The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Off the woodwork... holy %&*$

EDIT ~ Wow, what an ending... 

Last edited:
I think both teams will eventually be content with the result

Barca maintains their 8 point lead and although messis first goal came off some good fortune, Barca outplayed Real.

Game could have went in a completely different direction had benzema converted that chance to put Real up 2-0. He's definitely a class player with all around talent and skill but it seems like he's never going to develop into a clinical finisher in the box.

I think both teams will eventually be content with the result

Barca maintains their 8 point lead and although messis first goal came off some good fortune, Barca outplayed Real.

Game could have went in a completely different direction had benzema converted that chance to put Real up 2-0. He's definitely a class player with all around talent and skill but it seems like he's never going to develop into a clinical finisher in the box.

This.

Missed out on a lot of footy today due to the Eagles-Steelers game smh but sounds like Messi had a golazo and Ronaldo answered right back...I guess Barca aren't too mad with a draw to Madrid with their margin in La liga, kinda bummed I missed that game though

My Gunners are looking good though, and Lyon is still strong in 3rd place :smokin

El Clásico was :smokin

:lol:

Sad I missed El Classico today. Oh well. Gonna catch the highlights.

Timbers lose 3-0 to Seattle. Saw that one coming :smh:

suarezgif.gif

im sorry but ive been feeling like posting diving compilations :lol:

in other news...
8 October 2012 Last updated at 10:50 ET
Share this page

Email
Print

Facebook
Twitter

New York Red Bulls coach Mike Jones stabbed to death
Mike Jones Mike Jones worked for the New York Red Bulls, one of the leading teams in US Major League Soccer.

A 25-year-old British man who was working as a football coach in the US has been stabbed to death in New York.

Mike Jones, originally of Tarleton, Lancashire, was attacked in Manhattan in the early hours of Sunday, the New York Police Department (NYPD) said.

Mr Jones, who coached the New York Red Bulls juniors, was declared dead on arrival at Bellevue Hospital, New York.

An NYPD spokesman said the coach had been found with a severed ear and stab wounds to his head and neck.

"It is absolutely horrendous," said Betty Parkinson, chair of Tarleton Corinthians who Mr Jones used to play for.

Officers answering an emergency call found Mr Jones on the street near 25 West 14th Street at about 04:30 local time (09:30 BST).
Premier League stars

The NYPD spokesman confirmed a "homicide investigation" was under way.

Mr Jones had been a coach with the Youth Training Programme of the New York Red Bulls for the past five years.

"He was a tremendous individual, a fantastic coach who loved soccer and a terrific friend for many of us," the club said in a statement.

"This is truly a sad day for our soccer community and we will do our utmost to help authorities in their investigation of this case.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with Michael's family at this time."

The New York Red Bulls are one of the leading teams in US Major League Soccer (MLS).

Current players include former English Premier League stars Thierry Henry, formerly of Arsenal, and Tim Cahill, who played for Everton.

Mr Jones is a former pupil of Tarleton High School and played for local football teams Tarleton Corinthians and Hesketh Bank FC.

My team has been killing our intramural season lol. Bout to become champions

You guys heard about PSG saying they want CR7 hard? They have the money for sure, but only like 3-4 teams could actually afford Ronaldo... Man city, PSG, Zenit, and Man Utd I guess...

Back
Top Bottom