The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Loft Music is my ****.....his soothing vocals over the panned out vibrating beat from 2:50-6:03.......speechless

ICFMF is easily the weakest to me, if any other artist sang it, I wouldn't even give it a second listen 

Whos singing pop songs about Coke though??

Miguel? Frank Ocean? I don't listen to him but maybe Trey Songz? R. Kelly?

And you said it...pop songs. The thing that has always made the weeknd stand out to me was the dark atmosphere that surrounded his sound. Like you can mean mug while listening to high pitched vocals. I have never been an R&B fan but love the Weeknd. It was like a rappers R&B singer.

I am not saying the new stuff is bad because i like wanderlust in the same vein. But a whole album of that and i feel like i have lost my favorite musician out right now. But Mood Music (the hills) gives me hope. That song puts me right in the place.

I have only listened to In the night. And its good i like it but i hope its the minority of the album sound.

Lets go man!

Girls Born in the 90s is crack :pimp:
The hills is a banger :pimp:
In the Night is nice :pimp:
I cant feel my face is a nice summer ride around music :pimp:

My summer is complete now 
pimp.gif

Whos singing pop songs about Coke though??
So because it's about coke it's automatically good music? If you folks rock with it, I'm happy for them. Personally I think it's a pretty bland track

The Hills music video dropping 
eek.gif
 did the CDQ drop as well???

Wow a clean version of any Weeknd track 
sick.gif

I need to hear it in the car or good speakers, I couldn't really hear the bass from the music video

Bet he shot and edited that video in 1.5 days 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom