The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Having a minnow in your group maybe should be looked at as a bad thing. Both City and United had a team that got 0 poihts and because of that that the group was so tight that it came down to one result. Arsenal had what looked to be a tough group, but because it was competitive everyone dropped points to one of the other teams.

I come home to read united, who had their destiny in their own hands, lost fc BASEL
roll.gif

I know my soccer pretty well but %*@ I can't even name the country or league Basel plays in (and I don't care to look it up)
laugh.gif

I'm not a united hater but this %$!@$ too funny, u guys took the biggest L of the champions league to a spice.

Originally Posted by DLo13

Anybody watching Madrid/Ajax? Reading that Ajax had two goals disallowed on terrible calls.

Meanwhile, Lyon (who had scored 2 in the CL before today) put up 7 on Zagreb to make up a -7 GD.

Already talk of bribes over here....this was a very weird evening of football

Basel is a Swiss team and they have quality players. Alexander Frei terrorized us both games. Shaqiri diced up our "defense" this time. Poor chemistry and injuries have shaken this club for the past three months. Dropping points to Galatasaray
sick.gif
I'm not surprised we didn't make it through.

nYcHipHopHippo wrote:
I come home to read united, who had their destiny in their own hands, lost fc BASEL
roll.gif

I know my soccer pretty well but %*@ I can't even name the country or league Basel plays in (and I don't care to look it up)
laugh.gif

I'm not a united hater but this %$!@$ too funny, u guys took the biggest L of the champions league to a spice.
They are the champions of the Swiss league.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

CripwalkinK: 
I meant no hate man I'm just enjoying the day. When we lost 8-2 to those clowns everyone said we were in a "crisis" I wonder what the British press will have to say tomorrow.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 (My guess is nothing though) 

Originally Posted by trunks206

CripwalkinK: I meant no hate man I'm just enjoying the day. When we lost 8-2 to those clowns everyone said we were in a "crisis" I wonder what the British press will have to say tomorrow.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 (My guess is nothing though)
Lol, no hate at all my friend, enjoy it.
pimp.gif

For the record, ELCHAPULINCOLORADO,  I'm not a Man Utd fan lol.
[table][/table]

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Well, that happened.
roll.gif

Let's not forget Man Utd had a ton of injuries. At the end of the day though, no excuses, this was a winnable division and they blew it.

Why isn't there as much Man City slander btw?
Because people are obsessed with United and love it when they lose. It's ok though, when Arsenal fails to make it to the final, and other teams are obliterated by Real and Barca, their will be silence on here.

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

Well, that happened.
roll.gif

Let's not forget Man Utd had a ton of injuries. At the end of the day though, no excuses, this was a winnable division and they blew it.

Because people are obsessed with United and love it when they lose. It's ok though, when Arsenal fails to make it to the final, and other teams are obliterated by Real and Barca, their will be silence on here.
Not saying you said this, but many United supporters on here joked about having such an easy group to win/ let alone just advance out of. Many United fans on forums I frequent are just very arrogant, they have a certain right to be, but when anything happens against them they have some problems with it.

United fans complain about any call against them in the BPL but look at the favors the refs have been giving them at OT for the past years. *cough* Fergie *cough*

LOL at that press conference. Ferguson has long been a churlish and bitter guy. Even took shots at Roy Keane in today's post conference for (fairly) criticizing the team.
Vidic could be a massive blow considering they've been living on 1-nil victories lately. Looking more and more like City will walk the league.

Anyway, Europa actually seems like a decent competition this year. Some quality sides in there.

City
United
Ajax
Valencia
Porto
Atletico Madrid
Schalke
PSV
Udinese
Sporting

Well, that happened.
roll.gif

Nope, its because they had a super easy group and City didnt.

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

Well, that happened.
roll.gif

Not saying you said this, but many United supporters on here joked about having such an easy group to win/ let alone just advance out of. Many United fans on forums I frequent are just very arrogant, they have a certain right to be, but when anything happens against them they have some problems with it.

United fans complain about any call against them in the BPL but look at the favors the refs have been giving them at OT for the past years. *cough* Fergie *cough*
No extra "Fergie time" in Europe for United.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
 And everyone expected United to win the easiest group? Harsh, the deck was stacked against them from the get go.
laugh.gif

I'm not really a fan of any team but I did enjoy seeing United get knocked out today.

I can't even really justify it, just one of those very successful teams that I always hope to see lose.

how bad did united miss chicharito today? im certain if he was out there they wouldnt have gone out. he gets all his goals in the six yard box and united missed about three of them today in that area
laugh.gif

on another note the panther with 4 today
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

rm making lightwork of group d. callejon gets better every time i see him play.

edit. i wonder if this early exit will make united splash the cash for a creative midfielder in the next window

Back
Top Bottom