The Walking Dead - Official Thread

The Big Bang Theory does great numbers but it is a terrible sitcom. The Walking Dead franchise is in that sphere. GOAT? It isn't even a Top 10 Drama of the last five years much less the last 15. GOAT? All numbers means is you have a loyal fanbase and something you can use a bargaining chip to get more money.

Last edited:
Mad Men
Boardwalk Empire
Justified
Game of Thrones
Breaking Bad
Vikings
Hannibal
True Detective
Narcos
Spartacus

The Walking Dead was probably the first drama I got into back when it premiered, did not watch many tv shows pre-2010, but I stopped after Season 3 because by then I had caught onto shows like Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Sherlock, and now shows like Fargo, and Better Call Saul have recently started. These shows are acted and written better than TWD period. I guess as viewers we have become spoiled with how good television has gotten and TWD just does not hold up against the shows I mentioned.

Now I am not here to just bash TWD. I see why it has its fan base, AMC does a good job at promoting it during Halloween period every year and it is the only show that has anything to do with zombies, besides FTWD. The fact that it has great viewing numbers is not surprising. As mindless entertainment I can see people enjoying the show.

We got less than 24 hours. :evil:

I got Glen getting chewed up for my super crazy long shot shock the world prediction for this season.

Lmaooo twd will never be on a goat show top 5 list. Yall sober? Show been cheeks since season 1. Where is thr show even going b

At least the real walking dead is back now.

Preparing for the annual sunday nt thread discussions. :lol:

TWD to me is just like a summer blockbuster; entertaining and fun, but in no way a contender for GOAT list honors.

Last edited:
lol @ GOAT show, sure you can't debate its popularity but cmon the acting and writing is terrible.
Oh, I guess it did come off like I meant GOAT as this show is good, or that I think it is amazing or something.

The show is borderline garbage, but I'm not at a point where I've quit.

I meant GOAT as in popularity and exposure and socially cool. Take a look at any 'Best Show' list and they are loaded with trash, like this. This show will be atop those lists, whether its good or not. 

GOAT means one thing. And this show ain't it.

I watch it for the spectacle. There are plenty of other shows with much better writing and acting, but it doesn't mean I can't find entertainment in it. Someone put it best way back in this thread. Shows like The Sopranos are filet mignon and TWD is hot dogs.

Last edited:
Started watching this in August, and finally finished in time for Season 6. I really hope Gabriel gets killed, not by a human but several walkers. He is such a ***** :smh:. Why didnt Morgan kill those guys? Is he on some life is precious BS? I would have left them tied up for the walkers to feast on. Even though he was able to get away from them, doesn't mean the next person will have option.

They admitted to him they were going to kill him,so in my eyes they are a threat to everyone and need to be put down.

I think Strand is into Real Estate or some politician. He told Nick that he would gentrify his community. Anyway I like that it isn't chaotic. Its the first week of a zombie outbreak and I think tom this point that everyone would be doing like anyone else would be doing if the world went the crapper and didn't know what was going on

Indeed he is.

I honestly just think people throw GOAT around way too much. I like this show. I complain but I still watch it because it is still entertaining. Calling this show GOAT tho? Greatest of ALL TIME? Nah. And you can't say cause more people watch it. The Carter 4 outsold The Carter 2 but The Carter 2 is superior in every way.

Last edited:
Hate watch? I said I like the show. And Just like any show, I'm going to say something about anything I see that doesn't make sense to me.

^ Relax bro.  Wasn't even addressing anyone in particular.  
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom