The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

why are they playing in an empty stadium? 
alien.gif

alien.gif

Monaco isn't exactly the hotbed of futbol fans. I think I saw their average home attendance was like just below or just above 5K.

Can't believe Monaco hasn't scored yet nearing the 40th min, they're playing a bottom run Ligue Un team in Toulouse....

Last edited:
alien.gif

Broham, Monaco people are chilling on yachts, lavish living, clubs and house parties in the summer, they don't care about football. They're more about the tennis and F1.

Last edited:
When you live in Monaco, where do you holiday?

Most Monaco residents don't REALLY live there. They're just domicilied there, and spend x days there and spend the rest of their time in London or Switzerland etc.

But those that do live there, London, Maldives, Cape Town, Rio etc

I'm pretty sure Monaco are playing in an empty stadium because of punishments they received from last year. They were suppose start the season with some points deducted but they got the points back on appeal.

Footballing federations penalize teams like this sometimes.

It's cool tho, you can really hear just intense the players and managers are communicating.

Last edited:
^^yeah its part of a punishment for something that happened when they were in Ligue 2 last season, I believe it was for a bunch of supporters run onto the pitch...,I'm pretty sure they struggle to sell out matches to begin with but it's not this bad :lol:

Don't know what the hell is up with Mou? He obviously does not want Mata or Luiz, yet he gets so defensive and adamant nobody is leaving.

I think if Monaco starts winning their attendance will increase. I compare them to heat fans as far as only repping the team when they're successful.

Last edited:
I like willian as a player, but his arrival means my boy Moses is on the way out. I have a soft spot for African players and I liked what I saw out of him last season. Hopefully he gets a full transfer out and gets his career going at another team. I'd hate to see him rot on the bench :smh:

I like willian as a player, but his arrival means my boy Moses is on the way out. I have a soft spot for African players and I liked what I saw out of him last season. Hopefully he gets a full transfer out and gets his career going at another team. I'd hate to see him rot on the bench :smh:
Rumor that west brom may get Moses

:lol:

The point I'm trying to make is this.

If in 2013, Ronaldo was 25, and was transferring from United to Madrid, he would have been even more expensive than £80 million, because naturally, the cost of transfers has increased.

So I'm not saying that Bale is worth more than Ronaldo. I'm saying because times have changed, Bale today costs around 80-90m, which is more than Ronaldo in 2009.

BUT in 2013 if Ronaldo was 25 in his prime and transferring from a club to Madrid, he would most likely cost 100-110m.

And then one day, someone else in 2018, will be signed for 150m etc.

That doesn't mean each player is better than the previous player, it just means they cost more do due to supply and demand and football economics.

Does this make sense to you?

Inflation shouldn't be an excuse when a player has had one good season, even with inflation Bale should cost no more than 60. Everyone is talking about image rights and kit sales, when has bale had the level of popularity to recoup his transfer fee? There is inflation and then there is stupidity, this fee falls in the latter. The last statement "Does this make sense to you?" was truly uncalled for.

"Does this make sense to you?" was simply to check if what I was saying made sense, because it was apparent from my earlier posts, folks didn't see what it is what I was trying to say, or I just explained it poorly. Ease up.

As for his popularity...

It's come off the back of his recent success...

Recently:

Premier League PFA Team of the Year: 2010–11, 2011–12, 2012–13[81]
FWA Footballer of the Year: 2012–13
PFA Players' Player of the Year: 2010–11,[55] 2012–13[81]
PFA Young Player of the Year: 2012–13[81]
UEFA Team of the Year: 2011[155]
Premier League Player of the Month: April 2010,[156] January 2012, February 2013[157]

He's had very solid individual awards, and it was clear that he was the most electrifying player to watch in the Prem last season. His popularity has grown tremendously in the past season or two.

Last edited:
:rolleyes Dimitry Rybolovlev spent spent 146 million euros on Radamel Falcao, James Rodriguez and Joao Moutinho to get a result in a nil-nil draw with Toulouse who finished 10th last year.

Bale isn't worth more than Ronaldo but that's because of today's market. If both Ronaldo and Bale were the same age and were transferred this year, Ronaldo's transfer will easily surpass Bale's.

:smh: @ Chelsea signing Willian, I really don't want to see Mata, Moses, or any other of the midfielders go. Why can't they unload Torres or Ba? And this is coming from a Torres fan :smh:. I do understand Mata is a surplus with the squad but he is class. If he does leave, hopefully Hazard gets the #10 and Chelsea doesn't sign Rooney :smh:.

alien.gif
Broham, Monaco people are chilling on yachts, lavish living, clubs and house parties in the summer, they don't care about football. They're more about the tennis and F1.
That's a good point. And the thing is, travelers tend to visit Monaco specifically to watch those events.  Not too many hardcore local footy fans there, it seems.

Anyway... movement.

It's absolutely pouring out there at Craven Cottage...

Expect the tackles to get reckless later on...

Back
Top Bottom