The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Anelka is player coach?
laugh.gif

[h1]Drogba: I'm leaving Chelsea[/h1]
May 21, 2012

By ESPN staff

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has told his team-mates that he is leaving the club this summer and says he is preparing "for a great leap into the unknown" away from Stamford Bridge.

didierdrogbafinalpen20120519_275x155.jpg

GettyImagesDidier Drogba's Champions League-winning penalty may have been his final contribution to Chelsea

• Lampard gushes over Drogba
• Lukaku: I will never forgive AVB

Drogba, 34, scored a dramatic late equaliser for the Blues in Saturday's Champions League final before netting the crucial penalty in the shootout as he ended the club's long wait for a maiden European Cup triumph.

But it seems the Ivory Coast international's decisive contributions in Munich were his last for the club, as he is planning "another adventure" after eight years in West London.

"We (he and his team-mates) will not be together next season," Drogba is quoted as telling France Football magazine. "As I have decided to leave, I wanted to tell them to their faces.

"They made me break down. I found it hard to admit that it was finished with me and the club. But I don't envisage sitting on the bench watching others play at a time when the club is looking at putting together a new team.

"So there we go, I am readying myself for a great leap into the unknown. It will be another adventure."

Drogba's team-mates chanted for him to stay in front of jubilant Chelsea fans following Sunday's victory parade, but the striker's future now appears certain to be elsewhere.

He has been heavily tipped to join former strike partner Nicolas Anelka in China, where the Frenchman is currently player-manager at big-spending Shanghai Shenhua.

If true, what a way to go out. Nothing short of a legend 
pimp.gif

Possible replacements? I'm hearing Falcao (highly doubt it), Cavani or Hulk. I personally wouldn't mind any of the three. Also Modric 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DLo13

The guy next to me was wearing a Schalke jersey and cheering for Bayern (engoi, what's that about?
laugh.gif
)

Shame on him.He will burn in hell.
laugh.gif
  Probably cheering for Bayern because he is german and the clubs owned by entrepreneurs are not very liked in Germany.

Bayern doesn't want Olivier Girourd any longer.
Pizarro again on their list, along with Javi Martinez.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

pimp.gif

Possible replacements? I'm hearing Falcao (highly doubt it), Cavani or Hulk. I personally wouldn't mind any of the three. Also Modric 
nerd.gif

Apparently the spurs are asking for 50mil for Modric

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

pimp.gif

nerd.gif

Apparently the spurs are asking for 50mil for Modric
I think Falcao is an option. Chelsea have the money. Atl will have made a profit, and can spread that money + winning Europa money around to build the team even further. 
Whether it will actually happen is a different story, but I think as an option, he's on the table. 

As a side not speaking of Spurs...apparently the base price of 35m for Bale has emerged. Realistically it would probably go up to 40. 

Mourinho signed until 2016. 
ohwell.gif
 for United fans...we'll clearly have to wait until SAF wins another CL 
laugh.gif

Roberto Martinez set for a 2nd meeting with Liverpool. 

Liverpool is in such a tough spot...

And they're "Hazard-like" style of manager shopping is making it harder for them...

@SinnerP lol yeah the bib got a chuckle out of me

wait, i dont vist here much.. but Anelka is a player-coach?

as in like captain? as in like role model to other players on the squad?

that Chinese team must be awfullll
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

wait, i dont vist here much.. but Anelka is a player-coach?

as in like captain? as in like role model to other players on the squad?

that Chinese team must be awfullll
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 Anelka has been a player-manager for a while.

He basically helps the terrible current manager Jean Florent Ikwange Ibenge 

Jean Tange their last manager was fired last month. 

He's an assistant coach (Anelka) while playing, most likely helping with improving striking from the other players.  

Those pictures are far too flattering. Nike always makes them look decent with those plastic bottle/dark room photoshops

547870_10151047564459305_197394889304_12073526_1936864957_n.jpg

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

The home kit is something I would've designed in my 8th grade photoshop class. The away kit looks like a @#$@$@ popsicle. Why couldn't they just make the orange kit something like the one from 06?

115_6890.jpg

http://sportwitness.ning....ona-away-kit-looks-like-

rocketice.jpg

Originally Posted by trunks206

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Professionals Manuel Almunia, George Brislen-HallGavin HoyteSean McDermottRhys Murphy, together with Scholars James Campbell andJeffrey Monakana will all be released on July 1 and are therefore free to join other clubs from this point.  

%#!% all the Chelsea fans on here celebrating your CL win, but the euforia of seeing Almunia will never play for Arsenal >>>>>>>> wining the CL. 
daily+mail+gay+yorkie+miniature+yorkshire+terrier.jpg

So long!!!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Anyone watching the Oranje vs Bayern match?

Back
Top Bottom