The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

• Liverpool have told Manchester City that defender Daniel Agger, 27, will cost at least £22m after City made an informal inquiry for the Dane. - Guardian
  • Juventus are interested in Liverpool's Luis Suarez as they fear that Robin van Persie will decide not to join them. - Daily Mirror
  • Lucas Moura is said to be favouring a move to Paris Saint-Germain rather than Manchester United, with the 19-year-old rumoured to consider Manchester "boring". - talkSPORT
  • Inter Milan chairman Massimo Moratti claims his club are out of the running for Moura because PSG have already made Sao Paulo a huge offer to sign him. - insidefutbol.com
  • Cardiff City are keen to sign Craig Bellamy from Liverpool, although Mark Hughes would like to add the Welshman to his QPR squad. - Daily Mail
  • Bologna are demanding a fee in the region of £16m for Gaston Ramirez, 21, a target for Liverpool and Tottenham. Inter Milan are also said to be looking at the Uruguayan playmaker. - talkSPORT
  • Liverpool are set for further talks with Swansea City over midfielder Joe Allen now that the 22-year-old's involvement at the Olympics is over. - Metro
  • Swans manager Michael Laudrup has told Liverpool they will have to pay at least £15m or forget about signing Allen. - Daily Star
  • Stoke City are in talks to sign Polish international left-back Sebastian Boenisch, 25, who is available after his contract with Werder Bremen expired. - Daily Mirror
  • Roberto Mancini has rejected a bid from AC Milan to sign striker Edin Dzeko on a season-long loan. - Daily Star
  • West Brom hope to wrap up the signing of Swedish striker Markus Rosenberg later on Tuesday - as Nottingham Forest make a move for Simon Cox. - Birmingham Mail

Santi-Cazorla_2302212b.jpg

article-2184916-146CC594000005DC-143_634x435.jpg

article-2184916-146CC417000005DC-235_634x425.jpg

article-2184916-146CBD4F000005DC-839_634x407.jpg

article-2184916-146CC53E000005DC-666_634x436.jpg

Last edited:
Proud of Mexico :pimp: Oribe especially with that goalazo :pimp: and that pass to Cortez
Unbelievable, first time in their history to ever make it to the final for a chance for gold :D

Above: I was fortunate to watch Alexis at Udinese for numerous years, probably because two of my closest friends are major Milan and Juve supporters (Serie A). I truly think he dives noticeably more in a Barca kit. But to answer your point, I will call it fair. There's one La Liga match in particular that Di Maria shamed Madrid (me). Started a physical altercation with his actions. Can't think of the specific details (opponent). Pepe is a bruising CB and just as physical as a holding-mid but I'm the first to admit his theatrics are nonsensical at times. Beyond diving, stepping on Lio's fingers was classless, ridiculously useless, and generally unwise. I won't address the minor CR7 point because we both realize he's not much of a diver at all anymore, that was largely in his United days.
Real Madrid: I'm fine with a Sahin loan for regular first-team action at a top-20 club in Europe but the board better not sell him. He was injury-plagued his first campaign fighting to crack the starting XI behind Alonso, Khedira, and Lass, but from what I saw at Borussia Dortmund, the young Turkish international has world-class potential. Slightly less than Mario Gotze in my opinion. Although they're admittedly different types of midfielders, Gotze's probably more similar to a Christian Eriksen-type.
RVP: My hunch is City or Juve, just like everybody else. Imagine if he goes to Eastlands following Clichy and Nasri while Lewandowski eventually makes his way to Old Trafford.
SP: To reiterate about Moura, his biggest asset is pace by far. Not afraid to take on full-backs out wide. Some on this board seem to think Fergie plans to convert Lucas Moura into the next great United winger like Cristiano Ronaldo and Nani.
LFC: Very close eye on the Brendan Rodgers experiment. This could end very well or very badly, no middle ground.
Olympics: Hoping for a Korea upset over Brasil, squad needs it after Park Ji-Sung's departure and difficulties with WC 2014 qualifiers. Korea/Japan in the gold medal match would be highly appealing because of historical ties and representing the continent of Asia.
Ashley Cole: If the wage demands are true and even if they're not, let him stay at Chelsea or have PSG overpay. Madrid already has a logjam with Marcelo and Coentrao battling for first-team LB. We paid a king's ransom for Fabio Coentrao, he must see the pitch consistently.
Hugo Lloris: Shrewd business if Spurs actually acquires the French keeper for the rumored price from OL. He has the potential to be a top-5 keeper in the world after the likes of Casillas, Neuer, and Hart.
Manchester: I wonder if the public complaints of Tevez and the da Silva twins about boredom in the city have affected Brasilians from coming to OT and other footballers as well.
Ravel Morrison: Anyone know if the loan spell to West Ham knocked some maturity and sense into the young man?

Alexis \ Di Maria: I agree with what you saying about Alexis, I think he does seem to dive more now, The 'win at all costs' nature at Barcelona is one of the reasons that Barca has alot of people hating on them, Busquets sums up that mentality and I know throughout Europe most people detest him :smh: - IMO Di Maria the biggest diver in Europe, Sometimes he flops and you cant help but be embarrased for the dude - CR7 did flop a bit at United but people underestimate the amount of kicks and fouls he recieved, Dude would walk off the pitch covered in bruises every game

Real Madrid: They should let Sahin be free instead of stockpiling good talented players like him and Sergio Canales etc. wasting out talents :smh: (Atletico fan here :D)

RVP: I still feel City are in the pole position for this one, despite the denials from the club - Tevez could blow up at any minute and Dzeko never really settled so I think they will see this one out as long as possible, Although I think more as time goes on I can see him maybe even staying at Arsenal, If they sign Sahin that could help him stay as they making some good moves this Summer

SP: A Brazilian journalist I know has told me that Wagner Ribeiro (Moura's agent) personally denied Sir Alex permission to speak to Lucas after Brazil's last game and stated that he will now not deal with Man Utd, So this is obvious that he holding out for PSG money - Expecting that to be confirmed in the next few days, although seems he will stay in Brazil until January as PSG need to clear space for Non-EU players

LFC: Agree with that

Olympics: Brasil too strong IMO

Ashley Cole Will stay at Chelsea, He has already came out on Twitter and stated that the reported 'demands' he has are false (@TheRealAC3)

Manchester: As far as I am aware the Da Silva twins and Anderson love Manchester, Robinho and Tevez hated it but they arent the most tranquil of people

Hugo Lloris: would be a good signing, I personally thought Spurs would of pushed for Jack Butland as he is talented and English

Ravel Morrison will never fulfill his talent, mark my words on that one, He is too concerned on being a wannabe Gangster off the pitch

Atleti fan as well :pimp:
Been a fan since 05, was sad to see Torres leave :smh:
Glad they got Falcao tho :D and those two Europa league cups

Mexico!
The way we are playing I know we can compete with Brazil if that' who we play.
On the bright side we'll win silver.

Good game. :pimp:

1 more game, 1 more game. :pimp:

Hopefully we win the Gold, If not, Silver won't be bad. :\ >D

Last edited:
Mexico!
The way we are playing I know we can compete with Brazil if that' who we play.
On the bright side we'll win silver.
Hope the same ideal is planted in the world cup squad, cus you gotta remember there are players missing like Chicharito, Moreno, Maza, Barrera, Marquez, Torrado
But hey, the team right now is :pimp: pretty good. I bet the other 'top' players of Mexico that I mentioned feel like Flo in the the commercial where she destroys the robot cus it's better than her :rofl:

Im rooting for South Korea to win gold. my neighbors are still bragging about the gold cup last year :lol:
Makes it hard for me to root for mexico

Those jerseys look much better worn than i thought they would

might have to scoop a podolski :lol:

Ugh....Brasil turned dirty.

Mexico vs Brasil should be a good game, Park Chu-Young never played though. :smh:

Llorente wants to leave Athletic Bilbao as he turned down an 4.5mil offer from them. Llorente is one of the best Strikers in Spain and I hope he signs with another Spanish team but I doubt it. He's probably going to end up in England or Italy. He would be the perfect fight for Liverpool up front now that Andy Carroll's been loaned to West Ham. I think he and Suarez would be a good duo up front.

Bought to buy a Brasilian :lol:

I'm sure Leandro just shot to the top of his list...

Spurs were silly for not signing him up asap as possible. Their time wasting may be a real killer for them...

Yup, just said that on twitter...he's prob gonna go after him.
What do you expect, it is the Spurs :lol:
I wonder what is going to happen to Dos Santos. Haven't heard anything about his transfer recently, not sure if it's stalled or fell through. Maybe AVB promised him playing time?
But he has been pretty much on point for all the games he has played for his country this summer.

Bought to buy a Brasilian :lol:

I'm sure Leandro just shot to the top of his list...

Spurs were silly for not signing him up asap as possible. Their time wasting may be a real killer for them...

Yup, just said that on twitter...he's prob gonna go after him.
What do you expect, it is the Spurs :lol:
I wonder what is going to happen to Dos Santos. Haven't heard anything about his transfer recently, not sure if it's stalled or fell through. Maybe AVB promised him playing time?
But he has been pretty much on point for all the games he has played for his country this summer.

yeah, Dos Santos needs to get outta there....he gets 0 burn and he's a good young player, he should try and get to a La Liga team I think he'd thrive there, he did well at Racing a yr ago....plus he's already on AVB's bad side I think

Damiao had made alot of money this olympics. Spurs eff'd up lol. Chelsea, PSG, City I bet are all preparing offers.

Must be nice when guys like Lucas, Hulk, pato and ganso barely play and you still win easily

Back
Top Bottom