The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

from @marklomasESPN "Bloomberg reporting that Inter Milan chief Ernesto Paolillo sent a text message saying: “Eto’o is leaving. He is going to the Russian club""

For 300K a week/17million Euros a year Id bounce to Russia too. The man has won more then his fair share of titles in Club football, can be mad at him now that he wants to get paid, although would be a perfect striker in our system. 

Also the Cesc deal has been "done" so many times over the past 2 summers that I'll wait until its officially on the Arsenal site before I worry about it. Its good that Ryo got his special talent work visa.... imo we should take the CC serious again this year, but if Wenger fields the youngsters it should be pretty fun to watch...

Ox-Frimpong-Lasbury-Ryo

Afobe-Vela

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by trunks206

For 300K a week/17million Euros a year Id bounce to Russia too. The man has won more then his fair share of titles in Club football, can be mad at him now that he wants to get paid, although would be a perfect striker in our system. 

True. It's just that someone who's really sensitive to racist taunts is going to Russia of all places
laugh.gif
Not saying the entire country is like that but its definitely much worse than Spain or Italy. From personal experience many of the racial taunts made by Iberian/Mediterranean soccer fans are just made in poor taste. They usually (key word
laugh.gif
) never taunt their own black players, they just love harassing opposing players and don't have any tact when they do so . Fans of teams like Barca and Madrid appreciate their black players just as much as anyone else (Marcelo, Abidal, etc) but the farther east you get in Europe the more you see fans assaulting/insulting their own players (huge example being Greece). That's why it's surprising to see Eto'o going there

Regardless, he will always be one of my favorite players
pimp.gif
And anyone who plays FIFA 11 knows that he's the most unstoppable player in the game
laugh.gif

Wow, Mario Gotze is a player of astonishing quality, and only 19
eek.gif
sick.gif

I'll definitely try to catch more Dortmund fixtures this season.

I think this Fabregas news is legit, Barca was probably moved to close the deal after Arsene included him in the Champs league qualifier. If so
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

I just started playing FIFA 11 so I'm unsure but do they do the rosters like NBA 2K11 and update them
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
(Re: Eto'o)

no, i believe they are done with the updates but you can do them yourself

Originally Posted by mauriciogarcia

WHERE IS THEM FANTASY LEAGUES?

Join the Live Breathe Futbol Fantasy League!!! PRIVATE LEAGUE CODE: 730139-184759. Winner gets an LBF Prize Package!Cesc is also putting up £5M of his own money so the deal should be 40. Nasri seems to be going too so that makes it around 60 to spend plus what we had, more than enough to get proper replacement.

what would barca's line up even look like with stick with the 4 3 3 but have xavi, andres and cesc in the midfield with messi, villa and pedro?

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

what would barca's line up even look like with stick with the 4 3 3 but have xavi, andres and cesc in the midfield with messi, villa and pedro?

First of all, I think Sanchez will be relegating Pedro to the bench, but I believe that Cesc and Iniesta will have a rotation. There is no way they will be able to play without a Busquets on the pitch. There is plenty of first team football to go around.

Sanchez won't oust Pedro his first season, for all his talent I doubt he'll be polished enough to seamlessly fit into Barca's slick passing system in a year. Cesc will get plenty of time as he grew up in the system and they're in a bunch of competitions. Besides, Iniesta can and has played a more advanced role anyway which would allow them both to be on at the same time. As hugebird noted, Busquets is crucial and his spot is secure as a holding middy.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Wow, Mario Gotze is a player of astonishing quality, and only 19
eek.gif
sick.gif

I'll definitely try to catch more Dortmund fixtures this season.

I think this Fabregas news is legit, Barca was probably moved to close the deal after Arsene included him in the Champs league qualifier. If so
pimp.gif
Gotze is astonishingly good, so incredible that he's only 19 and such an instrumental part of Dortmund.
His decision making is so seasoned for his age.

Originally Posted by Demps

Freddy Adu is coming back to America
pimp.gif

chivas usa

MLS and NBC agreed to a three-year deal that calls for 45 MLS games and four U.S. men’s national team matches to be shown live across both NBC and NBC Sports Network each season. Versus, which handles most of the NHL coverage and has far greater reach than FSC, will be rebranded NBC Sports Network in January.

power moves
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

MLS bouta become a POWER
laugh.gif

@nawlinsjunkie, I'm sure you didn't mean it like that but ALL racist taunts are in bad taste and there is no such thing as tact in that regard.

That $%++ needs to (continue) to be completely stomped out of the game, unfortunately Russia is one of those countries where that hasn't been close an active priority.

As for Eto, the move is a little disappointing for me personally. He's one of my all time favorites and now his games won't be all that accessible but more importantly, he's still got a few years of world class football in him and he's already one of the best strikers of this generation, performing in Russia won't mean quite as much as it would in a top four league. It would be nice for his legacy if he went somewhere with more prestige but at least he's gettin breaded.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

@nawlinsjunkie, I'm sure you didn't mean it like that but ALL racist taunts are in bad taste and there is no such thing as tact in that regard.

That $%++ needs to (continue) to be completely stomped out of the game, unfortunately Russia is one of those countries where that hasn't been close an active priority.

As for Eto, the move is a little disappointing for me personally. He's one of my all time favorites and now his games won't be all that accessible but more importantly, he's still got a few years of world class football in him and he's already one of the best strikers of this generation, performing in Russia won't mean quite as much as it would in a top four league. It would be nice for his legacy if he went somewhere with more prestige but at least he's gettin breaded.
Yea I agree with you 100%. I might have worded it wrong. I just mean that many (not all) of those comments, as racist and terrible as they are, aren't true racism. It's similar to immature people going on Xbox Live/PSN and spewing racial insults to get others riled up and distracted from the game. I'm by no means justifying it though. I'm all for taunting opposing players as long as it doesn't get into serious @#$% like their backgrounds, skin color, religion, etc

Originally Posted by SinnerP

First casualty:

Hotspur vs. Everton has been postponed.
Turned out to be the only casualty, thankfully.

Would rather watch QPR/Bolton than Reds/Sunderland.

Rumors and rumors...

''Tevez to Arsenal and Nasri to Man City straight swap. City to pay half Tevez's wages for first season, done deal''

Rumors and rumors...

''Tevez to Arsenal and Nasri to Man City straight swap. City to pay half Tevez's wages for first season, done deal''

I've thought Eto'o to Makchkala and Tevez to Inter ?

laugh.gif
at that tevez rumor. he doesnt even want play or live in england. i can understand with his terrible english i wouldnt want to be living there also

Originally Posted by engoi

Rumors and rumors...

I've thought Eto'o to Makchkala and Tevez to Inter ?
Haha, I have no idea.  Just what I saw floating around in the rumor-bin... 
Perhaps it's nicer to live in London than Manchester?  No bloody idea... 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom