The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have yet to go to a Weeknd concert
mean.gif

Sad.

I wanna see random broads just lose themselves in the music tripping off random drugs I'm probably too wary to do myself too dammit
laugh.gif
doesnt have to be a weeknd show for that, just a hit a local edm festival. 

Lol.

Did you really see a dude with that tatted tho? :lol:  
black/green XO sleeveless tee, tattoo on right shoulder, yup. I don't think he was part of the crew neither, homes was waiting out front before the concert with the rest of us.

I have to stop listening to HOB...the more I do the more I realize kissland is lackluster
:wow: ??

Idk about that. The two projects are insanely different, yes, but KL on certain days is more enjoyable than the rest of his catalogue. You can't listen to HOB and expect the same artist on a project that came out two years later. KL is a work of art.

But that's just me :lol:.

When you're done listening to HOB this time around, check straight into KL and give it a few listens, you'll probably only need one to realize how wrong you were.

:wow: ??

Idk about that. The two projects are insanely different, yes, but KL on certain days is more enjoyable than the rest of his catalogue. You can't listen to HOB and expect the same artist on a project that came out two years later. KL is a work of art.

But that's just me :lol:.

When you're done listening to HOB this time around, check straight into KL and give it a few listens, you'll probably only need one to realize how wrong you were.

Idk man the writing is really good but the production isn't as smooth IMO. Like there's a few songs on there that I wasn't fond of when it originally dropped but could tolerate. Now I can't even listen to em.

The first half of kissland
Live for because of that damn chorus
Odd look
Even wanderlust just sounds so "popish"

Like don't get me wrong there are some GREAT gems on there like professional, pretty etc..but idk HOB is literally on another level. Even ppl who don't **** with the weeknd can't deny it's greatness

Last edited:
black/green XO sleeveless tee, tattoo on right shoulder, yup. I don't think he was part of the crew neither, homes was waiting out front before the concert with the rest of us.
laugh.gif
 That's just sad.

Dude is probably at all the shows thinking he's gonna be the next Lou Banga & get put on to the crew.

Last edited:
When I blast KL the production is still exceptional to me. Most of the tracks abduct me and take me far far away. When it's a lower volume it's definitely not as captivating 

KL aint lackluster in the least bit to me, except for a few minor gripes (some of the lyricism and sound effects)

Last edited:
I'm deff a house of balloons stan...that's actually kinda how my ex from hs and I got together. It's personally my favorite but I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Dog I was doing running the other day at the gym and my phone was on shuffle and The Zone came on, I was going too fast to switch it lmao....long story short it had me bout ready to go cuff the cardio bunnie stretching in front of me lol.

The original version of Odd Look that the Weeknd put up is top notch stuff. HOB level stuff tbh. The album version sounds off though for some reason.

I'm deff a house of balloons stan...that's actually kinda how my ex from hs and I got together. It's personally my favorite but I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Dog I was doing running the other day at the gym and my phone was on shuffle and The Zone came on, I was going too fast to switch it lmao....long story short it had me bout ready to go cuff the cardio bunnie stretching in front of me lol.

:lol:

The original version of Odd Look that the Weeknd put up is top notch stuff. HOB level stuff tbh. The album version sounds off though for some reason.
Yep, definitely the case. I feel like folks who never listened to the original version jumped to conclusions on not liking it. IMO the original is noticeably better and sped up

Agreed 100%. Original version had a darker feel/tone to it. Same thing they did with some songs from the mixtapes after they went onto The Trilogy. Straight criminal

Ofcourse I can't find it on youtube or anything but I have it on my iTunes. Was going back and forth between OG and album version and I like how the OG makes Abel's voice sound dark and echo-y if that makes any sense.

Back
Top Bottom