The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Germany decided to stop ******* around against Armenia i see 
laugh.gif

Woke up and checked the updates and Reus was sent off.

I hope he's alright and its nothing serious that could potentially leave him out of the WC.

LFC to host Dortmund in August friendly
6th Jun 2014 - Latest News

20 CommentsPrintArchiveLFC To Go
Liverpool FC today confirmed a pre-season friendly fixture against German side Borussia Dortmund, to be played at Anfield on Sunday August 10.

The game will kick off at 12.15pm BST at the Reds' home ground, bringing together two sides who last met competitively 13 years ago in the Champions League.

Supporters should stay logged onto Liverpoolfc.com during the coming days and weeks for information regarding tickets for the match.

The clash with Dortmund, who finished second in the Bundesliga last season, will follow summer friendlies against Preston North End, AS Roma, Olympiacos, Manchester City and AC Milan.

Billy Hogan, chief commercial officer at LFC, commented: "It has been over a decade since Borussia Dortmund played at Anfield so we are looking forward to welcoming them back.

"This fixture promises an electric atmosphere as both teams get ready for the upcoming season and the possibility of meeting again in the Champions League."

Play Video
Reds announce Dortmund friendly
Although the storied clubs have met just six times in their history, Dortmund were notably the opponents in the Reds' first-ever European final - a 2-1 defeat in the Cup Winners' Cup showpiece of 1966.

A mutual appreciation has also arisen through the power of Liverpool anthem 'You'll Never Walk Alone', which the German outfit's fans often sing during matches and recently marked the 25th anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster with a poignant rendition.

Dortmund CEO, Hans-Joachim Watzke, said: "The match between Liverpool FC and Borussia Dortmund is the meeting of two teams that have a lot in common: a rich history, unique fans and a passionate style of football.

"We are honoured and very much looking forward to playing in this iconic stadium."

Did not know that many top names are out of the cup this year :smh:

Word, listed out you really see how much quality will be missed this WC.

That being said, I've only really gotten into football since early 2000's and never really followed multiple leagues and their best players so closely as I do now... Is it always the case around WC time that teams go into the tournament so injured or is this year unprecedentedly injury-happy.

excited to watch this Mexico v Portugal friendly.
From what I'm reading Ronaldo, Pepe, and someone else won't be playing... Kinda sucks to miss out on some Ronaldo action, but he's injured and needs recovery

edit-lol just realized this match is happening right meow.

Last edited:
Lovin the white/blue kits.

Lots of Portuguese fans making there presence known. :smokin

Coentrao playing in the midfield, Bento what are you trying to experiment with? :smh:

Last edited:
Reus isnt official yet.

Crazy tho because it looks like a typical sprain. That happens to me every few months while playing soccer and never was serious. But who knows

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom