The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Jose sounding like a boss... Always said he could take the Dos Equis Most Interesting Man job when he retires (Jose or Pirlo)... New Chelsea home kit & vid. Not sure how Blues fans feel, but I like the new kit. The horizontal lines on the shirt are nice.

View media item 897906View media item 897907View media item 897909

Edit - One more pic. Also, the new shirt should be available for purchase starting April 30th.

View media item 897916

Last edited:
This is meant for anyone that kinda collects football shirts. Everton's website has drastically marked down their inventory.

You can get a long or shirt sleeve shirt with name set for $68.91 + $11.91 shipping to the US. Their training stuff is on sale to. You can choose the name set for someone on the squad or a custom name & number. I'm assuming they'd use official letters & numbers...

This probably means others clubs should have the stuff on their sites on sale now or soon.

View media item 897938View media item 897939

Last edited:
There are reports suggest Chelsea may need to sell certain players if Jose wishes to bring in a new striker. The Mirror suggest Jose wants to sell David Luiz. The Mirror also says The Blues would have to sell either Oscar or Hazard too. Which one would you give up?

There are reports suggest Chelsea may need to sell certain players if Jose wishes to bring in a new striker. The Mirror suggest Jose wants to sell David Luiz. The Mirror also says The Blues would have to sell either Oscar or Hazard too. Which one would you give up?

I see them selling Oscar before Hazard

I see them selling Oscar before Hazard

I see the same, even though, Oscar is well on his way to being a world class #10.

But Hazard is clutch and he's only getting better.

They aren't selling either since they got rid of Mata. Jose put his eggs in Oscars creative basket.

I like the new kit, not super dope but not hideous

Honestly, what can you do to a Chelsea jersey that's going to make it look amazing or horrible? It's always going to be, "meh, it's alright". It's not like you can't get real creative with it :lol:

No way Oscar or Hazard leave.

Last edited:
They aren't selling either since they got rid of Mata. Jose put his eggs in Oscars creative basket.

I like the new kit, not super dope but not hideous

I think he got Salah incase we sell Oscar. Do i think Salah will be as good as Ocar? Nope, but if we have to sell in order to get funds to purchase a new striker, i would sell him

:lol: @ y'all seriously debating this

Please name me one instance in history since Roman took over that Chelsea sold a player who was 1st choice for financial reasons.

Chelsea sells when they don't need/want the player anymore. That's not the case for either Hazard or Oscar or Luiz.

The Luiz rumors are funny. He's started almost every match since he's been back healthy. He can play as a defensive mid or a CB. Mourinho is all about defense he's not going to sell one of his best defenders who is versatile and plays regularly. If he was on the bench mYbe...but thats not the case.

Add that to the fact that Costa's buyout clause is only 32 million. Chelsea can easily afford that

Know problem with people discussing rumors but c'mon man use some common sense.

Last edited:

Please name me one instance in history since Roman took over that Chelsea sold a player who was 1st choice for financial reasons.

Chelsea sells when they don't need/want the player anymore. That's not the case for either Hazard or Oscar or Luiz.

The Luiz rumors are funny. He's started almost every match since he's been back healthy. He can play as a defensive mid or a CB. Mourinho is all about defense he's not going to sell one of his best defenders who is versatile and plays regularly. If he was on the bench mYbe...but thats not the case.

Its a little thing called FAIR PLAY. Mourihno stated that Chelsea will be spending according to the new FFP. So unitl Chelsea, gets a bigger stadium to help increase revenue, we will have to sell some players in order to buy. Its also another reason why Chelsea have been big on buying oung players and building the academy the last few season

Always wondered why chelsea dont have a bigger stadium. I mean even villa,sunderland and newcastle all play at bigger venues.

Its a little thing called FAIR PLAY. Mourihno stated that Chelsea will be spending according to the new FFP. So unitl Chelsea, gets a bigger stadium to help increase revenue, we will have to sell some players in order to buy. Its also another reason why Chelsea have been big on buying oung players and building the academy the last few season

:lol: it's like son didn't even bother to read the basis of the rumor. Just came in here firing from the hip talking about Chelsea's recent financial history.

Interesting to see how FFP will affect other clubs if they're for real about it.

I love when people just throw out the FFP card and have no idea what they're talking about. :lol:

On Friday, UEFA announced that seventy-six clubs are under investigation for potential financial fair play violations, and said clubs have been asked to submit additional financial information. While the list of clubs has not been made public yet, as first reported by Martyn Ziegler (and subsequently confirmed elsewhere), Chelsea is not on the list. As such, Chelsea has successfully complied with the financial fair play regulations and will not be facing any sanctions next season.

For those who have been following our FFP coverage over the past several months, the fact that Chelsea has complied with financial fair play should come as no surprise. As I wrote back in September, it is unlikely that Chelsea will ever have a problem complying with FFP. In fact, all the regulations do is cement Chelsea's place as one of the handful of clubs that are able to challenge for both domestic and European laurels year in and year out.
It is important to note that the January transfer window, and specifically the sales of Kevin de Bruyne and Juan Mata, had no bearing whatsoever on Chelsea's FFP compliance during this first monitoring period. The first monitoring period covers the 2011-12 and 2012-13 financial accounts. The January transfer activity falls under the 2013-14 accounts.

While Chelsea did lose nearly £50m during the 2012-2013 financial year, FFP accounting is much different than the accounting submitted to Companies House. There are a number of write-offs that Chelsea will be able to utilise that will reduce their losses significantly for the purposes of FFP accounting (I will likely calculate an estimate of what Chelsea's 2012-13 FFP losses will be in the coming months).

While it is mandatory for Chelsea to reduce losses in 2013-14 to ensure that it remains compliant with FFP during the second monitoring period, the club will still be allowed around £38m in total losses over the 2011-12, 2012-13, and 2013-14 books. The additional revenue stemming from the new Premier League broadcasting deal (~£25m annual increase) and the new adidas deal (£10m annual increase) will bring in an additional £35m annually. When we also take into account the increased broadcasting revenue from the club's participation in the Champions League and the club's ability to consistently increase its commercial revenue, it becomes clear that Chelsea will generate significantly more revenue in 2013-14 than it has in any previous year.

Unfortunately, there have been several inaccurate reports in the media that mistakenly assume Chelsea sold Mata and de Bruyne out of financial necessity. Of course, when one takes a look at the numbers, it becomes clear that Chelsea's finances are in order. Further, it becomes easier to understand that the decision to sell De Bruyne and Mata was more about recognising the market value of these players, selling high on players that were surplus to requirements, and earning a considerable return on its initial investment as opposed to the misguided notion that the club had to sell assets in order to avoid FFP sanctions.

Now that we know Chelsea has nothing to worry about with regards to FFP, what does this mean for the other seventy-six clubs, some of which are in direct competition with Chelsea both domestically (Manchester City) and in Europe (PSG)?

FFP is not an issue for Chelsea at all. We can easily buy players without having to sell.

anyone have word on how to buy tickets for that arsenal vs red bull game in July? Was looking online and at the moment the only way to get tickets is to buy a season ticket pass for the red bulls :stoneface:

Always wondered why chelsea dont have a bigger stadium. I mean even villa,sunderland and newcastle all play at bigger venues.

It's because they were a piece of **** club before Roman bought them and Jose came over.

They'll get a stadium within the next decade.

It's because they were a piece of **** club before Roman bought them and Jose came over.

They'll get a stadium within the next decade.

Partly true.

Main reason today, is the land issue.

They'd have to smash down quite a few buildings around them, and the value of that land is outrageous, and I believe the council wasn't hearing it.

Can someone explain or have any knowledge of "signing players before they're 18" rule that Barca has been punished with.

I thought it was legal and allowed to sign players under 18? Am I reading this wrong? Didn't they sign Messi when he was like 13.

Whats the concrete definition of the rule break?

I hope there's a vote for a new board & leadership at Barca.

With all these things occurring, I really don't trust the financial data given for the Camp Nou renovations.

Dating back to Laporta, things haven't seemed on the up & up for a while now...

Still love the club though, leadership or not...

Back
Top Bottom