The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

It's not looking good for us at the moment, the constant selection of Almunia is a joke. I'd rather they played the Polish guy (can't spell his name)
laugh.gif

TBF, United aren't looking great either so there may be a battle for second.

France - Romania on ESPN Deportes now.

French starting XI:
------------------- Lloris ---------------------
Reveillere-----Rami----------Mexes--------Clichy
-------------M'Vila---------Alou Diarra ---------
---Valbuena---------Nasri--------Malouda------
-------------------Benzema--------------------

France - Romania on ESPN Deportes now.

French starting XI:
------------------- Lloris ---------------------
Reveillere-----Rami----------Mexes--------Clichy
-------------M'Vila---------Alou Diarra ---------
---Valbuena---------Nasri--------Malouda------
-------------------Benzema--------------------

To the World Cup thread peeps in here: updated the blog one last time with a wrap-up post.

Thanks to everyone who read, commented, critiqued on the blog. Almost all of the traffic came from NT.
pimp.gif

To the World Cup thread peeps in here: updated the blog one last time with a wrap-up post.

Thanks to everyone who read, commented, critiqued on the blog. Almost all of the traffic came from NT.
pimp.gif

^ Good wrap up. I liked your points as to why soccer wont ever be as popular in the US as it is across the rest of the world, and sadly all I could do was agree. I feel like even if the US won the World Cup, it'd be much like a flash in the pan for popularity, a la Michael Phelps. Hell, even the hockey team came within a hair of winning the Olympic gold, and no one gives a @!@+ about hockey outside of the small population who have always cared. Soccer would suffer the result, a niche of die hard fans will forever remember and be proud, but the masses at large would continue to ignore it
30t6p3b.gif

Anyways, I hope you make another blog like that in 4 years. I'd read again.

^ Good wrap up. I liked your points as to why soccer wont ever be as popular in the US as it is across the rest of the world, and sadly all I could do was agree. I feel like even if the US won the World Cup, it'd be much like a flash in the pan for popularity, a la Michael Phelps. Hell, even the hockey team came within a hair of winning the Olympic gold, and no one gives a @!@+ about hockey outside of the small population who have always cared. Soccer would suffer the result, a niche of die hard fans will forever remember and be proud, but the masses at large would continue to ignore it
30t6p3b.gif

Anyways, I hope you make another blog like that in 4 years. I'd read again.

The leagues are back this weekend (Its been too damn long).

And to kick things off, Rooney's on the bench, with Chicharito and Berba up front! First the "ankle injury" that never was, now this? The beginning of the end?

The leagues are back this weekend (Its been too damn long).

And to kick things off, Rooney's on the bench, with Chicharito and Berba up front! First the "ankle injury" that never was, now this? The beginning of the end?

WTH 2nd half by United. Momentum's with West Brom too. Bring on Rooneh!
EDIT ~ Edwin Van Butter-fingers...
30t6p3b.gif

WTH 2nd half by United. Momentum's with West Brom too. Bring on Rooneh!
EDIT ~ Edwin Van Butter-fingers...
30t6p3b.gif

Im glad we picked up the win and the 3 points but or lack of directness has/is going to bite us in the !+* throughout the season. To much side passing hardly anything going forward, hopefully Wegner addresses it but we all know he wont.

Im glad we picked up the win and the 3 points but or lack of directness has/is going to bite us in the !+* throughout the season. To much side passing hardly anything going forward, hopefully Wegner addresses it but we all know he wont.

Originally Posted by trunks206

It's been a problem for 5+ years now. Wenger's obviously a legendary Arsenal coach but he hasnt learned to adapt or make changes to his style over the last few years. Teams like Chelsea and Man utd have won the title by playing nice footie and also grinding out a few games. With Arsenal its finesse all the time and we never play a direct style even when its absolutely necessary. And then off the pitch Wenger thinks that buying unproven players and nurturing them will lead to success in an era when clubs like Chelsea and Man City can drop millions of pounds in an instant to address immediate needs.

BTW, all the Rooney drama with Man Utd is really interesting stuff. He came off the best season of his career last year but has struggled out of the gates and now finds himself being used as a sub. Meanwhile his contract expires after next season and there is talk amongst Man Utd supporters that he may be thinking of leaving the club at the end of his deal. I dont think he'll leave but there is always the risk when you're a big player and clubs like Real Madrid are knocking on your door.

Originally Posted by trunks206

It's been a problem for 5+ years now. Wenger's obviously a legendary Arsenal coach but he hasnt learned to adapt or make changes to his style over the last few years. Teams like Chelsea and Man utd have won the title by playing nice footie and also grinding out a few games. With Arsenal its finesse all the time and we never play a direct style even when its absolutely necessary. And then off the pitch Wenger thinks that buying unproven players and nurturing them will lead to success in an era when clubs like Chelsea and Man City can drop millions of pounds in an instant to address immediate needs.

BTW, all the Rooney drama with Man Utd is really interesting stuff. He came off the best season of his career last year but has struggled out of the gates and now finds himself being used as a sub. Meanwhile his contract expires after next season and there is talk amongst Man Utd supporters that he may be thinking of leaving the club at the end of his deal. I dont think he'll leave but there is always the risk when you're a big player and clubs like Real Madrid are knocking on your door.

Valencia up 1-0 at the Nou Camp and they should've been up 2-0. Barca's defence has been crap...I dont understand why Guardiola uses this bum Maxwell. 

Valencia up 1-0 at the Nou Camp and they should've been up 2-0. Barca's defence has been crap...I dont understand why Guardiola uses this bum Maxwell. 

Back
Top Bottom