The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It took a lot of letting HOB to sink in :smile:eek) for a lot of cats to see the light, maybe it'll be the same for the half of us not really feeling this joint, sans like 3-4 tracks. It can happen. :lol:

downloaded a track with girls born in the 90s transitioning into acquainted. :pimp:

Last edited:
It took a lot of letting HOB to sink in (
eek.gif
) for a lot of cats to see the light, maybe it'll be the same for the half of us not really feeling this joint, sans like 3-4 tracks. It can happen.
laugh.gif
I see what you are saying... HOB was instant classic to me tho, KL took about 2 days to really take over but I wasn't consistently skipping tracks like this. If you gotta say 'sans 3-4 tracks' i dont think its gonna ever gonna hit us like the rest did.

KL and Trilogy had unique sounds. You couldnt get that ANYWHERE else. You could take some songs off of BBTM and put them on another  artists album and they are instaskip.

Last edited:
I see what you are saying... HOB was instant classic to me tho, KL took about 2 days to really take over but I wasn't consistently skipping tracks like this. If you gotta say 'sans 3-4 tracks' i dont think its gonna ever gonna hit us like the rest did.

KL and Trilogy had unique sounds. You couldnt get that ANYWHERE else. You could take some songs off of BBTM and put them on another  artists album and they are instaskip.

SMH. Once a bad Abel gone pop, he gone forever.

Nawz, bless us/me with that transition track

I haven't read savage/savagery so many times than the last few pages

The demand is clear

The problem is the weeknd is making too much happy sounding songs... Need more drugs and heartbreaks in his life...... Can't get down with this positive like music

KISSLAND>>>>>>> this

Last edited:
arite I need to listen I don't wanna wait a week.

anyone got a link that works with the iPhone and downloads lite. pm if you can

die-hard XO fan here...this is my first time coming to this thread

can someone PM me a link to the leak? i can't resist anymore...these soundcloud highlights aren't enough for me

Angel reminds me of Adele - Somebody Like You :lol:. Btw need that Acquainted transitioning into GBIT90s

I loved Kiss Land from the first listen tho

This is different
I like this cd but yeah the sound is so different but for sure this is the worst out of all of his work.

And like someone said earlier I forgot who (sorry) the 1st 4 songs of KL was
eek.gif
pimp.gif
. Im about to listen to those 4 tracks right now
laugh.gif

i like prisoner but it shouldve been a solo weeknd track. i felt like this track had so much potential when i heard the snippet at the concert.

Acquainted/Girls Born in the 90's I think is the first time someone bodied a song and then remixed their own song and made a new song and made it even better :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
This album's production just further validates the fact that they laced the kid with straight HEAT on KL.

I need them shrieks back in my life |I

Last edited:
anyone notice the hook to prisoner is almost exactly the same to the hook for valerie? obviously the words are different but overall i think the songs are very similar

What we need is a transition from Acquainted to Girls in the 90's. It only makes sense, I'm not sure why he didn't do that to begin with
Haven't listened to Acquainted yet, but since y'all saying it has influences of GBIT90s might just throw GBIT90s on after it.

Second full spin on far better speakers. I'm afraid I can't agree with the disdain for this album. I'm feeling it, man. As I said earlier, he's catering to two different audiences now. It's not ideal for those of us who have been riding this wave for the past four years, but things change. We all knew dude had potential. I think he did a good job at finding a balance between satisfying the older crowd along with the new bandwagon folks.

Don't get me wrong, some songs are wack. But I've always been able to listen to dude's music objectively and call a spade a spade. Losers has a cool beat, but he let a feature outshine him. For the first time ever, I think I'd like a version with his part edited out. :lol:

The only tracks I can honestly say I don't care for are:
Losers
Earned It (not because it's a terrible song, but for obvious/outdated reasons)
As you were

Everything else is solid in my book. Ever since KL, I've accepted that he wouldn't produce bodies of work where I love every single track. This is no different. I'm looking forward to seeing how it ages, as well as where it ranks in his body of work. Again, I did myself a service by going in with no expectations. I didn't want to convince myself that we'd be transported back to the days of the trilogy, not did I want to believe that he'd put some blonde in his dreads and go too pop (shoutout to the #FutureHive). It was a solid project in my opinion. Looking forward to the tour.

Long live Mood Music. :smokin

As You Are will most def grow on you.

Back
Top Bottom