd also be illegal since you can't do pre-agreements if you have more than 6 months remaining on your current contract.

anyone knwo where to get a dare to zlatan tshirt or if it will eventually be avaialble in the states? ebay has them but asking for an arm and a leg and its available on nike.com, the european portals.

anyone knwo where to get a dare to zlatan tshirt or if it will eventually be avaialble in the states? ebay has them but asking for an arm and a leg and its available on nike.com, the european portals.

It's a new campaign so it may still come to the US. If you have Twitter, have you tried tweeting Nike? You could also try calling customer service to see if the tees will be released stateside.

Interesting read from Barcelona based paper Sport's English Language sister Qatar Sport. Check out the PDF form below if interested.

http://www.gulf-times.com/PDFLinks//PDFs/2014/3/10/Sport Newspaper_2014_3_10_000000.pdf

States that Alves will go & Barca targets Napoli's Zuniga & Fiortentina's Caudrado. Also say Masch will leave & David Luiz (yuck), Hummels (Meh), & Porto's Mangala (please) will be targeted.

Also states Vidal will be targeted to strengthen the midfield. I like this aggressive play, but not sure he'll fit at Camp Nou unless the football philosophy drastically changes.

Lastly it mentions the departure of either Alexis or Pedro & the likes of Thomas Muller, Aguero, or RVP (yuck) would be targeted...

Last edited:
Regarding the Malaysian Airlines crash...

The two suspects who boarded the flight on missing passports have been identified by officials and are said to be of “non-Asian” appearance. Malaysia’s civil aviation chief Azharuddin Abdul Rahman said that CCTV images of the passengers boarding the flight showed that that one, or both, of the men resembled the black Italian footballer Mario Balotelli. Meanwhile, a Thai travel agent who booked them on to the plane told the FT that the tickets were arranged with an “Iranian contact” on behalf of clients looking for cheap tickets to Europe.

Random...

Looks like Ter Stegen will leave in the summer and Yann Sommer will replace him.

Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness admits €18.5m tax fraud in court
• Hoeness admits to evading tax on an extra €15m
• Former West Germany star faces up to 10 years in jail
Share 63

inShare
Email
AFP
The Guardian, Monday 10 March 2014 11.26 EDT
Uli Hoeness
Uli Hoeness, president of Bayern Munich, admitted €18.5m of tax fraud, even though he was only accused of €3.5m. Photograph: Philipp Guelland/AFP/Getty Images
The Bayern Munich president, Uli Hoeness, told a tax trial that he hid millions of euros more than authorities thought but denied being a "social parasite".

His defence lawyer Hanns Feigen said that Hoeness cheated the taxman out of €18.5m (£15.4m) – €15m more than the €3.5m listed by the prosecution.

Vowing he wants to come clean on his fiscal wrong-doing, Hoeness told the Munich court that he stashed away the money in a secret Swiss bank account during years of obsessive stock "gambling".

"I am glad that everything is now transparent and on the table," the 62-year-old, who now faces a possible jail term, said on the first day of his trial.

"I deeply regret my misbehaviour. I will do everything to ensure that this distressing chapter closes."

"I have evaded taxes," a rueful Hoeness told the packed court. "I am aware that turning myself in to the authorities does not change that. I was hoping to escape criminal charges with a voluntary disclosure."

Prosecutors argue that his self-reporting of a Zurich account in January 2013 contained irregularities and is invalid because authorities already had Hoeness in their sights at the time.

The former footballer, who also runs a lucrative sausage company, said that during years of stocks trading from 2003 to 2009 that amounted to virtual "gambling", he had lost sight of his gains and losses.

He has earlier told German media that he received a €10.2m loan for trading in his Swiss bank account in 2001 from the late Robert Louis-Dreyfus, then chief of the club's supplier, and major shareholder, Adidas.

He told the court that overall he had ended up in the red after his trading years. He stressed that over the years he had donated a total of €5m , telling the court that "I'm not a social parasite".

Hoeness faces a possible jail term if found guilty by the court, which has scheduled a four-day trial with a verdict expected Thursday.

The maximum punishment for major tax fraud under German law is 10 years jail, but shorter terms, which can be suspended, are more commonly handed down.

He arrived in court Monday through a back entrance and gave photographers a pained smile at the start of the trial in a courtroom packed with media and other audience members.

Public interest in the case has been intense – the 49 allocated media spots to cover the trial were filled within 27 seconds, the court said.

Hoeness has spent more than four decades with the Bayern Munich – first as player, helping win West Germany the 1974 World Cup, then as team manager and, since 2009, as club president.

Despite widespread criticism of Hoeness, his initial offer to resign from Bayern Munich last May was rejected by the supervisory board of the European champions club.

Hoeness has stayed on so far as president, amid expressions of loyalty from fans and players, and support from corporate sponsors such as Adidas, Audi, VW and Deutsche Telekom.

"I can only hope that it turns out well for him and the court shows its human side," said honorary club president Franz Beckenbauer on Sky TV on Sunday.

Honestly, I am not a mean or cold person  in any way nor do I steal candy from kids but Strootman being injured equals a win for Roma.

Back
Top Bottom