The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

This is the first year where I actively follow Futbol, the Premier League and some of Serie A. 
Normally you hear the big names win in England, I'm so glad that this year you have names like Tottenham, Man CITY, New Castle fighting for top spots, and even Arsenal (after how they began the season) back in the mix.

I'm kinda torn since I'm a Torres fan, AND a Tottenham fan lol I want both to make the final 4, but doubt it's gonna happen

indifferent.gif
@ that 2nd pen being awarded.

If that is a penalty, then there should be a penalty call in about half the corner kick/free kick situations. Unbeliavable, especially considering that the first penalty call was weak as well. And of course it had to be that *!#$$ Busquets, what a *!#$$

Peek-A-Boo.gif

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Originally Posted by trunks206

Why a United fan would want Mancini to get sacked is beyond me. Just like Dalglish is holding Liverpool back Mancini is keeping City back. City's bench players are better than most first choice XIs for a majority of the PL but Mancini ran some of his players into the ground and now they are running out of legs (*touch wood* But I hope it keeps up for one more week) All that talent should not be behind United, especially this United side, and a better manager would have had the title all but wrapped up by now.
i'm with you on the Mancini and Dalglish bit,but to wrap up the title with 7-8 games still to play?
eyes.gif

No I know I didn't really mean the last part about the title being wrapped up by now but I think we both agree that a better manager with those resources would have city clear at the top with United chasing them...not the other way around.

If this game ends 2-1 and Barca goes on to win their trophy will be forever illegitimate. I can't believe he awarded that second penalty. He could have let the first one go, he should have let the second one go.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

If this game ends 2-1 and Barca goes on to win their trophy will be forever illegitimate. I can't believe he awarded that second penalty. He could have let the first one go, he should have let the second one go.

The first one was clearly a penalty. The 2nd one? I've seen penalties like that being called before but it was definitely harsh and could've been let go. That kind of @#$% happens in EVERY set piece. I'm a Barca fan and I hate all this refereeing controversy this team always gets into
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

And of course it had to be that *!#$$ Busquets, what a *!#$$

Peek-A-Boo.gif
No argument there. He's toned his acting down alot this year and is a damn good player, but I'll always regard him as a @#$@$ (along with Alves)

This ref is horrible. That wasn't a hand ball. How can anyone support this team when the refs clearly influence the game in their favor like they do.

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

laugh.gif
@ UEFA still rigging games for Barcelona to win, some things will never change.

These gifts from UEFA are why I haven't been complaining when Madrid gets mysterious penalty calls in La Liga or when Barca gets magical red cards and denied penalties
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Tw Rio Ferdinand (Man United): "The ref has followed the rules there...shirt pull = foul. Messi = nerveless" #fcblive #ucl [@rioferdy5]

Thing is, if you follow that rule it has to be CONSISTENT. Every game should have 2-3 penalties off that alone.

I'm not gonna say Barca didn't deserve to go through (Milan got away with missed penalty calls in the first leg, so please don't say that they got robbed) but this specific penalty call today was very questionable.

Originally Posted by grusumm18

b/c they fixed the first match, too?
Milan did everything they had to do to put themselves in position to advance against Barca. They held Barca at home, then tied the game at 1-1 away. Their plan from there on would obviously have been to drop 9-10 behind the ball and defend. Maybe that's not the most honorable way to advance, but they earned that spot with their play. 
Instead, Barca was gifted a penalty that, as Wynalda pointed out, they seemed to have designed for Busquets to go down on. I was dumbfounded that the ref fell for such antics. 

From then everything changed and Milan had to attack, opening up for a third goal.

Not outraged or anything, Barca was probably the better squad, but as a mostly impartial soccer fan I hate to see them advance this way. 

ie2d7s.jpg

drogba.gif
\

I'd love to also see the "handball" by Robinho and the non-foul by Mascherano on Ibrahimovic in the box again as well. 

laugh.gif
@ how fast Puyol put his arms up asking for a pk.

Pathetic by UEFA, their horrible refs & Barcelona...what a disgrace to the game.

You Arsenal fans are STILL so damn bitter about Van Persie being sent off last year 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
Even if Barca won 6-1 today you guys would still cry about your conspiracy theories. As if Barca NEVER suffers from bad calls
laugh.gif
  When Barca players bring up these bad calls, they're whiners and babies, yet when they don't (1st leg at San Siro today, or even better yet, the disallowed goals vs Arsenal/Koscielny hacking players like no other) they're villains for taking advantage of one in the next game.
laugh.gif
@ bringing up Robinho's handball. According to Arsenal fans, Barca and Man United would be nothing if not for the refs.

Originally Posted by SFC415

You Arsenal fans are STILL so damn bitter about Van Persie being sent off last year 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
Even if Barca won 6-1 today you guys would still cry about your conspiracy theories. As if Barca NEVER suffers from bad calls
laugh.gif
  When Barca players bring up these bad calls, they're whiners and babies, yet when they don't (1st leg at San Siro) they're villains for taking advantage of one in the next game.
laugh.gif
@ bringing up Robinho's handball
We cannot stand Barcelona and its not just because of last year.  The act in the press your Spanish players put on last summer in regard to the Fabregas saga was ridiculous.  I lost a lot of respect for him and the rest of the team to let that go on for damn near 3 summers yapping about his Barcelona "DNA". This is the 3rd time Barcelona has gotten crazy favorable calls in the Champions League.  The Chelsea game at Stamford Bridge a few years ago was blasphemous as well.

^ I didnt see last week game, I was at work tbf, so I cant comment on it. Having said that Refs make mistakes and miss legitimate claims but the second PK was a dive and the intent was to cheat totally different imo. 
Babam: spot on. If you are the best team prove it save the antics and the ref crowding trying to influence him and his decisions. The only player I respect on their roster is Messi he is the total opposite to the rest of them. He never goes down cheaply and he gets the job done. 

SFC415: Everyone not just Arsenal fans have been talking about the calls that Barca were awarded today. As Jordanhead pointed out "Uefalona" is trending on twitter....and for a reason. 

We just want some type of consistency out of UEFA's refs. And do tell how the handball wasn't a bad call. It looked to me that it hit his chest live and in the one quick replay they showed at te time and although the shot was saved the rebound went straight at a Milan player inside the box an then the whistle was blown.

Yea man.. This Barca stuff is getting out of hand..
UEFA loves to see Barca play futsal in the Champions League.. And I dont understand it.

Mourinho will end it tho.

Apparently Wilshere will be playing for the reserves in a friendly against Birmingham tomorrow. ##!# YES!!!!!!

Originally Posted by trunks206

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

I hope Mancini is sacked.

i was thinking this as well, im suprised it hasn't happened sooner
Why a United fan would want Mancini to get sacked is beyond me. Just like Dalglish is holding Liverpool back Mancini is keeping City back. City's bench players are better than most first choice XIs for a majority of the PL but Mancini ran some of his players into the ground and now they are running out of legs (*touch wood* But I hope it keeps up for one more week) All that talent should not be behind United, especially this United side, and a better manager would have had the title all but wrapped up by now. 
(._. ) i was speaking from my point of view as a fan of the game, hes been manager since what 2009 and has had little success, rumors of mourinhio to city are already started, him and basically unlimited money could be scary 

LOL. Only Barcelona can dominate a game to the tune of two-thirds possession and seven times as many shots on goal (with three at the back), against a European giant no less, and yet still have the "neutrals" crying about a "robbery."

Obviously, the second pen was a bit soft. I assume the ref from his angle saw the hands gripping the shirt and Nesta bundling over Busquets so he made the call (Nesta admitted he committed a foul post match, and maintained Puyol fouled him at the same time). But of course, no one was up in arms when up to two penalties were turned down at the San Potato Field. Dudes would be perfectly happy if an inferior Milan side had advanced on a draw while Barca had 2-4 penalties ignored. Pathetic, yet understandable. As always, greatness begets envy and antipathy. Catalunya is sleeping soundly tonight.

And to be fair to Arsenal fans, they have plenty to be bitter about. 2006 CL final, two years ago, last year, Cesc, all the years of trophy-less misery, resembling a feeder club at times, etc, etc.

The 2nd PK was a bad call but no matter how you slice it Barca was the better team today, they played better today and deserved to win today.

Back
Top Bottom