The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Maicon back at it
pimp.gif

[font=FranklinGothicFSMediumCondens, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm pretty sure anyone who pays attention to soccer could have told you this. This is what I really liked about watching the WWC, there was occasional milking but majority of the time these women would get knocked down and right back up.[/font]
[font=FranklinGothicFSMediumCondens, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]

[h1]
[h1]Men fake soccer injuries more than women: Studyhttp://www.torontosun.com/2011/07/13/men-fake-soccer-injuries-more-than-women-stud#disqus_thread/www.torontosun.com/assets/img/interface/ico-bulle.png);">http://www.torontosun.com...nterface/ico-bulle.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); text-decoration: none !important; float: left; cursor: pointer; font-weight: normal; font: normal normal normal 10px/normal FranklinGothicFSMediumCondens !important; position: absolute; right: 0px; bottom: 3px; background-position: 0px -11px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">/www.torontosun.com/assets/img/interface/ico-bulle.png);">http://www.torontosun.com...nterface/ico-bulle.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; float: left; height: 20px; line-height: 15px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-position: 100% -43px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">1[/h1]
[/h1]

SHARON LEM, QMI AGENCY

FIRST POSTED: WEDNESDAY, JULY 13, 2011 6:56:53 EDT PM
1310579233151_ORIGINAL.jpg
Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo lies on the pitch during their qualifying soccer match against Norway for the Euro 2012 at Luz stadium in Lisbon June 4, 2011. (REUTERS/Rafael Marchante)
/www.torontosun.com/assets/img/interface/bg_landing_subimage.png);">http://www.torontosun.com...g_landing_subimage.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; display: block; float: left; width: 210px; background-repeat: repeat no-repeat; ">
http://http://s7.addthis.com/static/t00/logo9x9w.gif); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; line-height: 18px; text-decoration: none !important; background-position: 0% 50%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">Share
Turns out, women just aren't as good as men at faking it.

A study on international soccer players exaggerating pain shows faking soccer injuries at the men's international level is a valid concern, while their female counterparts pretended to be hurt much less frequently.

The goal of the study was to determine the frequency of apparent injuries in women's international soccer and estimate what proportion of them were authentic.

"It is clear from this study that female players don't fake injuries at the same rate as their male counterparts," Dr. Daryl Rosenbaum, assistant professor at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Centre, said Wednesday.

Injuries are common in women's soccer and seem to be on the rise at the international level, Rosenbaum said.

The study viewed video recordings of 47 televised games from two international women's tournaments to identify situations in which a player behaved as if injured.

Injuries were considered "definite" if a player withdrew from participation within five minutes or if bleeding was visible, while the remaining injuries were considered "questionable."

A total of 270 apparent female injuries were observed at a rate of 5.74 per game, compared to men's injuries which were seen at a rate of 11.26 per game.

The proportion of apparent injuries that were classified as "definite" were nearly twice as high for women at 13.7%, compared to 7.2% for men.

"While it was difficult to know for certain if a player had a true injury or was faking or embellishing, we found that only 13.7% of apparent injuries met our definition for a "definite" injury," Rosenbaum said.

The "definite" injury rate for women was 0.78 per match compared to 4.96 for "questionable" injuries.

The study observed six apparent injuries per match in the 2007 Women's World Cup but team physicians from the tournament reported only 2.3 injuries per match, Rosenbaum said.

"Questionable" injuries are more likely to be associated with contact and referee sanctions than "definite" injuries, which may indicate the players may use these situations to try to deceive referees, he said.

The study is published in the Research in Sports Medicine journal.

[font=FranklinGothicFSMediumCondens, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm pretty sure anyone who pays attention to soccer could have told you this. This is what I really liked about watching the WWC, there was occasional milking but majority of the time these women would get knocked down and right back up.[/font]
[font=FranklinGothicFSMediumCondens, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]

[h1]
[h1]Men fake soccer injuries more than women: Studyhttp://www.torontosun.com/2011/07/13/men-fake-soccer-injuries-more-than-women-stud#disqus_thread/www.torontosun.com/assets/img/interface/ico-bulle.png);">http://www.torontosun.com...nterface/ico-bulle.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); text-decoration: none !important; float: left; cursor: pointer; font-weight: normal; font: normal normal normal 10px/normal FranklinGothicFSMediumCondens !important; position: absolute; right: 0px; bottom: 3px; background-position: 0px -11px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">/www.torontosun.com/assets/img/interface/ico-bulle.png);">http://www.torontosun.com...nterface/ico-bulle.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; float: left; height: 20px; line-height: 15px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-position: 100% -43px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">1[/h1]
[/h1]

SHARON LEM, QMI AGENCY

FIRST POSTED: WEDNESDAY, JULY 13, 2011 6:56:53 EDT PM
1310579233151_ORIGINAL.jpg
Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo lies on the pitch during their qualifying soccer match against Norway for the Euro 2012 at Luz stadium in Lisbon June 4, 2011. (REUTERS/Rafael Marchante)
/www.torontosun.com/assets/img/interface/bg_landing_subimage.png);">http://www.torontosun.com...g_landing_subimage.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; display: block; float: left; width: 210px; background-repeat: repeat no-repeat; ">
http://http://s7.addthis.com/static/t00/logo9x9w.gif); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; line-height: 18px; text-decoration: none !important; background-position: 0% 50%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">Share
Turns out, women just aren't as good as men at faking it.

A study on international soccer players exaggerating pain shows faking soccer injuries at the men's international level is a valid concern, while their female counterparts pretended to be hurt much less frequently.

The goal of the study was to determine the frequency of apparent injuries in women's international soccer and estimate what proportion of them were authentic.

"It is clear from this study that female players don't fake injuries at the same rate as their male counterparts," Dr. Daryl Rosenbaum, assistant professor at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Centre, said Wednesday.

Injuries are common in women's soccer and seem to be on the rise at the international level, Rosenbaum said.

The study viewed video recordings of 47 televised games from two international women's tournaments to identify situations in which a player behaved as if injured.

Injuries were considered "definite" if a player withdrew from participation within five minutes or if bleeding was visible, while the remaining injuries were considered "questionable."

A total of 270 apparent female injuries were observed at a rate of 5.74 per game, compared to men's injuries which were seen at a rate of 11.26 per game.

The proportion of apparent injuries that were classified as "definite" were nearly twice as high for women at 13.7%, compared to 7.2% for men.

"While it was difficult to know for certain if a player had a true injury or was faking or embellishing, we found that only 13.7% of apparent injuries met our definition for a "definite" injury," Rosenbaum said.

The "definite" injury rate for women was 0.78 per match compared to 4.96 for "questionable" injuries.

The study observed six apparent injuries per match in the 2007 Women's World Cup but team physicians from the tournament reported only 2.3 injuries per match, Rosenbaum said.

"Questionable" injuries are more likely to be associated with contact and referee sanctions than "definite" injuries, which may indicate the players may use these situations to try to deceive referees, he said.

The study is published in the Research in Sports Medicine journal.

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Men and Women, France has the nicest kit in national team soccer. The all blue and red sock combo looks so clean and classy.

118924199.jpg
118372305.jpg
at first i wouldnt have agreed with you, but man this kit has grown on me... so classy..
SinnerP wrote:
o fenomeno wrote:
i know im late but necib is sexy as hell

laugh.gif
 late. 
wink.gif

1000x.jpg

the things i would eat out of her.... well you know
wink.gif

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Men and Women, France has the nicest kit in national team soccer. The all blue and red sock combo looks so clean and classy.

118924199.jpg
118372305.jpg
at first i wouldnt have agreed with you, but man this kit has grown on me... so classy..
SinnerP wrote:
o fenomeno wrote:
i know im late but necib is sexy as hell

laugh.gif
 late. 
wink.gif

1000x.jpg

the things i would eat out of her.... well you know
wink.gif

Manchester City refused Corinthians offer of 40mil Euros for Carlos Tevez.
Apparently Man City expects around 55mil Euros.Good luck.
laugh.gif

Manchester City sold Jerome Boateng to Bayern Munich.

Nuri Sahin injured during practice, will miss next 2-3 weeks.

Manchester City refused Corinthians offer of 40mil Euros for Carlos Tevez.
Apparently Man City expects around 55mil Euros.Good luck.
laugh.gif

Manchester City sold Jerome Boateng to Bayern Munich.

Nuri Sahin injured during practice, will miss next 2-3 weeks.

If Goal.com told me the Earth was round, I wouldn't believe them.

Downing to Liverpool. They've got about a dozen MF options now, and they'll still start tired @%# Gerrard.
eyes.gif

If Goal.com told me the Earth was round, I wouldn't believe them.

Downing to Liverpool. They've got about a dozen MF options now, and they'll still start tired @%# Gerrard.
eyes.gif

SinnerP: I'm headed with my United loving co-worker, you change you mind on coming back for it?

Wenger - My team is not defensively weak
By Giuseppe Muro

Arsène Wenger insists Arsenal are not defensively weak but admits his side do need to tighten up on set-pieces this season.

A number of defenders have been linked with a move to Emirates Stadium this summer but Carl Jenkinson is the only addition to Wenger’s squad so far.

TheFrenchman believes the players he has at his disposal have enoughquality but he appreciates that improvements need to be made.

“Idon’t think we are weak defensively but we are an offensive team,

SinnerP: I'm headed with my United loving co-worker, you change you mind on coming back for it?

Wenger - My team is not defensively weak
By Giuseppe Muro

Arsène Wenger insists Arsenal are not defensively weak but admits his side do need to tighten up on set-pieces this season.

A number of defenders have been linked with a move to Emirates Stadium this summer but Carl Jenkinson is the only addition to Wenger’s squad so far.

TheFrenchman believes the players he has at his disposal have enoughquality but he appreciates that improvements need to be made.

“Idon’t think we are weak defensively but we are an offensive team,

Originally Posted by trunks206

Haha, unfortunately not.  But Chelsea, Aston Villa and the Blackburn Rovers will be in-town for the EPL Asian Trophy later this month and I might have tix for that.  
EDIT ~ For those interested, SAF, Rio and Evra will be at Seattle NikeTown on Friday... 

Originally Posted by trunks206

Haha, unfortunately not.  But Chelsea, Aston Villa and the Blackburn Rovers will be in-town for the EPL Asian Trophy later this month and I might have tix for that.  
EDIT ~ For those interested, SAF, Rio and Evra will be at Seattle NikeTown on Friday... 

Back
Top Bottom