The way Phillies fans celebrate their victories APPRECIATION!

Originally Posted by hugebird

http://www.youtube.com/v/nOQJN8Frxt...or2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fshttp://www.youtube.com/v/nOQJN8Frxt...or2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs http://www.youtube.com/v/nOQJN8Frxt...2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1http://www.youtube.com/v/nOQJN8Frxt...2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

^

Just watch if the Yankees do win, all hell going to break loose in that city. Looting & vandilization

ill love if the yankees dont make it. so confident they are in it and playing us. remember we should of swept nyy in yankee stadium. so bring it. make sure ccpitches atleast 2 games and that bum burnett does too.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

^

Just watch if the Yankees do win, all hell going to break loose in that city. Looting & vandilization

it didn't happen the 26 other times, new yorkers don't really get into all that. we just coome together, get drunk, and girls show their boobies. whenthe giants won it was craziness but not riots

that will only happen if the knicks win because the apocalypse would have came

I do understand your statement about those college idiots who I think aren't even from Philadelphia but since they go to school here act like they know the sports history of this city.
Are any Philly fans from Philly?

"Where you from?"
"Philly"
"Cool, what part"
"South Jersey [or] Bucks County"

Pathetic.

The best is when the city was starving for a chip during B-Hop's last fight in AC. Being from Philly, you'd think a crowd in South Jersey might rootfor him, right? Nope. They rooted for Pavlik. Because they're horrible racists.

Originally Posted by DubA169

^

i'm catching a body that night

The Knicks would seem to be the only team to bring the ignorance from all New Yorkers
laugh.gif

President Obama would have to get the National Guard up in that and declare NYC a state of emergency
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

I do understand your statement about those college idiots who I think aren't even from Philadelphia but since they go to school here act like they know the sports history of this city.
Are any Philly fans from Philly?

"Where you from?"
"Philly"
"Cool, what part"
"South Jersey [or] Bucks County"

Pathetic.

The best is when the city was starving for a chip during B-Hop's last fight in AC. Being from Philly, you'd think a crowd in South Jersey might root for him, right? Nope. They rooted for Pavlik. Because they're horrible racists.

this is one of the things that i absolutely cant stand

i would say something about philly fans, but what happened in the aftermath of the lakers winning the title in 2000 and this year is making me decide to keepmy mouth shut.

being born and raised in south philly this bothers me more than ANYTHING. i hate people who started loving the phillies last year and this year. I hate jerseypeople or bucks county people or any other non phila township/state/city say theyre from philly. You meet people at college parties or at work and you say,
"Where you from?", and they reply,
"Philly".
"Oh really which part?",
"Bucks county"
HATE THAT more than anything. And i will admit that when at Phillies games i see so many tools that are only there because its 'cool' to be there andit p's me off. I wanna shank one of them one day. But besides that point South philly people are diehard about sports whether they boo or not. You wouldboo too if Doug peterson is your starting QB.

you have no idea.

now, Canadians know how to OD a game celebration.

in short. bonfires, hanging from light posts, vandalism, people getting hit with fireworks, fire hoses, and the riot squad.

From what I hear, my boys cousin has lived in Philly his whole life and he said alotta these Phillies fans hopped on the bandwagon AFTER they won the WS.

smh.gif

Not tryna start stuff, just saying what I've heard from a person that lives there.

Originally Posted by BwooDFolkGD74

Originally Posted by DubA169

^

i'm catching a body that night
Word, I'll be sacrificing some virgins if the KNicks ever win

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

4wrestling wrote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Everyday

I LOVE MY CITY.

We are passionate about our sports team. Plain and simple.
You're proud of that?

There's so much South Philly scum and idiot college kids that just go there and get wasted. They aren't sports fans.

And for the ones who are sports fans, Philadelphians are the most fickle, nonsensical, bandwagon fans around. I don't recall all these Phillies fans about 5 years ago.

4W, as one of the 17 NTers who still watches wrestling, I respect what you do weekly in the wrestling forum and as an NTer in general.

I say that to say this, your generalization of Philadelphia sports fans is off base. It's your opinion and that's fine but being a sports fan from Philadelphia, I feel you don't really understand the way we work. We have strong love/hate relationships with all of our teams.

Fickle is the last thing I would call Philadelphia fans. Do we get disheartened and frustrated more quickly than most fans? Yes. Do we boo and complain about how our teams suck and we won't support those bums anymore? Yes. Do we ever actually mean it? Hell no. We piss, we moan, and we make all these threats, but we're there every game, every year. Just the type of people we are.

I was there when the Eagles were led by Bobby Hoying and were in the cellar. I was there when the Sixers were the laughing stock of the NBA. Jeff freakin' Hornacek was our leading scorer. Same with the Phillies and the Flyers. I don't know who you are around but everyone in my family and everyone I know is the same way.

The nonsensical fans you talk about are there in every sports francise. I'm in DC and I know dudes who think the Skins are still gonna win the NFC East and go to the Super Bowl. Same with your beloved Yankees. You wanna talk about nonsensical...the Yankees should be working on their 14th World Series championship according to some of the Yankees fans I know.

And I don't know really know how you can be a bandwagon fan of your hometown team but bandwagon fans are just commonplace in sports.

I can agree with the college kids who just come around to get wasted but as a native South Philadelphian, I take offense to the "scum" comment. But its all good.

Damn, that was long winded...cliffnotes:
I like you, but you got us all wrong.

Sorry, my 'scum' comment was stereotypical.

While I will continue to hate Philadelphia fans (minus the all 37 true Sixers fans), I hatred is no doubt influenced being a Yankees and Giants fans living in Philadelphia.

However, don't tell me that you guys don't mean it when you boo. If it was up to the fans, McNabb would have been driven out of town years ago. Hell, you guys were ready to can Charlie Manuel not too long ago.

I don't think you were being stereotypical at all. The majority of Philly fans are white trash scumbags that have no idea how to act appropriately inpublic settings, and have little to no knowledge about the sports they root for.

The Phillies have only recently been able to draw fans to the ballpark on a consistent basis. Pre-Citizens Bank Park, the Vet was lucky to get 20k a game. The Phillies fanbase cannot even come close to being compared to those of Chicago, Boston, New York, LA, or St. Louis. Most Philly fans are quick to jump onthe bandwagon in great times then hop off when things start to go south (i.e. Sixers post 2001).

And by the way, yes I'm a diehard Phillies fan from South Jersey.

Back
Top Bottom