The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

1000x.jpg
:lol:

Damn missed that City fiesta today SMH. Heard Pantilimon had a nice game and a clean sheet too. That 7-0 score line though :pimp:

Real getting heavily outplayed and Rayo just got robbed from a fantastic goal.

No stability or ball possession in that Real midfield.

The Ronaldo goal, but Sinner just posted it so it's all good.

I never knew Gareth Bale had a right foot, great cross to Benzema for the goal.

José Mourinho condemns Chelsea's 'really bad performance' at Newcastle

José Mourinho claimed to have "made 11 mistakes" when it came to team selection after Newcastle United ended his Chelsea side's nine-game unbeaten run on Saturday. The Portugeese has never won a Premier League game at St James' Park and second-half goals from Yoan Gouffran and Loïc Rémy on Tyneside ensured that this sequence continued with a 2-0 defeat.

After the match Mourinho did not hold back in criticising his side. "The result is a consequence of one team that was not there," the Chelsea manager said. "I feel I made 11 mistakes. Of course I'm exaggerating, we had some guys with normal good performances but the overall feeling is I made 11 bad choices. It was a really bad performance from us. In the first 45 minutes we played as if it was a friendly.

"Everything was lacking. We had lots of space in the first half, it was an easy half to play but we didn't play. We had the ball and space but we weren't aggressive. We lost the ball during very simple transitions and were not intense. We deserved to lose.

"We had space to play in between the lines and could have hurt our opponents but we touched the ball side to side rather than playing it forward. We were slow with no sharpness. We had a good reaction when they scored but it was too late."

Struggling to contain his anger, Mourinho was left to reflect on his struggles by the Tyne. "I've never won here in the league but it's a difficult place," he said. "The crowd is fantastic and you have to come with a certain mentality if you want to win here."

"We had a couple of good chances to equalise but Newcastle were more in the game than us, they fought more, were much more committed. They did much to win and for sure they were the best team on the pitch. I told my team at half-time that I've been in the game for many, many years and I was smelling what was happening. I didn't like my team today. I'm disappointed."

In contrast Alan Pardew was so overjoyed that he dedicated the victory to Mike Ashley. Considering Newcastle's owner has harshly banned three local newspapers that will not play well with many fans but few would begrudge the Newcastle manager's delight at his side's first home league win for two months, especially after the disappointment of last Sunday's defeat at Sunderland. "We were a bit conservative at first," acknowledged Pardew. "But we knew we could put them under pressure in the second half, we did and it worked."

When Yohan Cabaye's free-kick was headed home by Gouffran a watershed was reached. "Yohan executed it on the money and Gouff connected brilliantly," Pardew said. "I felt confident we could win from that point. We've been playing well lately but we got the break today. We've got quality and if we keep this work rate up we've got a chance of having a good season."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/02/jose-mourinho-chelsea-newcastle

Back
Top Bottom