The Walking Dead - Official Thread

That and im sure rick had his mind made up on killing the inmates so it made no sense for him,to waste meds on them when his very own people needed it.

Rick hadn't decided that yet, if he was going to kill them from the get why take them outside? Why offer to help? He knew where the food was, he had means to kill all 5.

Tomas was being confrontational from the court yard, that's why he told him he would kill him. Then he killed tiny, opened both doors when Rick told him one and took a swipe at Rick.

At that point he was a liability, him and that small dude.

Then people ask why did Rick chase after the small dude, why risk it? Make sure he's dead, you don't want to play the maybe game, remember they are prisoners and know the jail better than anyone.

And if Rick decided he was going to kill them from the get, why leave those last 2 dudes alive ? Why not just merc them and be done with it?

While Rick is getting ruthless/cold he's still a person / cop with morales. He treads the line because of what's going on around them, he wants the best for the group, hell help as much as he can or to an extent for outsiders, but If you threaten his group he will put a bullet in you.

Rick hadn't decided that yet, if he was going to kill them from the get why take them outside? Why offer to help? He knew where the food was, he had means to kill all 5.
Tomas was being confrontational from the court yard, that's why he told him he would kill him. Then he killed tiny, opened both doors when Rick told him one and took a swipe at Rick.
Then people ask why did Rick chase after the small dude, why risk it? Make sure he's dead, you don't want to play the maybe game, remember they are prisoners and know the jail better than anyone.
And if Rick decided he was going to kill them from the get, why leave those last 2 dudes alive ? Why not just merc them and be done with it?
While Rick is getting ruthless/cold he's still a person / cop with morales. He treads the line because of what's going on around them, he wants the best for the group, hell help as much as he can or to an extent for outsiders, but If you threaten his group he will put a bullet in you.

^^Yep... exactly right

Nah, like someone said they're still different people. Towards the end, people saw how much of a loose cannon Shane was and didn't trust him. How is Rick becoming worse than Shane? He hasn't done anything yet that most of us wouldn't think about doing. Making allies with prisoners you don't even know wouldn't have been the best idea. Rick does what he always does, keep the group safe.

member when shane was alive, rick wanted to hear everyone's suggestion on an action they did.

now rick mentions " this aint a democracy anymore." it implies, him thinking what it is best for the group just as shane did when he was leader of the group.
Rick is evolving as a character. I still won't say he's turning into Shane though. He still has to show me more. I still see Rick as a good guy. I'm not saying this new Rick is better or worse. He's definitely different and being a more forceful leader. But I feel like you won't end up dead in a ditch somewhere if you oppose his opinion like you would've with Shane. I think this new Rick wouldn't have tried to help that young guy last year who hurt his leg, he would've left him or put him out of his misery.

What i'm basically saying is I didn't find Shane likable at all and Rick is still someone I would want to be leading.

I agree that Rick still has his cop morals, but at the same time he has to look out for his team. He gave the Prisoners a chance, but after some of those reckless moves & dude going at Rick's head, he had no choice.

Also, I thought Hershel was gonna turn into a walker & end up biting Lori in that one scene :nerd:

Saying Rick is now as bad or worse than Shane is laughable. Shane would've killed those last two prisoners without thinking twice.

Also, I thought Hershel was gonna turn into a walker & end up biting Lori in that one scene
nerd.gif
Haha, the writers wanted to create anxiety with that scene... "Oh no, Hershel's gonna bite and kill Lori..."

When in fact, everyone was probably going "dammit, he didn't bite her...".

Shane did what he thought was the right choice so he could get the supplies to save Carl.

Had Shane been given the opportunity to do as he wished maybe he would have become more calculated since he'd have more experience.

I'm pretty sure it's Georgia. I remember the prisoner who rick bodied referenced Georgia.

I could be wrong.

Here's the 'scratch.'

i see no blood though pimp

im thinkin big tiny died for nothing

and they gonna find out later

possibly the alive prisoners when they get rid of the bodies

quote me on this

Doing my best to not sound like the condescending guy in here, but if some of you just kind of browsed through the comics, you'd see how far off some of your assumptions are. The show has gone somewhat of it's own direction, but it's obviously still sticking to the storyline to an extent.

I remember looking down at where Tiny's corpse was and seeing that his face and most of his skull looked like jelly. Dude went a little overboard in making sure he was dead.

Is it wrong that I really, really want Rick's wife to get offed? She has been bothering me since early in season 2 smh

Is it wrong that I really, really want Rick's wife to get offed? She has been bothering me since early in season 2 smh

Everybody wants her dead, it's just a matter of how. LOL

but yeah, I like this Rick better than the old Rick.

Like one dude said, Shane acte- Rick is calculated.

edit: are we gonna meet the governor in the next episode?

Last edited:
Everybody wants her dead, it's just a matter of how. LOL
but yeah, I like this Rick better than the old Rick.
Like one dude said, Shane acte- Rick is calculated.
edit: are we gonna meet the governor in the next episode?

yes

This. The whole rick is shane is a reach. Rick always has the GROUP in mind...not just himself.  

When are new episodes available on AMCs site? Me and the fiance just caught up with Netflix, and the first episode of season 3 on AMCs site.

And on a sidenote, I downloaded and printed and bound all the comics, RIP to my work life.

Saying Rick is now as bad or worse than Shane is laughable. Shane would've killed those last two prisoners without thinking twice.
I think Rick UNDERSTANDS Shane's frame of mind a little better now that he assumed Shane's responsibility of making the hard choices.
You can't really blame Shane, he wasn't a bad person all things considered. He was just RAW and had feelings for LORI...she's a maniac, and self serving.

Rick's prison execution in the comic > Rick's prison execution on AMC

He gave Dexter that WORK and didn't remorse one bit...The comic book is so much more entertaining than the show in terms of appropriate emotions for a zombie apocalypse.

This is why I dislike characters like Carl, most of the girls, and glenn.

Back
Top Bottom