The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Today is the darkest day in Chelsea's 9 year history.

"And Chelsea have won the right to appear on ITV4 every Thursday night!"- Mirrorfootball

Wow, what a match day! Really entertaining
Unfortunate for Messi.
Glad to see Gomez back and scoring at that. Bayern did work today.

Arsenal could meet one of the following teams in the Last 16: PSG, Malaga, Dortmund, Juventus, Bayern or Barcelona. :x

What the hell is Villanova thinking playing Messi on a meaningless match? This is the 2nd time this season he's done this
mean.gif

this n_ Messi got my legitimately worried for him :lol: :smh:

feels like i know him lol

City 400m squad
Chelsea 350m squad
Celtic 15m squad (Qualified)

Chelsea scored 16 goals, more than any other team.

Last edited:
Messi: Good news it seems. Not official but players are leaving the stadium thinking it's only a knock.Tests only to confirm that's the case

Pending tests, Messi only has a knock. He was walking alright in the changing rooms area. Only a scare then

TITO: "Doctors have seen Messi and they reckon it is only a knock"

Messi's fine, so that seems Messi's going to break that record after all.

Last edited:
If only Chelsea played with this kind of urgency before, who knows- we could have been talking about a potential dynasty next summer. 
tired.gif

would've liked to see United avoid defeat in Sir Alex's 200th European match in charge of United...

Celtic :wow:

Chelsea :rofl:
defending champions failing to make it past the group stage :lol:

Players have no say...teams sell if the money comes in.

While you're right in some cases, in other players can drag their feet. And when you're not at a selling club, when the heart of the team (Gotze in mid, and Subotic in def) says they don't want to leave, best believe, they're staying. They're young, and an integral part of the team.

There's been some talk about Ba to Arsenal.

I can't see on earth why this deal would happen. Arsenal have quality up front with Podolski and Giroud, and there's NO WAY Ba wants to leave for being on the bench.
Ba has a 7 million buy out clause in his contract. Newcastle are trying to re-negotiate his contract but it seems he wants higher wages, and rightly so too. I'm actually surprised more teams aren't interested in triggering that clause, he is one of the best strikers in the league. If Chelsea were smart, they'd try to sign him but I guess he isn't 'high profile' enough.

Arsenal only have one striker and that's Giroud, Chamakh doesn't count. Podolski is a LW, that's where he has played all season and has earned all his Germany caps. That's why I found it strange when he did an interview saying he prefers to play as a striker. Wenger clearly doesn't see him as a striker because he chose Gervinho to play there when Giroud was still adapting.

I agree, Arsenal do have one striker in Giroud (who needs to get 90m every single game). Let's not even bring up that other chap. But I guess, Ba can fit into the formation, except at Newcastle, he prefers to play alone up front. Him and Cisse up front didn't work very well together, and then pushing him out to the wing didn't work very well either. Maybe AW can work some magic there. He would be a top class buy for anything under 20m. The crucial thing someone like AW would have to convince Demba is that he would get consistent 90m.
Yeah definitely. As good a half season Cisse had, he hasn't replicated any of that form this season. He's still a good striker but Ba is a more complete player, and I think Pardew realizes that too. Honestly, I don't see Wenger seeing Ba. He is too good a striker to be competing for the same position as Giroud, unless Wenger plans to revert to a two striker system, which he won't. Signing a 35 year old Henry on loan is what he is going to do again |I

Podolski isn't a stranger to playing in the central position, he has played there in the past. But at one point I could have sworn that AW said he wasn't ready to play in that position yet. If he's not ready now, I don't think he'll ever be :lol: But as noted and what's clear is that he has played out wide for the majority of his career and that's where he is strongest whether he likes it or not. The best thing about playing Gervinho in the ST position is that he doesn't get too much time on the ball. He often over think things. I'm pretty sure he has yet to cross in the ball once this season. Up front he's instinctual which worked out in the beginning of the season.

Ba is a great player. Like was said, getting him would be difficult knowing our system and the role he prefers to play. Being in the CL is certainly an attraction that players are willing to make sacrifices for. NUFC has a few quality players that AW can consider going after.

We desperately need another forward.

As for Henry coming back, aside from what he can contribute on the pitch, there is a lot he can teach players and he can certainly boost our confidence.

Looking forward to our Capital One match. Hopefully it's not as wild as last time :lol:

Can you say tactical diaster :lol: :x :smh:

This is horrible. http://www.sport360.com/article/winning-not-everything-arsenal-chief-makes-shock-admission From a marketing standpoint I do know what he means...but still

Last edited:
Trying to get that Campions league-Europa league double :pimp:
But really coulda used those goals a couple games ago.
Lets hope this jumpstarts us going forward.

Back
Top Bottom