the Vans thread...

Wondering if these Goodhood authentics gonna see a worldwide release. Should be a lot cheaper if so.. Anyone have a clue?

Those checkerboards look pretty wide in the back did you size down on them? Everyone has said the vault slips fit big length wise which is why so many people go .5 smaller than their usual vans size but how do they fit width wise? 
Unfortunately I didn't. Been wearing thick socks w them. The GC fit beautifully doe
I hate the cushion of the classic authentics but id be lying if I said they dont have a great consistent shape. Man those OG slips look so long next to the GC's are they the same size? Even with the GC farther up in the photo they are still shorter than the checkerboards lol. 

The new Taka Hayashi & Vault by Vans stuff just dropped at Notre shop and they have a 25% off code right now (SS25) that works on these.

Last edited:
Trial run. Going to wear them for a week and see how it goes.

Trial run. Going to wear them for a week and see how it goes.
I love the look of the old school but the fit has always been funky for me, I think its the width of the back half idk why it just rubs and hugs in all the wrong spots lol. Good luck. If yours have leather in the collar I know some guys who skate in them and they told me that rubbing some beeswax or Vaseline in and around the collar with your finger helps them break in the leather without causes blisters. Just make sure you get the natural stuff so it doesn't effect the color.   

I´m tempted.. how´s the leather on these?

Veggie Tan Sk8 His for 80 bucks.. haven´t even seen them in shops here in the EU > http://tinyurl.com/myqezgu

I can tell you that they aren't real veg tanned leather. I've been wearing my old skools every morning and night for almost 3 months. No change in the leather at all. Just typical wear and creases.

I can tell you that they aren't real veg tanned leather. I've been wearing my old skools every morning and night for almost 3 months. No change in the leather at all. Just typical wear and creases.
thx.. I´m okay with them not developing a patina.. I like that really tan color a lot.

Back
Top Bottom