The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

What does it look like?

EDIT ~ 
laugh.gif
 I mean, I know what the Bud logo looks like... just don't know how it's laid out to give it that Nascar-look.

Last edited:
OMG, I didn't know someone actually had the oompa loompa screen name. :x :lol:

I'd rep you but I hit my limit... Love that John Deere touch... Didn't even think of that... :lol:

Maybe we should add 88 Lumber on the sleeves... :tongue:

Last edited:
Hmmm, Monaco vice-president Vadim Vasilyev played down talk of Falcao & James Rodriguez leaving for Real Madrid saying no player was for sale & that he expected Falcao to stay with the club... Posturing? Putting up a front?

PSG's Marquinhos traveled with the club to Australia for pre-seasoning training with the squad but right back Gregory van der Wiel has not... FCB bound?!?!

Lukaku to Atletico Madrid?!?! That would be interesting... Wonder how Cholo would develop this kid?!? Can you imagine this big kid developing into the type of striker this team has had over the years?!!?!

:x

View media item 1059265

Last edited:
Its official, madrid signs Toni Kross. Will be made official after WC.

£20 mill is a bargain!
wooh wooh. 20 mil is a steal. for whatever reason i thought he'd just signed an extension with Bayern and we'd have to pay the full price, but he was on his last year.

now to tap into the galactico+CL winning fund and make a big signing 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
I really don't know how this Suarez thing is gonna play out at barca.

the team is built around messi, meaning it kinds demands the players to create chances for him.

I know messi ain't selfish, but Suarez kinda is.

Son will take the shot no matter what, even if one of his mates is open.

interesting signing to me.

EDIT- I thought Monaco lost interest on Valdes? this is form months ago too... seeing him failing his medical now its kinda :rolleyes

Last edited:
I really don't know how this Suarez thing is gonna play out at barca.

the team is built around messi, meaning it kinds demands the players to create chances for him.

I know messi ain't selfish, but Suarez kinda is.

Son will take the shot no matter what, even if one of his mates is open.

interesting signing to me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Isn't that what David Villa did?

Too many egos on that barca front 3 if luis comes. I cant see all 3 being down after like a year or 2 and one of the three goal scoring stats are way down.

I must be crazy but i find the united shirt dope lol. Logo or just lettering

Granted I'm still fairly new to the sport and forgive the ignorance of my post if it warrants but in that article posted above, how I read it the writer suggested the US should pay young players to train, ditch the college system and allow MLS squads to stack teams? And idk if he meant players but he also suggested teams get demoted or promoted I'm guessing on performance? Soooooo exactly how does that work & where would a team exactly get demoted or promoted to seeing that MLS is already viewed as a minor league or sorts?

Basically its saying that young talent should be nurtured regardless of economic and social background. In america, you basiaclly have to pay to play in soccer, or any sport, to get to the big leagues. Even in basketball you have to pay to get on the top teams. Once in college though you are set. Lebron went to a private high school paid for by his white adoptive parents, michael oher (movie blind side) went to a premier white private school paid for by his parents, Mark Sanchez's dad was a fire man and spent alot of his money on traveling teams and moved the family so he could be eligible to play at a top high school.
Jurgen is saying that great soccer players shouldnt have to wait to get a scholarship to a top college program...by college it is too late. Jurgen is saying we need to give out scholarship for youth players that show promise. In America if you want to be a pro soccer player you have to get on an expensive elite club (shout out to PSK). If you want to get to the NBA you have to play AA basketball (expensive). If you want to play in the MLB you have to play on an expensive traveling club. If you want to get to the NFL you have to play for a top private high school (atleast in california you do) or move to a neighborhood that has a top public school program (rich neighborhoods). I know there are scholarships out there but the real financial support doesnt come until you get to college. Klinsman wants more money for the 9-15 year olds like there is in other countries.

One of the many ways to do that is to start a relegation system in MLS. The big club or money clubs (galaxy,sounders, Ny redbulls) will still buy stars but a Rochester Rhinos or lets say a grassroots Reno, El Paso, or Boise soccer team will have a chance to ascend to MLS by being smart and signing diamonds in the rough àla Borussia Dortmund. A star 14 year old from San Jose could get sponsored by the Rochester Rhinos with the hope he will become a star and play for them. US soccer needs a monetary incentive to seek out future young stars and right now there isnt one in place. Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and Mexico have a very good system in place to do this. Cuahtemoc Blanco came from the gutter (poorest neighborhood in MX city) and was discovered and sponsored by Club America's Third team. Messi was sponsored by Rosario Centrals Second team (then barca 3 stepped in with more money) . The list of preteen stars sponsored by small teams or big club affiliates goes on and on.

Last edited:
Too many egos on that barca front 3 if luis comes. I cant see all 3 being down after like a year or 2 and one of the three goal scoring stats are way down.

I must be crazy but i find the united shirt dope lol. Logo or just lettering
I think the one at risk of becoming unsettled is Messi. He's going to have to move to the right if they stay with their current formation. I don't think Barca has the personnel to play him at the 10 (unless they get a CB and put Mascherano+Busquets in the middle,) and it would be a change of a formation that's worked for them for years.

Last edited:
I'm still wondering where Kroos will fit in at RM. Di Maria and Modric solidified their places in the starting XI, but I think you need some muscle in the midfield too, which isn't exactly Kroos' forte. 

The way it's looking though, it's going to be Di Maria, Kroos, and Modric in the middle, as I don't see Kroos moving from one team's bench to another's, and in a foreign country this time. But who knows maybe RM made up for the bargain of a transfer fee by giving him a massive wage increase he couldn't refuse even without a guaranteed starting place.

What I don't get is: why would Bayern let go of Kroos for a "bargain" of 20 million pounds? From what I've seen, he's a solid young player that could've garnered much more in the market, RM is swimming in money, Bayern's GM (or GM equivalent
laugh.gif
) must be financially savvy, etc. It just doesn't add up.

What I don't get is: why would Bayern let go of Kroos for a "bargain" of 20 million pounds? From what I've seen, he's a solid young player that could've garnered much more in the market, RM is swimming in money, Bayern's GM (or GM equivalent :lol: ) must be financially savvy, etc. It just doesn't add up.

He wants higher wages. They don't want to increase his wages. At that point, he's basically free to leave...and since Madrid came knockin, it's probably his first choice...no need to talk to others...

Last edited:
What I don't get is: why would Bayern let go of Kroos for a "bargain" of 20 million pounds? From what I've seen, he's a solid young player that could've garnered much more in the market, RM is swimming in money, Bayern's GM (or GM equivalent :lol: ) must be financially savvy, etc. It just doesn't add up.

He wants higher wages. They don't want to increase his wages. At that point, he's basically free to leave...and since Madrid came knockin, it's probably his first choice...no need to talk to others...

Word. Just let dude go to his choice. Not like they need him dudes like thiago and shaquiri on the bench waiting in the rafters

Bayern were lucky Kroos didn't just wait to leave next year without any transfer fee. That's why the fee was so low.

Going to be interesting to see him in Real. I don't know his game that much. Know he can shoot from far but is he good defensively? Also weren't United trying to pick him up? What happened to that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom