The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

those Arsenal warm up kits are so :x :x :pimp: :pimp:

man..i should have stuck with footie when I was younger :frown:

Last edited:
I always thought Gus Johnson did a pretty good job withe the Quakes whenever I would catch him on air. Not to mention one of them was a stoppage time winner where he went bananas.

He remained vintage Gus Johnson, which took some getting used too, and he didn't try to come off as a soccer guy which I respected, and his excitemt was authentic.

When asked about doing soccer he's acknowledged that he's far from an expert but that he has developed a genuine interest and appreciation for the sport. Not much more you can ask.

I'd rather listen to Gus than 9/10 cookie cutter British announcers you usually have to suffer through.

My favorite way to listen will always be a straight stadium feed though. No commentary at all just the crowd and the players and coaches on the field.

Last edited:

OMG.

word, like on fox soccer i cant watch if arsenal is playing and a certain announcer is doing the game because he says "cathorla"

You guys find the silliest things to cry about. Who the hell cares about which announcer calls the game
Fear The Ibis, where you located at man? :nerd:

Just finished watching the Thierry Henry documentary that was posted a few pages back. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Damn I should have started to play footie at an earlier age. **** my parents for moving us into ****** *** inner city Miami :frown: :smh:

Last edited:

:smokin :smokin:smokin:smokin

Cleanest shirt I've seen in a while, and not because I'm Portuguese...Where are the customization options on it though?

Edit: Soccer.com allows you to customize it but I don't wanna get a jersey with the wrong color number set

Gus Johnson would be PAINFUL to listen to during a big/any football game. Please no and I love the guy (When calling basketball games). Plus honestly I just sounds off when someone with an American accent is calling it. *Kanye shrug*
Wait I thought FSC was about to fold due to losing the EPL to NBC recently. Bien has La Liga and Seria A and GolTV having the Bundesliga so it doesnt leave much left to show on a regular basis.

With all that said the English commentator during the Arsenal v Brighton FA cup match had the nerve to say Diaby was the only player at Arsenal who could play the lob for Giroud's first goal. :lol: :smh: I actually started laughing out loud after that ridiculous statement...so not everyone that is English is good but again no on Gus Johnson.

word, like on fox soccer i cant watch if arsenal is playing and a certain announcer is doing the game because he says "cathorla"

:lol: Robert. I agree on the 'Cathorla' thing though. Just a slight annoyance that bothers me for some reason.

You guys do realize thats how you actually pronounce his name, right? It is pronounced Ca-thor-la, not Caz-orla so the people who you guys are complaining about are the ones who are actually pronouncing it correctly. :lol: its all the other commentators who are pronouncing it wrong.

Last edited:
You guys do realize thats how you actually pronounce his name, right? It is pronounced Ca-thor-la, not Caz-orla so the people who you guys are complaining about are the ones who are actually pronouncing it correctly. :lol: its all the other commentators who are pronouncing it wrong.

Yup, its that Spanish lisp pronunciation. Just like "azul" is pronounced "athul" Not sure if it's the same in Asturias, but that's how people in Madrid say it

Last edited:
That Portugal kit goes hard. What are some good online shops based outta the US for kits? :nerd:

how on earth did Cisse miss that?!?!?

On the other hand...Everton are a strange bunch....yesterday they can be beasting...today they're struggling against Villa.

Stoke has to have the tallest squad in the world by a long margin :lol: They should field a bball team instead of playing punt the ball up the field every time with their 8 defensive player formations :smh:

Back
Top Bottom