The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

Originally Posted by hoosiergunner

man, we suck but de gea is terrible, I wouldnt swap szcesny for him.
If he's so terrible why aren't you guys winning
indifferent.gif
not sure if serious...
Lol even being a Spurs fan and hating Szczesnys face, his pk save against Udinese alone is better
than anything De Gea has done at United... Assume its better than anything he did at Atletico too
just didn't watch him enough.

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

Lol Arsenal seem to know how to raise my spirits today.... Why doesn't Arsenal put in some super subs.... 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Arsenal is really showing some class with their tackles today, Arshavin, Djourou, Jenkinson. Too bad De Gea had
to give up a softie

theyre all better than younes kaboul
Kaboul just doesn't know better, at least he wasn't tackling wrecklessly against City today after they were down so many goals
laugh.gif
touche, its probably a good deal inexperience/frustration, but arshavin is a known goon, too bad hes 5 foot nothing

Everybody commenting on De Gea but they haven't seen him play before arriving at Man Utd. I hate Man Utd but y'all are jumping on the kid like he was supposed to come in here immediately and become the next Buffon. Chill.

the kid is still young.  goalies are said to hit their prime in their mid 30s,  De Gea is like 20-21 years old?  He's also playing on a huge stage with a huge audience, he is obviously extremely nervous.  Hop off the kid.

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Everybody commenting on De Gea but they haven't seen him play before arriving at Man Utd. I hate Man Utd but y'all are jumping on the kid like he was supposed to come in here immediately and become the next Buffon. Chill.

for 20 mil they could have gotten buffon. Pretty decent save just then though, best thing ive seen from him thus far

De Gea is going to be fine, but how can you not get on him for giving up the softie to Walcott?
Right before the half, he had already made a few big saves including a PK save... You can't
just say oh well its okay that you gave up the easy goal between your legs just because you're
young and there's pressure

Originally Posted by JJ Jumpman 23

the kid is still young.  goalies are said to hit their prime in their mid 30s,  De Gea is like 20-21 years old?  He's also playing on a huge stage with a huge audience, he is obviously extremely nervous.  Hop off the kid.
i dont care how old he is hes the first choice gk for united. Szezcny is the same age and plenty of criticism has been justifiably leveled at him.

De Gea is going to be fine, but how can you not get on him for giving up the softie to Walcott?
Right before the half, he had already made a few big saves including a PK save... You can't
just say oh well its okay that you gave up the easy goal between your legs just because you're
young and there's pressure
Let him adjust a little, this is only his third or fourth real match with Man Utd. Give it a little more time.

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

for 20 mil they could have gotten buffon. Pretty decent save just then though, best thing ive seen from him thus far
They wanted a young keeper on the rise not a keeper who is at the ladder stages of his career.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

If he's so terrible why aren't you guys winning
indifferent.gif
not sure if serious...
Lol even being a Spurs fan and hating Szczesnys face, his pk save against Udinese alone is better
than anything De Gea has done at United... Assume its better than anything he did at Atletico too
just didn't watch him enough.
But you're comparing 17 appearances to 3...

Originally Posted by JJ Jumpman 23

i dont care how old he is hes the first choice gk for united. Szezcny is the same age and plenty of criticism has been justifiably leveled at him.
Szezceny has been there since 2008. De Gea has never left Madrid in his life and he's experiencing a huge change at a young age, living in a new country, playing with a new team with a new system, it takes time to adjust. Give it to the 8-10th game of the season and if he's still letting in loaft goals, then you can criticize.

LOL at Anderson just looking at Szezceny the whole time that ball is curling in.

WAZZA WAZZA WAZZA WAZZA WAZZA WAZZA WAZZA WAZZA

Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice...

Did Anderson really just stare at the goal keeper while Rooney kicked that ball......Anderson=Bawse

Back
Top Bottom