The under appreciated verses thread

I think Paul Wall verse on Just a touch is underrated. Dude killed it IMO

Last edited:
Agree with both posts. Rozay definitely killed that Kanye joint "so many cars DMV thought it was mail fraud"

My vote is for Hittman on "Housewife" from Chronic 2001. "She's psychotic rocking his nautica pretty soon he'll need antibiotics"

Gunplay verse on Cartoons and Cereal... so far, and I kid you not, he's the only NON TDE to hold is own next to Kdot on a track.

****, on some days I'll say he went in more.

yea it's me..... no mic.... no camera..... no lights..... just pain---- MAMA HOW MUCH TRAUMA CAN I SUSTAIN!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x

Last edited:
Gunplay verse on Cartoons and Cereal... so far, and I kid you not, he's the only NON TDE to hold is on next to Kdot on a track.

yea it's me..... no mic.... no camera..... no lights..... just pain---- MAMA HOW MUCH TRAUMA CAN I SUSTAIN!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x

This...

first one that came to mind... To believe people like to say Em DESTROYED Jay on this.
mean.gif

I had to hustle, my back to the wall, ashy knuckles
Pockets filled with a lot of lint, not a cent
Gotta vent, lot of innocent lives lost on the project bench
Whatchyou hollerin? Gotta pay rent, bring dollars in

By the bodega, iron under my coat, feeling braver
Doo-rag wrapping my waves up, pockets full of hope
Do not step to me - I'm awkward, I box lefty
An orphan my pops left me, And often, my momma wasn't home
Could not stress to me I wasn't grown,especially on nights
I brought something home to quiet the stomach rumblings
My demeanor - 30 years my senior
My childhood didn't mean much, only raising green up
Raising my fingers to critics, raising my head to the sky
B.I.G. I did it! Multi before I die
No lie, just know I chose my own fate
I drove by the fork in the road and went straight

Gunplay verse on Cartoons and Cereal... so far, and I kid you not, he's the only NON TDE to hold is own next to Kdot on a track.

Gunplay did go in more

I'll start with one that has been getting tarnished as of late... I could give two ***** whether he stayed on topic... He SKATED.
MANNNNNNN I've listened to this verse like 18 times in the last week alone. It came on in my shuffle and I really forgot how hard he went on this, top 5 Ross verse.
first one that came to mind... To believe people like to say Em DESTROYED Jay on this.
mean.gif

I had to hustle, my back to the wall, ashy knuckles
Pockets filled with a lot of lint, not a cent
Gotta vent, lot of innocent lives lost on the project bench
Whatchyou hollerin? Gotta pay rent, bring dollars in

By the bodega, iron under my coat, feeling braver
Doo-rag wrapping my waves up, pockets full of hope
Do not step to me - I'm awkward, I box lefty
An orphan my pops left me, And often, my momma wasn't home
Could not stress to me I wasn't grown,especially on nights
I brought something home to quiet the stomach rumblings
My demeanor - 30 years my senior
My childhood didn't mean much, only raising green up
Raising my fingers to critics, raising my head to the sky
B.I.G. I did it! Multi before I die
No lie, just know I chose my own fate
I drove by the fork in the road and went straight
Came in here to post this however. To say Eminem went harder than JAY-Z on this is asinine IMO, but everyones entitled to their own opinion

Last edited:

Gunplay went in :x :x :smh: :smh:

I'll start with one that has been getting tarnished as of late... I could give two ***** whether he stayed on topic... He SKATED.

MANNNNNNN I've listened to this verse like 18 times in the last week alone. It came on in my shuffle and I really forgot how hard he went on this, top 5 Ross verse.
Top 5? That's easily #1

You Disrespectful Little Yenta... How Dare You Spite The Incredible Performance That Was Mafia Music 2?!?!?!?

"Please Let A _ Breath, DILATED PUPILS ARE THE SEEDS OF A _'S GREEEEEEEEED!!!!!"

You Disrespectful Little Yenta... How Dare You Spite The Incredible Performance That Was Mafia Music 2?!?!?!?
"Please Let A _ Breath, DILATED PUPILS ARE THE SEEDS OF A _'S GREEEEEEEEED!!!!!"
Word.  Teflon Don has a lot of Ross' best verses on there to me... that was when he was in a great zone musically. "Tears of Joy" especially: "Yesterday I read my horoscope, Tell me Lord will I be poor and broke?!?"

I will forever respect Gunplay, simply for this verse. I did not expect him to flex on that track the way he did.

Last edited:

:lol: :lol:

I gotta stand by my choice tho

I never needed acceptance from all you outsiders
Had cyphers with Yeezy before his mouth wired
Before his jaw shattered climbin’ up the Lord’s ladder
We still speedin’, runnin’ signs like they don’t matter

I shed a tear before the night's over
God bless the man I put this Zeiss/ice over

Last edited:

Top 5? That's easily #1
Easily? I disagree. Triple Beam Dreams easily gives this competition for best Ross verse. The hook on there is also his best hook ever.

Early 90s reminiscing when I had a pager

Triple beam dreams now Pat Riley my neighbor
pimp.gif

Khaki suits and some ****** get to actin cute

We was all cool stacking it Acura coupes

More accurately we acted as if jackin was cool

Snatching ****** out their shoes and wear their jackets to school.
sick.gif

Last edited:
Royce on Renegade > Hova on Renegade

The original renegade > em and jay renegade

Em did body Jay on the Renegade track....

It aint the first time too.....Nas on Black Republicans, Ye on Run this town, Big L on that Freestyle...
indifferent.gif
@ this entire thing. This entire post was crap, but this is the most egregious thing within it.

Black Republicans? REALLY? Stop it.... Maybe you've never heard JAYs verse on that song, because idk how someone listens to these verses and think JAY didnt  rap circles around this guy.

gunplay one of them dudes who will rise to the occasion if he surrounded by greatness. He has so much potential but on Maybach music ain't nobody around to bring it out of him. Kinda like Wayne on 'Hollywood Divorce'. He came correct cuz Dre and Big was there, HE KNEW he had to.

Last edited:
oc, lord finesse, krs-one - pick an underappreciated verse....

finesse is underappreciated period
cause even a soccer player couldn't kick it like finesse can!

Back
Top Bottom