The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

@RoOk Not while Zenit is throwing money at him and giving him consistent CL play. Also with Neto and Danny there Id imagine hes pretty comfortable.@Beans Good point and makes sense

Last edited:
Btw, props to Chelsea for using English players.....sike lol
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Im in the minority but I wish the World Cup reseeded for every round like the champions league. I would tank some games to avoid teams and play in the weaker bracket. Germany And Argentina could have a real easy road compared to others.
You're kidding ? What about France.Probably the easiest group.

They're too busy protesting the World Cup, I guess?

Average Brazillian can't afford a ticket I would suppose, so the foreigners should be up in there with full strength by now.

NBC news said there were 2 hour wait times just to get to a taxi or bus to depart the airport in Rio. Then you have the air port workers striking & the transportation infrastructure not even done yet...

Average Brazillian can't afford a ticket I would suppose, so the foreigners should be up in there with full strength by now.

NBC news said there were 2 hour wait times just to get to a taxi or bus to depart the airport in Rio. Then you have the air port workers striking & the transportation infrastructure not even done yet...

True, just remembered this is Sao Paolo...they have some of the worst traffic in the world. For some reason, i thought it was was Rio.

:lol: I find it comical that I'm hidin' out in this thread for the WC...

That J Lo/Pitbull song & the performance did nothing for me...

Last edited:
Kimchi Papi Kimchi Papi are you gonna be posting in the USMNT thread for games still? I don't think you actually post during games right?

I think I will avoid posting or checking in on NT during our games.... No need to be sucked into any petty back and forths :lol:

Last edited:
^ Idk JLo was looking right lol  

Let me correct myself, both ladies looked fantastic to say the least but that performance/song was boring...

Kimchi Papi Kimchi Papi are you gonna be posting in the USMNT thread for games still? I don't think you actually post during games right?

I think I will avoid posting or checking in on NT during our games.... No need to be sucked into any petty back and forths :lol:

I'll be in the USMNT thread... I post during games I couldn't for a couple of them because my son had games that day or with the Nigeria game, I had a crap ton of stuff to do around the house. I was so knee deep in getting things done I forgot to turn on the game. Thank goodness for DVR...

Last edited:
I am surprised that Chelsea FC got Cesc Fabregas. Unexpected move. What would Lampard think? :lol:

Brazil has 200 million people. They can afford tickets. It's not all favelas. There are ton of middle/upper class areas too. Don't generalize. :smh:

I've been to Brazil. My family has been there multiple times, in fact my mother is going to the final, so please stop.

The fact is, World Cup tickets are expensive for the average person of a 3rd world country. Opening match and final weren't exactly cheap in SA either, I would know :wink:

I'm not saying there isn't any wealth there, cause there is a lot, but for the average person in Brazil, WC are not exactly cheap.

Last edited:
Cesc... ugh I'm gonna be sick. I need the Cup to start already and distract me from Arsenal :smh:

In fact, just to give you an idea of the kind of costs involved....

I remember one of my WC tickets costing me (not the box, not front rows or anything, just a decent seat), approximately 10 times what a local match costed me in SA.

Hence I can say to you that to the average person of a 3rd world country, prices of these kinds of matches aren't as affordable you would think.

I have a friend from Itabuna in Bahia. He told me the same thing eiddy said, a lot of Brazilians can't afford to go to the games... He plays here in Baltimore for a pro indoor footy league (Baltimore Blast)...

still have my ticket on me from '06. Love Germany
View media item 1022674When they were going on sale, they did save a lot in preference to the host nation. But for my €120 ticket it wasn't about cost necessarily, but the process of getting it. Damn near just like getting the Jordans, the time it goes on sale, refreshing and god knows if they started using bots for WC tickets as they are doing for sneakers. And we had to go through many rounds before actually buying the tickets

Uh oh...Neymar limping in warmups...

CR7 left training early for Portugal today, too. Had ice taped on that leg.

Back
Top Bottom