The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

How long is Chelsea going to continue trying to spare Torres' feelings instead of playing its best lineup and giving itself the best chance to win? They are doing Drogba so dirty because of this bum Torres. 
30t6p3b.gif
He's injured, bro.
Even when he was fit he was on the bench. There is no reason Torres should play in front of him. Hell, throw Anelka or Lukaku in there before bum $^%* Torres

Yo, despite Torres missing that sitter, let's be real, his last two matches have been his best in a Chelsea kit. Hopefully, dude starts to settle in, slowly but surely.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by Curious24

^ Thats because La Liga sucks.  Even Real Madrid doesnt give Barca competition to be honest. Casillas was totally wrong when he said Madrid was better than United.  United and Barca have one thing no one else has, CHEMISTRY.  When I see the football Madrid is playing it hurts my eyes.  No ball control in midfield and wait for the defense to make a mistake.  

Real would eat United for breakfast. The Chemistry between Ronaldo and Ozil > The tension between Rooney and Nani. Watching the way United score goals gives me eye cancer: Waiting for the goalkeeper not to clear the ball far enough and score an easy goal off the rebound.

Barca and Real are easily 1 and 2 in the world. This makes La Liga as a whole very boring to watch (minus El Clasico), but they are still the best in the world.

Thats why they didnt reach the CL Final like Barca and United.

No, the reason why Real didn't reach the CL final is because they ran into the same team that wiped the field with United in the middle of England. Which is why the CL format sucks. Everyone knows that the real final should've been Barca-Real.
Stop it 5

Wow awesome game watched it live in Australia, 3am it finished. At work now super happy but so tired!

First off I feel sorry for Torres he looked back to his old self after the goal, attacking the ball, excited. I hope this doesn't break him, that miss in front of the Stretford end is demoralising.

As for United they were clinical in the first half, 3 shots, 3 goals. Wasteful in the second.

Rooney could have had another hat-trick. He was particularly mean teasing John Terry about the Moscow penalty with a re-enactment.

Game of the season and it just started!

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Now everyone claiming Nani is better than Ronaldo? What a joke.
Who would claim this? Is there some analysts out there that are claiming this?
roll.gif

Regarding the league vs. CL, it all depends on the club. Being a Spurs supporter, I would have much rather finished
top 4 last season than have the magical run we had in the CL. It would have possibly let us improve the squad more
because of the guaranteed cash flow and we wouldn't have to be playing on Thursdays in Europa League
alien.gif

[h2]
[/h2]
By Brooks Peck

heres_skys_simplistic_comparison_between_nani_and_ronaldo.jpg
Manchester United's match against Chelsea on Sunday marked Nani's 100th Premier League appearance for the club. He celebrated that milestone by scoring their third goal in the 3-1 win and after he did so, Sky took the opportunity to compare him to the man he's been compared to since joining Man United -- Cristiano Ronaldo.

The two Portuguese are virtually identical in the minutes played and goals scored categories through 100 league matches, but Nani has set up more than twice as many goals for his teammates. Which isn't surprising.

What the graphic doesn't show, however, is that Ronaldo was just 18 when he made his debut for Man United, whereas Nani was 20. It also doesn't show how pointless it is to compare two players who really are quite different aside from their shared nationality and jokes about falling down.
[/url][/h2]

DaComeUP wrote:

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

How long is Chelsea going to continue trying to spare Torres' feelings instead of playing its best lineup and giving itself the best chance to win? They are doing Drogba so dirty because of this bum Torres. 
30t6p3b.gif

Did you not see the Drogba injury a few weeks ago
laugh.gif
? He's injured. No one is playing Torres over him right now.
Torres was playing over Drogba even before the injury.
And wasn't Drogba available for today? He had a concussion, not a torn ACL or broken angle. It doesn't take a month to recover.

edinson "el matador" cavani
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

nobody can tell me he isn't quickly becoming one of the best pure strikers in the world
what a player to watch

And wasn't Drogba available for today? He had a concussion, not a torn ACL or broken angle. It doesn't take a month to recover.

there are no set of rules for concussions, see: Sidney Crosby in the NHL

Well it is Sky Sports, and I actually just read that comparison as well. Sky Sports credibility in reporting actual
Sports news is not too high on my list, especially their deadline coverage.

Back
Top Bottom