the Vans thread...

I was just thinking about it recently, how all my years in school and college that I don’t remember seeing anyone wear a pair of vans. This is NY from 1990-2013. The skater kids would wear airwalks, dvs, etnies, element, dc, and all the other skate brand sneakers.

Maybe regional? Outside of living in San Diego, I lived in the South my whole life (FL, NC, AL, and TX) and I still wore them. Now, that said, I didn't have gobs of them. More like a pair of navy or black Old Skools or Authentics here and there, but that was about it. And not because I skated, but more so because I just liked the silhouette and the all-important "they've always been cheap". I didn't run across anyone in Mobile, AL or NC wearing them when I was; however, in FL people wore them a lot. Anyway, these days you're more apt to find people wearing them casually than actual "skaters". When I was younger, kids that skated wore Vision Street Wear, Airwalks, and before that Jordan 1s. DC, Element, Etnies and the like came around probably in my 20s and never owned a pair, but had buddies that wore them.

Got these Anaheim Factory Authentics in the mail today. Still awaiting my custom Marvels

ED28F4EF-6CE8-4DE9-8528-50D788CCCE7F.jpeg
I've been eyeing those, sitting in my cart right now. :pimp:

Is there any release/restock info on vans vault cap lx cut and paste? Especially in usa and ausie

Really want the black pair.

Is there any release/restock info on vans vault cap lx cut and paste? Especially in usa and ausie

Same here. Seems these are releasing as shops get them. I don't think there is a set release date. Anyone know for sure?

Same here. Seems these are releasing as shops get them. I don't think there is a set release date. Anyone know for sure?
No set release date. I'd say to follow some of the vault dealers on instagram and turn on post notifications

I forgot I had my StockX bid up for some Yacht Club Old Skools. Total came out to $99. Not too bad but was hoping i score on a future restock.

Still excited for them to come in haha. I like the CW

This cut n paste rollout is trash... these would sell without the extreme attempt at hype... dumb

I don’t think they would sell out without the extreme attempt at hype 3god 3god

I feel they would because that’s the style that’s in - it has that Off White-like design everyone is in to.. it may not be flying like it is now, because a lot of that has to do with super low stock in carefully placed locations I’m sure

I feel they would because that’s the style that’s in - it has that Off White-like design everyone is in to.. it may not be flying like it is now, because a lot of that has to do with super low stock in carefully placed locations I’m sure
The stock numbers should be normal, not low. The demand for these just makes stock seem low.

No set release date. I'd say to follow some of the vault dealers on instagram and turn on post notifications

I see so it's do or die. No release date. Just follow vault dealers, and wait for them to post it.

Missed the restock :frown:
I really want vault fdmtl

Japan fdmtl is too easy to cop
And i regret to reserve them since may .. Waste of time .. Lol

Super bummed I missed the Cut & Paste on Proper … had been stalking that site for days, went out, and, of course they dropped the whole collection.

Super bummed I missed the Cut & Paste on Proper … had been stalking that site for days, went out, and, of course they dropped the whole collection.

wasn't FSR. mostly small sizes, in store had first dibs at sizes. got to the lbc store late, most of the sk8hi's were sold out except for sizes 5.5 and lower. lol.

The worst part about this release is that I actually want a pair to wear and Vegas only got 2 vault dealers both of which sold out. So its basically resell for me which sucks. And I bet 70% of the pairs that these 2 stores sold went straight to resell too.

I really want a pair of the Cut and Paste Sk-8 Highs but if i don’t get them at retail, I’ll move on. I’ll be damned if i pay resell for a pair of Vans.

6C293E5E-8CEF-4CFA-B7D8-EAC24388CCB8.jpeg
Does anybody know anything about this event? I heard it’s free but the employees don’t even know what kind of customization options they’ll be having. I wonder if it’s worth going to.

Back
Top Bottom