The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Can't stand Neymar.

Messi :smh: :x I've never seen Ronaldo play as lazily as Messi in my life. Has Ronaldo had games where he hasn't really made an impact? Of course. But how often do you see him just walking around like a fat @#$ ? Ronaldo's pride and dedication to the sport wouldn't allow it.

All great players have bad games, but dude was showing 0 effort, like he didn't care at all about the outcome. I know Barca stans are gonna make excuses like "He's saving himself for the World Cup" or "He's saving his energy for those moments of brilliance" as if he hasn't been doing that for the past several years :smh:

This post is spot on

Can't stand Neymar.

Messi
mean.gif
sick.gif
I've never seen Ronaldo play as lazily as Messi in my life. Has Ronaldo had games where he hasn't really made an impact? Of course. But how often do you see him just walking around like a fat @#$ ? Ronaldo's pride and dedication to the sport wouldn't allow it.

All great players have bad games, but dude was showing 0 effort, like he didn't care at all about the outcome. I know Barca stans are gonna make excuses like "He's saving himself for the World Cup" or "He's saving his energy for those moments of brilliance" as if he hasn't been doing that for the past several years
mean.gif
Really was shameful what he did vs Athletico, dude showed zero effort. But to follow that up with no effort in a cup final vs your rivals..... its borderline pitiful. Dude has no excuses for what he did these past couple games

I love when sports fans jump on the losing team... Wasn't it last fall (or the fall before that) where Ronnie went on 2-3 game scoring drought? Let's not also forgot how long a drought he had for Portugal... What was that 2 years?!?!! Let me say I'm on record as not being a Ronnie hater despite being a Barca fan. Fact is even great players in any sport face stretches of bad play...

I don't think SFc is talking about "bad games" or a "bad stretch" he's talking about effort.

I'm not going to question Messi's effort, I'm going to question Tatas tactics first. Messi's given me the benefit of the doubt.

You don't think a 2 year scoring drought begs to question someone's effort at some point? We're not talking a couple of games, we're talking 2 years...

I'm not defending Messi either because these last 3 games from him have been perplexing to say the least. This campaign in general...

Last edited:
Isn't there a relatively large African and Mexican population in ATL?

Large African-American community not many latinos tho. Very little compared to most US cities.

Even with that said ATL is not a good place in general to have a soccer team. It would have been one of the last places I'd put a soccer team in. Still amazed.

Where would you have had it if it were up to you?

If you watch how these teams are playing against Messi by forcing him deep and wide then maybe the issue is Tata. It is quite possible they are trying to force the issue with Neymar in the lineup also. Again Neymar I feel is overrated. Reminds me a lot of Robinho when he moved to Europe as I had said last week

Notice how nobody is questioning the other Barca players like Iniesta and Xavi? They didnt play particularly well, but they were running around defending and trying to help their team get back in the game. Neymar has given exceptional effort these past couple days. Messi hasn't played well, but that happens to everyone. However visibly giving no effort is a completely different thing. Just standing their sulking while a dude like Iniesta is running around giving his all is shameful. 

You don't think a 2 year scoring drought begs to question someone's effort at some point? We're not talking a couple of games, we're talking 2 years...

I'm not defending Messi either because these last 3 games from him have been perplexing to say the least. This campaign in general...

I wasn't a fan of Ronaldo at all in the past despite being half Portuguese myself, but I've been watching him play for the NT for years now. He wasn't scoring because he was immature and loved shooting from midfield, even though 99% of the time the ball went into the stands. I used to be so frustrated with him not because of his lack of effort, but because he was a @#$%. He's gotten a lot better at taking smarter shots over the past couple of years :lol:

like I said, I can forgive mediocre performances, but a lack of passion and effort is embarrassing.

Last edited:
If you can show me another 21 year old playing at a top club somewhere in an attacking role similar to Neymar's and giving world class performances I will happily agree that he is overrated. The only comparable player i can think of is Goetze. And people in this same thread have been criticizing him too. They're 21...stop expecting world class performances week in and week out. Was Ronaldo that good at 21? Nope.

What other player was World Class his first year playing in Europe after a move from another continent at the age of 21? People had unrealistic expectations of him from the start.

Last edited:
LOL how is saying Messi is saving himself for the World Cup a bad thing? That is a perfect excuse. It has nothing to do with being a Barca fan (I'm not) its just obvious. This man has won everything you can possibly win in soccer multiple times.

6 La Liga titles
3 Champions league
2 Copa del Rey
Supercopa a bunch of times
2 Uefa supercups
2 Fifa club world cups
4 Ballon d'or

The dude has an Olympic gold medal for Christs sake.

All he needs and all he cares about is the World Cup in a couple months. You think hes going to want to miss that? He's just cruising man not focused on anything else. If he wins the world cup he will down as the greatest (right now its still up for debate). I'm not even a Messi fan like that just appreciate greatness. People can say its just an excuse all they want haha. I know if I'm Messi right now I'd be doing the same thing. LOL @ Copa del Rey. WOW who cares. Glad Bale got his though.

I don't doubt Neymar's talent. He's just in his little @#$@$ stage just like Ronaldo was until recently

If you can show me another 21 year old playing at a top club somewhere in an attacking role similar to Neymar's and giving world class performances I will happily agree that he is overrated. The only comparable player i can think of is Goetze. And people in this same thread have been criticizing him too. They're 21...stop expecting world class performances week in and week out. Was Ronaldo that good at 21? Nope.

What other player was World Class his first year playing in Europe after a move from another continent at the age of 21? People had unrealistic expectations of him from the stapeople used 
people used to say this same exact thing about Robinho...Where is he now? I rest my case

LOL how is saying Messi is saving himself for the World Cup a bad thing? That is a perfect excuse. It has nothing to do with being a Barca fan (I'm not) its just obvious. This man has won everything you can possibly win in soccer multiple times.

6 La Liga titles
3 Champions league
2 Copa del Rey
Supercopa a bunch of times
2 Uefa supercups
2 Fifa club world cups
4 Ballon d'or

The dude has an Olympic gold medal for Christs sake.

All he needs and all he cares about is the World Cup in a couple months. You think hes going to want to miss that? He's just cruising man not focused on anything else. If he wins the world cup he will down as the greatest (right now its still up for debate). I'm not even a Messi fan like that just appreciate greatness. People can say its just an excuse all they want haha. I know if I'm Messi right now I'd be doing the same thing. LOL @ Copa del Rey. WOW who cares. Glad Bale got his though.

So why doesn't he just sit on the bench then? What's the point of @#$#$#$ about being a starter and then putting in half @#$ performances?

Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, etc didnt take it easy before winning the WC in 2010. @#%%, Puyol would rather die than do that :lol: :pimp: All the top players in every league are still giving it their all before the WC

Last edited:
So why doesn't he just sit on the bench then? What's the point of @#$#$#$ about being a starter and then putting in half @#$ performances?
let's not forget Messi has had Ronaldinho, Deco, Iniesta, and Xavi to play with. Those guys right there are some of the top players over the last decade and all time. Ronaldo has played with some good ones Scholes, Giggs when they were towards the end of their careers but imagine if he had played with the guys Messi had. Maybe Ronnie would have scored 90-100 in a season

Messi just seems like a sulker man. Seems like he just doesnt give a **** due to lockeroom tension or whatever

I don't know.. Why don't you ask him.

IMO its like this is the regular season. You don't see Lebron going ham at the end of the season or even trying mad hard to win MVP. All he wants is that Larry O'brien. I know thats not the best way to put it but I just don't understand why people can't see this. Maybe he wants to keep his form and not get out of rhythm? I don't know why he doesn't just sit but its obvious he isn't trying and I don't blame him. All Messi is thinking about is Brazil this summer. And to be honest if you have followed his career you know he never panics or shows desperation. Thats just how he is.

I think MLS is on a mission to lose money after approving Miami and now Atlanta. No worse sports city in America than Atlanta, but not only that, to bring a soccer club to the city? Recipe for disaster

Funny names tho
laugh.gif

Isn't there a relatively large African and Mexican population in ATL?
Large African-American community not many latinos tho. Very little compared to most US cities.

Even with that said ATL is not a good place in general to have a soccer team. It would have been one of the last places I'd put a soccer team in. Still amazed.

Last edited:
Your comparison would be on point if LeBron was just jogging lightly all over the court and not making any effort to get open, which he clearly doesn't do

Taking it easy is fine if you're playing Almeria, not when you're fighting to get a single cup out of the entire year

Last edited:
Your comparison would be on point if LeBron was just jogging lightly all over the court and not making any effort to get open, which he clearly doesn't do

Taking it easy is fine if you're playing Almeria, not when you're fighting to get a single cup out of the entire year

I guess dude. I'm saying though if I'm Messi and my legacy is only missing one thing, I could care less about winning trophies that I already have (multiple times).

Where would you have had it if it were up to you?

Maybe North or South Carolina if they were targeting the south. Somewhere where there is not another 3 sport franchise that directly competes with the MLS for local attention. Somewhere where people make some good money.

Atlanta is horrible man, no one shows up to hawks games even when they're good. I just don't think its a good market for soccer. I thought Miami was bad, but Atlanta takes the cake. I bet OKC would have been better.

What other player was World Class his first year playing in Europe after a move from another continent at the age of 21? People had unrealistic expectations of him from the start.

He is 23, but Eden Hazard :smile:

He is 23, but Eden Hazard :smile:

Eden's in his 2nd year at a top club, not first. And Neymar's stats this year are actually very similar to Hazard's

Back
Top Bottom