The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by beans718

Kinda od last yrs thread had like 1 city supporter.. Now we have a bunch . Hearing ally of "it was just a bs preseason game" .. Deff didn't have that feel, neither team fielded a weakened team, and everyone was playing extremely hard. Had city won, supporters would have been calling for epl trophy, but since we won , it's much easier to downplay the loss.
This is 1000000% correct

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Jozy is trash.

laugh.gif
@ "we'll be fine", I can't take any Citeh "supporter" seriously.
They will be fine. They just played an even match against the Premier League champs without their two best strikers, and lost on a fluke error. The disdain shown towards City from the supporters of historically successful English clubs is borderline pathetic. And I'm not even a City supporter ftr. 
Idk about others but I have specific reasons for my "disdain". First of all their over all obsession with Man United failing annoys me like no other. Worry about your own team before others. Second the whole "you're not from Manchester thing" pisses me off to, I support United because my Dad is from there so no I'm not a glory hunter. Third their fans are just obnoxious and cocky, yes the same can be said about United supporters but not nearly to the same degree. The money thing also pisses me off and I think our City is a Massive Club chant is 100% fitting to describe the organization as a whole. And don't get me started about the Munich Chants....

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

Originally Posted by engoi

We have always problems against Stuttgart.Having no working midfield isn't helpful too.
tired.gif
That 17 year old has so much potential, I can't stand Jermaine Jones, watching the USMNT
the guy never does anything and in this match he was very poor. Late tackles, back passes, bad
service, etc. Was awful on his loan at Blackburn, is he always this poor for Schalke?

Also since I know you follow Bundesliga, what is the likelihood that Dortmund can keep
their team together for some length of time? Dortmund look very dangerous, granted
it was against a Hamburg team full of new acquisitions.

Went to the Barca game today, was pretty dope, saw a Ronaldo Corinthians kit
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

along with a Bale Spurs kit
pimp.gif
, pretty impressive watching Barca play in person

Come on now, that must be why Steve Kean practically begged Schalke to make the move permanent. I think he also had more man of the match performances than any other Blackburn player after joining in January.

He was easily one of their best players the second half of the season and the general consensus among Blackburn supporters was that he was absolutely fantastic for them. Saying he was awful at Blackburn is downright wrong.

I can understand not liking the type of player he is but he is VERY good at what he does and for a through and through destroyer his technique and vision are superior to that of a lot of his counterparts. Jones has his faults but he is a good player and has been recognized as such everywhere he's been.

As for Schalke wanting to sell, I'd attribute that to recent history, a new manager, and his massive contract, not his quality.
Alright I was stupid by summarizing his term as awful at Blackburn, I think supporters enjoyed the fact he gives 100%.
I assume he was effective in Blackburn's system because they play a less than attractive brand of football. I feel on a true
top half side in the BPL he wouldn't sniff the starting XI

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Jozy is trash.

laugh.gif
@ "we'll be fine", I can't take any Citeh "supporter" seriously.
They will be fine. They just played an even match against the Premier League champs without their two best strikers, and lost on a fluke error. The disdain shown towards City from the supporters of historically successful English clubs is borderline pathetic. And I'm not even a City supporter ftr. 
Idk about others but I have specific reasons for my "disdain". First of all their over all obsession with Man United failing annoys me like no other. Worry about your own team before others. Second the whole "you're not from Manchester thing" pisses me off to, I support United because my Dad is from there so no I'm not a glory hunter. Third their fans are just obnoxious and cocky, yes the same can be said about United supporters but not nearly to the same degree. The money thing also pisses me off and I think our City is a Massive Club chant is 100% fitting to describe the organization as a whole. And don't get me started about the Munich Chants....
I understand what you are saying, but the whole "Are you from Manchester?" thing, as I'm sure you know, alludes to the fact that many United "supporters" are seen glory hunters from outside of Manchester. While the "United supports = glory hunters" argument is partly (maybe largely
laugh.gif
) true the fact of the matter is your club were far ahead of the curve in building a worldwide following/brand. You guys have had at least a 10 year head start on most English clubs and with these increased revenue streams you lot used the money from these sponsorship deals and global merchandise sales to helped United spend big for some time. I dont get how United supporters can be mad that City is using the blueprint for being successful in todays game now that they have an owner that is looking to level the playing field. Outside of Arsenal and Wenger's vision which may or may not work (I pray it does), the only way to successfully move up and break into the upper echelon and compete in the modern game is to spend, especially if your club lacks a rich history which could attract players. Eventually once people get used to City as a club who's owner will spend big to win, they will sadly be accepted just like Chelsea has.

Oh and I dont know if any of the Spurs fans on here actually stay in the Tottenham area of North London, but if any of ya'll do I hope you guys are safe.

Originally Posted by trunks206

Oh and I dont know if any of the Spurs fans on here actually stay in the Tottenham area of North London, but if any of ya'll do I hope you guys are safe.
Bunch of lowlifes ruining family owned shops and homes. Why the police didn't stamp this out when it started
is beyond me. Its now turned into just lowlifes just looting because they can instead of anything to do with the
original incident.

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

i thought Welbeck did well but i was particularly impressed with Cleverley and Jones after they came on...
pimp.gif
Cleverley was very good, much better than Carrick, granted it was a glorified friendly,
but the atmosphere was very intense. Thought Man Utd. really got going when Cleverley
and Anderson were in the center. Anderson impressed me for maybe the first time ever  
Cleverley gets England call

tomcleverleyengland20110611_275x155.jpg

Fabio Capello has called up Manchester United's Tom Cleverley to his England squad,after watching the midfielder impress in the Community Shield.

Full story on soccernet.comhttp://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/941272/man-united?cc=4716

pimp.gif

So Wenger is on the verge of buying another teenager?

I mean, he seems like a decent prospect, but c'mon dude. I don't even care about Arsenal and it's starting to irritate me.
laugh.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Real Madrid signs 7-year-old Leo[/h1]

Associated Press

MADRID -- Real Madrid has signed a seven-year-old football prospect from Argentina, who goes by the name Leo.

Leonel Angel Coira has signed with the Spanish club and will begin training Sept. 6, Madrid spokesman Juan Tapiador tells The Associated Press.

Argentine sports daily Ole reported last week that Coira had become the youngest player signed by Madrid but Tapiador said he is not.

Coira told Ole that his idol was Barcelona and Argentina star Lionel Messi, who also goes by the name Leo. Coira says he prefers "to provide the pass" than to score.

Ole reports Madrid, the world's biggest club, made the push to sign Coira with Spanish league rival Atletico Madrid also pursuing the youngster.

Wenger must be pissed he let him slip through

Yep.. I live in tottenham. The problem has spread to the entire london area

A legendary football club and one of the best Universities in the world, don't get what's so funny.

Anyways, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has signed officially announced on the Arsenal site.
pimp.gif

A legendary football club and one of the best Universities in the world, don't get what's so funny.

Anyways, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has signed officially announced on the Arsenal site.
pimp.gif

sickk another 17 year old
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GMA 11

Wow, right in the middle of things?  It's really sad cuz it doesn't seem like it's about the man who died anymore... just looters wanting to cause chaos and stealing things.
30t6p3b.gif

How bad is it right now... just tuning in to BBC News.

Stay safe.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by GMA 11

Wow, right in the middle of things?  It's really sad cuz it doesn't seem like it's about the man who died anymore... just looters wanting to cause chaos and stealing things.
30t6p3b.gif

How bad is it right now... just tuning in to BBC News.

Stay safe.
i only live a couple minutes away from where the original riots started. it's clear the police have no control over of the situation.

^ Time to bring in the Royal Army perhaps?
Crazy how it seems like it's spreading to various parts of England.

IMASOLE ~ In a nutshell (and GMA pls correct me if I'm wrong)... an alleged drug dealer was shot and killed by the police. Rumors surfaced that he was unarmed and that he was killed execution-style. The friends and relatives of that man then organized a protest/march against the police, wanting justice. This is where I'm sorta confused... all of a sudden a large number of youths started protesting/rioting/looting and it's spreading.  They say a lot of the youths were complaining to the government on unemployment, poverty, etc... 
And like I mentioned before... it doesn't seem like it's about that dead man anymore... just youths causing chaos. 

Originally Posted by SinnerP

^ Time to bring in the Royal Army perhaps?
Crazy how it seems like it's spreading to various parts of England.

IMASOLE ~ In a nutshell (and GMA pls correct me if I'm wrong)... an alleged drug dealer was shot and killed by the police. Rumors surfaced that he was unarmed and that he was killed execution-style. The friends and relatives of that man then organized a protest/march against the police, wanting justice. This is where I'm sorta confused... all of a sudden a large number of youths started protesting/rioting/looting and it's spreading.  They say a lot of the youths were complaining to the government on unemployment, poverty, etc... 
And like I mentioned before... it doesn't seem like it's about that dead man anymore... just youths causing chaos. 
No doubt its just youths stealing because they can steal without having to face consequences for stealing.
Its sick seeing pictures posted on twitter of looters and their loot
sick.gif
. I was under the assumption that the
person who was shot by the police was armed? Also the fact that people have been basically forced out of
their homes
frown.gif
with only the clothes on their back.

On a happier note
grin.gif
at the Spammers in the championship. And for the City "supporters", what part of
the community shield did City ever look very effective? United really dominated the game, De Gea
should have at least gotten a hand on the 2nd goal, the 1st was a result of poor marking

london26.jpg

Handed out to the scum that are still looting, pretty sickening honestly.
Apparently they are now attacking Birmingham?

^#!#+$%@ ridiculous at that flyer. These clowns are acting like they are standing up for some just cause or something. They are nothing but thugs destroying $#@! just because they can.

Hopefully you, your friends, and your loved ones stay safe throughout this madness GMA11.

A legendary football club...
domestically.
i've mentioned that before.

you guys know damn well what's missing from that trophy cabinet...

soccernet.com:
Known for his pace and ability to beat defenders,he can operate on either side of the pitch.His style has invited comparisons with Walcott,though Oxlade-Chamberlain is a better defender who is comfortable in central midfield as well as out wide.
basically no one knows what his best position is or where this kid will end up playing at Arsenal...

Hopefully you, your friends, and your loved ones stay safe throughout this madness GMA11.
co-sign...hope everything's alright man...

Back
Top Bottom