The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

What's the deal with Kagawa?

The Mirror and Telegraph are reporting that Wenger are considering going at Ozil :rolleyes

Bale to Man U instead of RM? :x :nerd: I love summer transfer rumors... It will all wind down ned Sunday night... :smokin

Mata on the bench again huh? Can't argue with the way Oscar is playing but still...

Last edited:
lol there's no way a fiscally conservative and responsible club like United try to start a bidding war for Bale.

Last edited:
Honestly, I wasn't mad at the lineup. Although Schurrle playing a false 9 was odd, I wouldn't mind if he played a natural striker position for us. That being said, I really hope Mou gives Lukaku a start soon. All in all, Chelsea didn't play with much pace like they did in the first two matches of the season. Mourinho definitely took the safe route at the end of the match, which was a bit disappointing but I can understand playing for the point. I would've liked to see more effort but we've sized them up now and I'm almost certain the rematch at Stamford Bridge will be a good one.

man has anyone seen the fixtures for sunday?... so many great games.. I aint going anywhere

Sunday...

31 Aug 12:45 Man City v Hull City
31 Aug 15:00 Cardiff City v Everton
31 Aug 15:00 Newcastle v Fulham
31 Aug 15:00 Norwich v Southampton
31 Aug 15:00 West Ham v Stoke City
31 Aug 17:30 Crystal Palace v Sunderland
01 Sep 13:30 Liverpool v Man Utd
01 Sep 13:30 West Brom v Swansea
01 Sep 16:00 Arsenal v Tottenham

Interesting schedules...games could go either way....

Granada+CF+v+Real+Madrid+CF+7yGcZrgS-Brx.jpg

SMH @ that play from Cole. He tried to argue a penalty for the slide he took. Made the Barca flops/acting jobs look like hardcore legit hits.... :rolleyes :smh: He should be ashamed for taking a dive like that.

Lol, that was pretty bad, but we've seen worse.

And you're right... had he tried to stay up (or not tried to go down), he would have had a good position towards goal.  Opportunity lost. 

[SIZE=4[B]]Good Guy Papiss Cisse Invites Newcastle Fans Around For BBQ In His Back Garden[/B][/SIZE]

View media item 555532View media item 555533View media item 555534View media item 555535
Once upon a time, having just joined the club, Newcastle striker Papiss Cisse turned up unannounced at the home of a four-year old Toon fan who sent him a “Welcome to Newcastle” card upon his arrival in the North East, and it looks like the Senegalese forward is up to his old “thoroughly decent chap” tricks once again.

Over the weekend, Cisse invited a small gaggle of Newcastle fans around to his gaff in Northumberland for a BBQ in his back garden, though his guests were also given a tour of his house while the younger members of the group also played a bit of pool and FIFA 13 with their No.9 before he surprised them with personalised replica shirts and a kickabout on his lawn.

Cisse told the Chronicle:

“I’ve liked it here from day one. I feel very much at home. I like the area and the supporters and the city. For me now it is all about making them happy.

“For me, [engaging with the fans] is an obligation, a duty if you like. To me, when I pull on the shirt it is for the fans.

“When I first came here I didn’t realise so many kids and so many fans would feel the way they do about me. Now my duty is to make them happy for as long as I can do it.”

Good egg, that Papiss.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/newc...around-for-bbq-in-his-back-garden-photos.html

[SIZE=4[B]]Good Guy Papiss Cisse Invites Newcastle Fans Around For BBQ In His Back Garden[/B][/SIZE]

Once upon a time, having just joined the club, Newcastle striker Papiss Cisse turned up unannounced at the home of a four-year old Toon fan who sent him a “Welcome to Newcastle” card upon his arrival in the North East, and it looks like the Senegalese forward is up to his old “thoroughly decent chap” tricks once again.

He's got class. Hopefully he can find form and lead his club to some wins. Just not against my club. :lol:

Last edited:
WCQ? Yeah...week from Friday and two weeks from today.

Saw the England roster. I think US fans are bad when it comes to immediately wanting to call in a young player, but :lol: @ England actually calling in Barkley and Townsend off one (ONE!) decent game in the league.

On a US-related note...not a surprise, but SI reporting Landon Donovan will sign multi-year extension with LA tomorrow. Makes it almost certain now that he retires in MLS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom