The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I'd rather start casemiro (sp?) but that wont happen. I'm still iffy on isco. Some games he shows up and really gives the attack a boost, but others the impact his minimal.

What do you guys think of Eden Hazard remarks? Throwing shade at jose

"Chelsea aren't built to play football" Dude might get the Casillas treatment for that @#$% :lol:

Mark Clattenberg reffing the Benfica/Juve match. Rocking the John Terry haircut.
laugh.gif

He's right though. Chelsea have too many quality attacking players where goal scoring shouldn't have been a problem this season. Like Pep & any coach, Jose needs to modify his tactics & not be such a slave to his own coaching dogma.

I'd rather start casemiro (sp?) but that wont happen. I'm still iffy on isco. Some games he shows up and really gives the attack a boost, but others the impact his minimal.

What do you guys think of Eden Hazard remarks? Throwing shade at jose

"Chelsea aren't built to play football" Dude might get the Casillas treatment for that @#$% :lol:

I pray to the dear Lord he does. Then gets disgruntled, and wants to leave and just as United are about to sign him....

PSG will come and scoop him. :\

He's right though. Chelsea have too many quality attacking players where goal scoring shouldn't have been a problem this season. Like Pep & any coach, Jose needs to modify his tactics & not be such a slave to his own coaching dogma.

Man shut up. All of you.

It's just the hip thing to do now by criticizing Jose.

None of you were criticizing him for "being a slave to his own coaching dogma" or being to defensive when we beat arsenal 6-0. Or when we destroyed City at the Etihad.

Chelsea wouldn't have gotten as far as they did without his tactics. Same tactics that have led Chelsea to have the best GD in the EPL against top 4 opponents and the most points against top 4 opponents.

All this criticism is ******* clueless.

And the irony is you're criticizing him for being too inflexible in his tactics when Chelsea have won in more ways than any other EPL team this year. You want a manager who is a slave to his own coaching dogma? Try Arsene Wenger. Who gets lit up in big matches because if his egotistical desire to play "good" football no matter the opponent.

I'll take a manager who has the humility and knowledge of his team enough to know that he can't win every match with sheer attack and must play defensively when the situation calls for it.

Man shut up. All of you.

It's just the hip thing to do now by criticizing Jose.

None of you were criticizing him for "being a slave to his own coaching dogma" or being to defensive when we beat arsenal 6-0. Or when we destroyed City at the Etihad.

Chelsea wouldn't have gotten as far as they did without his tactics. Same tactics that have led Chelsea to have the best GD in the EPL against top 4 opponents and the most points against top 4 opponents.

All this criticism is ******* clueless.

And the irony is you're criticizing him for being too inflexible in his tactics when Chelsea have won in more ways than any other EPL team this year. You want a manager who is a slave to his own coaching dogma? Try Arsene Wenger. Who gets lit up in big matches because if his egotistical desire to play "good" football no matter the opponent.

I'll take a manager who has the humility and knowledge of his team enough to know that he can't win every match with sheer attack and must play defensively when the situation calls for it.

Take your own advice and shut up, because Chelsea not winning ANYTHING this year makes all of what you wrote a waste of time :lol: If you can praise Jose for thrashing top 4 teams, you should be able to criticize him for losing valuable points to no-name clubs and basically losing the title. The title was his for the taking and he @#$@$@ up. You sound like the same Arsenal fans people criticize for claiming moral victories :lol:

And I'm in no way a Mourinho hater, I think he's hilarious and entertaining.

Last edited:
La Liga showing up well! Sevilla playing well. Good to see clubs like that & Benfica make the final. Should be a great game. Benfica having a heck of a year...

Jeez, Fox's Katie Nolan is beautiful...

Last edited:
Juve just couldn't finish, man. What a manic finish for both games. This was the first time I've been able to watch almost a whole game of Pogba instead of just highlights and match recaps, and I like what I see.

Out of all the comments Hazard made, the one that stood out was him commenting on being the reason two goals were scored "often I'm asked to do it all myself, and it's not easy"

Y'all are talking nonsense. Before he draw for the Semis was even announced I was saying Atletico were the team I least wanted to face because their style is hardest for us to beat.

And :lol: at he English media protecting Mou. Same media that kills him even when he wins just because it isn't "pretty" to them? FOH

Yes Chelsea have a more expensive squad than Atletico. When has that ever mattered in sports?

If having an expensive roster was at all relevant the Yankees would win the World Series every year and the Knicks would actually make the playoffs. Cowboys have one of the most expensive rosters in the NFL, how's that working out?

So stop acting like having an expensive roster makes you a great team or the favorites or some ****

So he said at the beginning of the year he was happy...1..that was 9 damn months ago and a squad can change a lot in that time. 2...it was coach speak.

He is protected by the English media. He'll get some criticism when it's obvious to do so, but they won't really go after him because he's a quote machine and sells papers so they don't want to be shunned. It's a bit like Fergie in his day.

And LOL at you comparing American sports to European football. In the NBA/NFL/MLB there are numerous checks in place to maintain talent/competitive balance like salary caps and the arbitration clock. You're talking about a team like Atleti who cost less than Torres did by himself. That wasn't the point anyway, obviously the most talented or richest team doesn't always win - that's football. The point is that Mou could have easily bought a striker if he knew his options weren't sufficient. Or he could have not sent out Lukaku. That's on him, so to excuse his failures this season on the basis of that reasoning is ridiculous. Talent aside, his approach didn't put his team in the best position to win, anyway.

And yes, stylistically, Atleti presented Chelsea with the most problems. But that's on Mou, too. His teams struggle when they are forced to have the ball and create on their own, or have to chase the game - as Hazard commented. Just look at some of the league games this season, or better yet, look at Real Madrid against United last season. Fergie had his team sit back, and despite having some of the greatest creative players in the world, RM couldn't do much of anything. Only after Nani was shown red were they able to take advantage of the extra space.

Last edited:
I don't understand. I can probably dig up 20 articles killing Jose from British media in a 5 sec google search. He gets KILLED after every loss. When should he have been criticized when he actually wasn't? 

Hindsight is 20/20. Nobody would have predicted that all 3 of Eto'o, Torres, and BA would have struggled this year. 
 The point is that Mou could have easily bought a striker if he knew his options weren't sufficient.
So we're just going to act like Jose didn't go hard as hell to sign Rooney now? Ok then.

He knew, he made efforts. There weren't any reasonable options that were affordable, willing to sell in the summer.

And in January, Atletico weren't going to sell Costa in the middle of a title run.

So to blame Jose for the lack of striker talent is just silly. 

As far as Lukaku, he hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire the last half of the season. Go read any Everton blog and see what they're saying about Lukaku. Half of them don't even want him back next season. He has A LOT of work to do before becoming Chelsea's #1.
 His teams struggle when they are forced to have the ball and create on their own, or have to chase the game - as Hazard commented.
You mean like when we were down 3-1 against PSG and had to chase the game with a ton of possession? 

Yall gotta stop believing everything you read on the Guardian. Yes Chelsea have a well-defending, counter attacking identity. But Chelsea isn't a 1 trick pony either. We've won games this season against good teams where we played great attacking football, and had tons of possession. And we've obviously won a lot playing counter-attacking football. Jose doesn't approach every game the same way.

You dudes watched 3/4 games against Liverpool and Atletico and decided that's the way Chelsea have played in all 60 games this year. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom